MaverickM11
Topic Author

Where's Michael Moore?

Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:23 am

Anybody heard from fat-bastard? I'm dying to know what his thoughts are post election. Anybody seen his Florida election videos? What's the deal? Now what for Mr. Moore?
E pur si muove -Galileo

tristarenvy

RE: Where's Michael Moore?

Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:25 am

Probably eating waffles at Denny's.
If you don't stand for SOMETHING, you'll fall for ANYTHING.

aa61hvy

Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:36 am

Tristar- get it right, making SuperSize me II at McDonald's.
Go big or go home

prosa

Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:39 am

As long as he's not at one of those all-you-can-eat places - he'd drive it out of business.
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

N771AN

Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:40 am

C'mon people... enough fat jokes.

I'm looking forward to his next column.

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:52 am

"I'm looking forward to his next column."

What fuh? I'm guessing he didn't find enough material in Florida to take out of context and spin into his next documentary "How Bush stole the election again".
E pur si muove -Galileo

miamiair

Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:56 am

Moore and Soros are moving on...To where? I don't care, good riddance.
Molon Labe - Proud member of SMASH

SpeedbirdHeavy

Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:14 am

Hopefully, on the way to his new home France.
China Airlines...Come fry with us!

ConcordeBoy

Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:17 am

on the way to his new home France.

Are you kidding... this is probably the greatest day in his life, and definitely in his career.

Helloooooooo: it GIVES HIM SOMETHING TO DO!
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

Thom@s

Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:23 am

Hmmm, I've noticed that when you attack him, you point out that he's fat. How about some constructive critisism if you feel like bashing him? After all, he's opened a lot of eyes.

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

anxebla

Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:25 am

I feel SHAME due to all this replies on this thread. France? Unless the French population is adult, no teenager like many North American "adults"!!!
This type of behaviour is similar to the Nazis one. Just discrepancy is killed!!!
And remember one thing... AQ might be so fanatic like you, boys. Think about it!
This thread is entirely shameful.
AIRBUS 320 The world's most advanced single-aisle aircraft

GC

Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:27 am

Well the old saying goes,
"If you can't attack the message, attack the messenger". Just shows lack of intelligence and downright ignorance.

Thom@s

Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:28 am

Indeed Gc, too true.

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:28 am

" How about some constructive critisism if you feel like bashing him? "

No need to beat that dead horse, and I don't have all day.

"This type of behaviour is similar to the Nazis one. Just discrepancy is killed!!!
And remember one thing... AQ might be so fanatic like you, boys. Think about it!
"
?????????????
E pur si muove -Galileo

SpeedbirdHeavy

Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:32 am

I feel SHAME due to all this replies on this thread. France? Unless the French population is adult, no teenager like many North American "adults"!!!
This type of behaviour is similar to the Nazis one. Just discrepancy is killed!!!
And remember one thing... AQ might be so fanatic like you, boys. Think about it! This thread is entirely shameful.

I have no clue what you're trying to say!

Translator please!

Plus, Michael Moore has opened a lot of eyes! We now see how clearly he fabricates and exaggerates!

Thom@s

Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:32 am

I'm sure you don't need all day to think of something you don't like about Michael More besides the fact that he is overweight. I'll get you started: He has shown facts that makes your President look bad, and you don't like it. Simple as that. You don't have to like him, but some respect wouldn't hurt...

Thom@s

mlsrar

Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:35 am

He has shown facts that makes your President look bad

Whoa, whoa...wait a minute. Facts? Looks like you drank a little bit too much o' the purple Kool-Aid. If you think, for one second, that Moore's films are in any way supposed to resemble a documentary based on fact than I can only express pity (mixed in with a tad bit of WTF?) for you.

Purchase a copy of: http://www.farenhype911.com
I mean, for the right price I’ll fight a lion. - Mike Tyson

miamiair

Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:36 am

I won't trust what comes out of Moore's mouth farther than I can throw him. He edits speeches, takes things out of context and then wants to be the second coming of Spielberg...Not!

JOSEMEX

Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:41 am

>This type of behaviour is similar to the Nazis one. Just discrepancy is killed!!!
And remember one thing... AQ might be so fanatic like you, boys<

Andres, relax...

Comparing not likeing Michael Moore (or any other artist from either side of the political spectrum) to being as fanatic as Al Qaeda is...well...dumb.

anxebla

Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:49 am

I don't worry if my English is good or not, Speedbird (I know my English is not very good indeed)
The most important is myself can to say I'm thinking and other people can understand it.

SpeedbirdHeavy

Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:51 am

He has shown facts that makes your President look bad, and you don't like it. Simple as that.

If you take "Fahrenheit 911" as fact, then you are as uneducated as the rest of the people who do too.

But, if you're not in the country, how can you even make that opinion, as you don't have a clue yourself.

CaptOveur

Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:53 am

"to being as fanatic as Al Qaeda is...well...dumb."

I was all worried Aloha Airlines had become a fanatic. Big grin

He is probably locked in a closet crying, and plotting his next work of historical fiction about Bush.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

767Lover

Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:18 am

My candidate lost, and I accept that. However, what I am really dreading more than Bush's next term is having to listen to that obnoxious jerk (Moore) for another 4 years.

anxebla

Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:21 am

I like very much M.Moore and his courage is admirable.
Fortunatelly he is not alone... B.Spristeen, Soros, many famous people from Hollywood even Bush's relatives understood that GWB can be a danger for US and the world.
I hope seeing our planet don't be more unsafe within 4 years than at this moments.

Thom@s

Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:15 am

Look, it's not all about Fahrenheit 9-11. Look at all the other stuff he's done. You guys haven't forgotten about Bowling for Columbine, have you? This is not just about Michael Moore vs Bush, this is about you guys claiming Moore is a big nothing. Which he isn't.

It's that old saying, The truth hurts, isn't it? Well, I understand that nothing I can say will change your oppinions, so I'm just going to leave this discussion there.

Had my english vocabulary been better, then perhaps we could have continued.  Smile

Thom@s

tristarenvy

Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:29 am

Okay, the eating at Denny's was low, but then calling Dubya a "false president" on TV at the Oscars is the same, right?

Look, I'll speak as an average American, right now. Forgetting my politics for the sake of the moment.

I think most folks are just sick and tired of show-biz types trying to tell us what we need to think and do. Sadly, there are a lot of folks who just live to know who Puff Daddy, Whoopi Goldberg, Springsteen, and The Dixie Chicks are shilling for. I like to watch stuff on TV to be entertained, not given someone's very one sided political views. Is Moore a decent film maker? Maybe. "Rodger and Me" was okay, and his TV show had it's moments. But, Good God, could anyone have a meaner tone to what he does? What does he want, anarchy in the USA? He's entitled to his views, but he really doesn't need to beat his message to death.

If you don't stand for SOMETHING, you'll fall for ANYTHING.

jaysit

Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:33 am

I guess waiting to make a movie on the next 1000 Americans to be slaughtered in Iraq.

Or waiting for the next trumped up excuse the Bush admin comes up with for the war. That in itself, would make a great short feature.

As long as "Nero fiddles, as Rome burns," the likes of Moore will have plenty of material.

Atheism is Myth Understood.

SlamClick

Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:37 am

He's home, sitting by the phone, waiting for the invitation to Bush' inaugural. After all, he played a major part in putting Bush back in the Whitehouse. It is called "backlash." The Manchester Guardian also played a very large part, in much the same way.

And Thom@s we have forgotten nothing. When I first saw "Roger and Me" I dismissed him as a sloppy film maker with a kind of loony point of view. I followed him from a distance, not having any real interest in what he had to say. When I saw "Bowling for Columbine" and in light of his popularity I realized that he was not just missing the point, he was deliberately skewing things.

The blunt truth is that the shooters at Columbine did what they did to become celebrities. In the westen world it no longer matters what you are famous for, (hell, what talent does Regis Philbin have?) it is enough to be famous. Television news caused Columbine by making previous shooters famous, however briefly. Columbine is as good an argument against freedom of the press as it is against gun ownership.

Michael Moore is a film maker because he is not a good enough actor to be a funeral director. His public weeping over victims is too obviously phony. At least it is to those of us who actually listen to what he says, and have lived enough to know some truths for ourselves.

Michael Moore is a sleazy human being and the miniscule amount of good he might accidentally cause is no justification for the acclaim over his lies.
Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.

StevenUhl777

Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:06 am

He's taking a break. He'll be back...running for the nomination in 2008.

Wonder what the next movie will be about.

I'm going to celebrate Inauguration Day in Jan. 2005 by watching Farenheit 9/11, should be good for a laugh or two.  Laugh out loud

And the winner for best actress is....REESE WITHERSPOON for 'Walk the Line'!!!!!!!!

NWA

Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:11 am

"He has shown facts that makes your President look bad"

Has the definition of a fact changed? You are kidding me, right?
23 victor, turn right heading 210, maintain 3000 till established, cleared ILS runwy 24.

miamiair

Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:19 am

Anxbela:

Quien te crees? El mundo es tan seguro que cuando te reventaron los trenes, España se fue patas pa arriba, y se la dejaron meter. No me vengas con cuentos. Sigue pensando en el rumbo que llevas y te vas a encontrar una pesadilla.

The english version:
Who do you think you are? The world is so safe, that when they blew up the trains in Madrid, you gave in and rolled over. Don't come to me with fairy tales. Keep thinking the way you are and your going to find yourself in a nightmare.

N771AN

Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:26 am

Well apparently Michael Moore is being, you guessed it, a sore loser.

http://www.michaelmoore.com

They're soldiers faces.

nealcg

Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:27 am

Anxbela:
I like very much M.Moore and his courage is admirable.
Fortunatelly he is not alone... B.Spristeen, Soros, many famous people from Hollywood even Bush's relatives understood that GWB can be a danger for US and the world.
I hope seeing our planet don't be more unsafe within 4 years than at this moments.

I thought Al Queda was the danger. Oh I forgot you guys ran like girlie men when you got a litle b**ch slap from them...

REMEMBER...NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO...THERE YOU ARE !!

L-188

Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:48 am

Hopefully crying into his KFC bucket.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.