Scorpio
Topic Author

Official Liberals Congratulating Bush Thread

Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:01 am

I start this thread as a response to the countless 'in your face' threads started by Bush supporters over the last few hours. It saddens me to see that adults can act in such a childish way and can not celebrate their victory with more class than what they have been showing. Shame on you.

In response, I would like this thread to become the place where liberals / democrats come to unconditionally congratulate Bush for his victory. Why? Because it's the decent and correct thing to do, and because we're better than some of the juveniles running around the boards like little children right now.

I'll go first:

Congratulations to Bush and Cheney for winning this election in a fair and honest manner. The people have spoken.

cannikin

RE: Official Liberals Congratulating Bush Thread

Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:03 am

I think I just heard crickets chirp in here...  Nuts

Mir

Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:04 am

As much as I think that the people were dead wrong in their decision, it is one I will respect.

Bush and his team did a very good job with their campaign. They had a very tough task, and they accomplished it. It eats my heart out to say it, but congratulations to them.
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

EGGD

Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:11 am

I hope Bush can resurrect himself and prove over the coming 4 years that he deserves to be re-elected, I wish him all the best. I'm glad that at least a few people have enough dignity to treat opposing parties with respect, unlike certain members of the forum who continue to act in a childish and demeaning manner.

L-188

Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:18 am

Cannikin.

What crickets?

OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

CaptOveur

Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:25 am

WOW.. this is one dead thread. Where are all the dems spreading peace and love to the majority of the US voting public?
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:31 am

Ok, I'll step up to the plate...

I'd like to congratulate Bush on his first presidential election victory! Big grin

B

CaptOveur

Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:32 am

I'd like to congratulate Bush on his first presidential election victory!

Does that mean he can run again in 2008?

DC10GUY

RE: Official Liberals Congratulations Bush Thread

Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:42 am

Well isn't this a nice idea. Congratulations Dubya your people did a great job !!! We where to dumb to see that the majority of Americans could give a shit less about your oil war. Its them damn fags, that's the problem with this great land. And your people are all over it... Thanks.
Next time try the old "dirty Sanchez" She'll love it !!!

JeffM

Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:46 am

You are fixated on the myth of an "oil war". You obviously don't have a clue as to how the price of a barrel of oil is set. Sad really, that someone your age can't get a grip on such a concept, yet it explains a lot about your posts.

But, you were right....it is a great land.

CaptOveur

Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:49 am

I think DC10guy has earned one of these

j_hallgren

Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:55 am

Scorpio, we aren't acting any more childish than those who STILL keep "celebrating" the "victory" of Gore in 2000...But I will give you credit for being one who has acted like an adult in this topic! Thanks!!!
COBOL - Not a dead language yet!

DLKAPA

Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:17 pm

And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

StarAC17

Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:56 pm

DLKAPA I like the fact that you chaged where you were from  Big thumbs up
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

vafi88

Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:13 pm

I'll congratulate him on pulling off this election - I really thought American people mostly were above the 98 IQ - but I guess it's a minority that are above it...

Anyway - bitterness aside, I REALLY hope that Bush can bring this country together AT LEAST halfway, otherwise I'm really afraid of revolts, riots, and just hate in general.

THAT would be bad no matter if you're a Dem or Con.
I'd like to elect a president that has a Higher IQ than a retarted ant.

StarAC17

Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:19 pm

He's gonna have to get himself out of this mess because the blame Clintion/Democrats thing won't work anymore. Plus certain people in the admin may be leaving so it won't be as extreme hopefully.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

sfointern

Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:26 pm

This is the worst thread ever.

Corpsnerd09

Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:31 pm

This is the worst thread ever.

I agree, most of you completely missed the point.
If you really want to do it, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll make excuses.

MD11LuxuryLinr

Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:39 pm

Personally, I'd like to thank W for saving Kerry from cleaning up this huge mess he made.

AND...

For giving me a great source of entertainment for the next four years.. I can't wait to see what happens now!!

Big thumbs up  Big thumbs up  Big thumbs up  Big thumbs up  Big thumbs up  Big thumbs up  Big thumbs up  Big thumbs up  Big thumbs up  Big thumbs up  Big thumbs up  Big thumbs up  Big thumbs up  Big thumbs up
Caution wake turbulence, you are following a heavy jet.

flight152

Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:43 pm

As nicely put by someone else here:

I say enjoy the next few years of lies and despair.

commander_rabb

Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:49 pm

What a strange thread.

I just have four questions.

Scorpio,

1. Are you a liberal?
2. Are you a Democrat?
3. Are you an American?
4. And if so, did you vote?

The American people have spoken. They can say whatever "they" want.

An historic victory indeed. Senator Kerry and his supporters can be proud of their efforts. The President and his supporters can be proud of theirs.

What more needs to be said that has not been said already?

[Edited 2004-11-04 05:53:35]

OYRJA

Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:54 pm

Once again we se the maturity of some republicans in here. Well done boys Big grin

Even though I didn't like the outcome of this election I would give Bush an official congratulation. I didn't vote because I couldn't do so.

And I don't know if the right man won. IMO none of them were worth 4 years. I hope they will have some more competent candidates in 2008. But only time will tell that.

But once again. Congratulations Bush for doing a strong and steadfast campaign.

EA CO AS

Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:24 pm

Congratulations to Bush and Cheney for winning this election in a fair and honest manner. The people have spoken.

Scorpio, on behalf of Bush supporters, I'd like to thank you for a very nice post. I hope President Bush spends the next four years leading our nation and the rest of the world to peace and prosperity.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

Scorpio
Topic Author

Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:41 pm

To the very few people who got the point of this thread and responded in kind(Mir, EGGD, J_hallgren, Corpsnerd09, OYRJA and EA CO AS): thank you. Unfortunately there were only a handful.

To the others (and I mean both Republicans AND Democrats) who managed to turn this thread into YET ANOTHER slinging match: get a life. All of you. And thanks for proving to all of us how high (or should I say low?) the average IQ on this site is. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Commander_Rabb,

Scorpio,

1. Are you a liberal?
2. Are you a Democrat?
3. Are you an American?
4. And if so, did you vote?

1. In the American meaning of that word: yes. In the European meaning: no.
2. I supported the Democratic Party, yes.
3. Do you know how to read a profile? That should answer your question.
4. See 3

I've answered your questions. Now I'd like to ask you one: what was the point of those questions, if any?

[Edited 2004-11-04 12:00:31]

gkirk

Mr Bush And Mr Kerry

Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:16 pm

Congratulations to both parties, they both run a very good campaign and in the end the Americans voted for who they wanted to be their President.

BTW, Does John Kerry still remain a Senator after this? Or what will he be doing if he isnt?
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

mrniji

Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:36 pm

I couldn't leave it to open this thread.. congratulations from my side too.. - this round is yours, but we will be back!  Big thumbs up
"The earth provides enough resources for everyone's need, but not for some people's greed." (Gandhi)

JGPH1A

Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:12 pm

Re: I hope President Bush spends the next four years leading our nation and the rest of the world to peace and prosperity

Well, there's hope, and there's self-delusion - treading a fine line there, I fear ! I of course would like to congratulate that idiot President Bush, but well, I won't - he's a knobhead.

:-P
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

DeltaJAX

Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:40 am

The American people have spoken, and they have elected the right man for the job, Congratulations George W. Bush and may you have another successful 4 year term as president of this great country.

johnboy

Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:50 am

Actually barely above 50% of Americans who voted, did so for George Bush.

So it's not all Americans by any stretch of the imagination.

Hardly a mandate, although I'm sure it makes him feel better to be elected than selected.