jcs17

One Of Funniest, Ballsiest Signs I've Ever Seen...

Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:02 pm

*Please note: you might need a sense of humor to read this post*

I was walking back from class on Monday, when the Three...err...Ten Percent Society was having its "big" (I think a total of a hundred people participated) walk-out to protest measure one. Measure one was introduced to ban gay marriage and civil union in North Dakota. As I walked past the mini-protest, I found it funny that we had been told for the past months through the student paper through letters and editorials to basically ignore our stereotypes of gays, but who else was at the protest but butch women and effeminate men. Some of those women who were yelling through the megaphones had deeper voices than me. Anyway, then I saw it, the greatest sign ever. Some guy had a sign...well, actually, just a two pieces of notebook paper taped together, that said "Vote Yes to Measure One!" Then below it in parenthesis in smaller letters, "(Unless the lesbians are hot and will let me videotape their honeymoon)" I almost keeled over laughing hysterically. That guy had some real balls, I would want no part of that crowd.

Footnote: Measure one was passed by about 50 percent.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

Falcon84

RE: One Of Funniest, Ballsiest Signs I've Ever Seen...

Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:10 pm

I think that's hysterical, man!  Laugh out loud

That's my kind of guy. ROTFL.
Work Right, Fly Hard

CanadianNorth

Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:25 pm

There is a sign at the bottom of 2 mile hill where the old Subaru dealer used to be on the corner by 2nd there that has in great big letters "Crackmasters" then in tiny print you can't even read from the road it says a bunch of stuff then at the bottom in big letters again it say "Authorized Dealer", So basically as you drive by you see what appears to say "Crackmasters Authorized Dealer".

Also the KFR one time had a sign that said something like "2 mamas for $7 now hiring"

CanadianNorth
What could possibly go wrong?

AzoresLover

Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:15 pm

On the main drag to the airport in Manila, there was a big billboard that completely cracked all of us up! Manila has horrendous traffic!! The billboard read:

"Even though you get pissed off in traffic, you can still be in control."

As you read further down, it was an advertisement for - Adult Diapers!!

That's the best (?) one I've ever seen!!

Several years ago there was a billboard on a hill on a road in West Virginia during the winter that read:

"If this sign isn't getting any closer, you're stuck. Get Goodrich tires."
Those who want to do something will find a way; those who don't will find an excuse.

L-188

Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:48 pm

For North Dakota that is a really ballsy sign.

Edit, almost as funny as the story I heard about the state fair down there when the put the Rastafarians and the Mennonites in the same booth.

[Edited 2004-11-07 06:50:14]
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

T prop

Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:46 pm

andz

Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:42 am

There is a billboard next to the highway near Johannesburg airport advertising a building supplies company, with a picture of the big bad wolf and the words...

"for erections that can stand a good blow"
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...

EGGD

Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:03 am

I like the picture of the anti-sexism rally with a man in the background holding a sign saying 'iron my shirt, bitch!' Big grin.

DeltaGuy

Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:37 am

Best altered sign ever....courtesy of some ballsey college kids...
"The cockpit, what is it?" "It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilot sits, but that's not importan

srbmod

RE: One Of Funniest, Ballsiest Signs I've Ever See

Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:22 am

I like the picture of the anti-sexism rally with a man in the background holding a sign saying 'iron my shirt, bitch!'

Ah yes, the infamous anti-Martha Burke protestor at the Masters last year. That guy at the time was the producer for one of the morning shows here in Atlanta. That was the most publicity he ever got for one of his stunts. Others included going into Home Depot and acting like he was using one of the display toilets (he got arrested for that one) and my favorite, went to a movie screening and the AJC was asking some of the people their opinion about the movie and he used the name "Haywood Jablowme" and it actually got printed in the AJC (Talk about letting one slip past the goalie). Not surprisingly, the AJC dropped that feature from their movie section.

I'll give the Anti-Measure One counterprotester an 11 for having a huge pair of brass balls.

KiwiNanday

Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:19 am

I support gay marraige, but that is the funniest thing I have seen in days! I'm doubled over! Thank you, JCS

Kiwi  Big thumbs up
Silly Islamic extremists, it's just a cartoon!

EA CO AS

Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:06 am

I still think this is the funniest unaltered sign I've ever seen, at this Money Exchange at the airport in Cancun:

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

DeltaGuy

Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:35 am

You mean...this one?

Ahhh, Feminism at it's best.
"The cockpit, what is it?" "It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilot sits, but that's not importan

racko

Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:42 am

"He could have just worn this T shirt. Big grin

http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product.php?productid=286&cat=&page=1&sku=a286
"

even funnier than the shirt is the text below: "up to 5XL in some colors" - talk about stereotypes  Big grin

jcs17

Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:48 am

Srb, who was that? Was it Southside Steve?
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

srbmod

Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:15 am

Srb, who was that? Was it Southside Steve?

While it sounds like something he'd do, it was Rich Shertenlieb, who used to produce The Morning X on 99X (Barnes left to do some acting in LA, and is now @ 92.9 Dave FM [the old Z93] hosting a morning show there, 99X's morning show is Toucher and Jimmy now [show really sucks]).

PJS800

Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:20 am

Great sign, too bad he didn't make it bigger than on notebook paper he would have really had balls.

Best sign I saw was on this restaurant called the Canal House, their sign is white with black letters and someone painted over the C making it anal House. Wish I had my camera with me for it.

PJ

N766UA

Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:17 pm

I'm alittle partial to this one myself:  Big thumbs up

This Website Censors Me