kbuf737

Democrats And Film

Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:36 pm

Just a quick question for discussion. My friends and I were talking about this the other day, but do you think movies such as Fahrenheit 9/11 and other controversial films that raise the questions that they did helped the Kerry campaign, or the liberal campaign in general or did more harm?

Thanks look foreword to your replies.

-KBUF
The tower? Rapunzel!!!!!!

Andreas

RE: Democrats And Film

Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:39 pm

Neither!!

Republicans watch it to deepen their unsatiable hate on liberal Kerrywhiners, Democrats watch and love it but they knew it anyway...and for others like myself this movie just doesn't seem to hold much entertainment value!
I know it's only VfB but I like it!

kbuf737

Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:41 pm

Im more on the conservative side, but I really didnt see much value to the film myself. I just wonder if it makes to negative of an impression of the Bush Administration to have really helped influence many votes.
The tower? Rapunzel!!!!!!

Andreas

Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:10 pm

Chris: A few years ago we had that discussion in Germany about political cabaret...and that was what they found out: Those who go there and laugh their asses off will vote liberal-left, and don't give a shit about what they hear, conservatives just don't go there, so those these jokes are aimed at won't hear it anyway, and if they get angry. So where's the point? Nowhere I guess...
I know it's only VfB but I like it!

BN747

Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:32 pm

I seriously doubt if any 'real' Bush supports would bother to go see it. It's like if you are passionate about animals and/or dogs and a movie was made supporting 'dog fights' (or a film supporting Bullfighting-- and killing the bulls) and the people who bet on them... there's no way you're gonna set foot into that theater... let alone pay to see it!

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson