cba

Contrary To Popular Belief

Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:32 pm

The Democrats are not done for. The election was extremely close; Bush only managed to pull ahead by the skin of his teeth. The GOP managed to crawl ahead of Kerry by making the campaign about fear (terrorism) and wedge issues (gay marriage).

The pressure is now on the GOP. Sure they picked up a few extra seats in both houses, however this was predicted. They still do not have the 60 needed to break a filibuster, and Tom Delay is looking at severe ethics charges. With effective control of the White House and Capitol Hill, the pressure is now on the GOP to improve the country. If in 4 years, the country is still headed in the wrong direction, it will be only the GOP's fault.

Sure, the democrats have the odds against them right now, however things will change in 4 years. It is becoming more and more difficult for Bush to ride the 9/11 bandwagon. Iraq is only worsening, and Bush's presidency, while speaking about bipartisanship and change, will only bring more of the same thing.

L-188

RE: Contrary To Popular Belief

Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:43 pm

Most of those ethics charges where rigged by Democrats. Nancy Pelosi is herself under fire for spearheading a coordinated campagin to get rid of Delay and defame his good name.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

dmeeky243

Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:55 pm

Rigged ethics charges? I find it stunning that five Republicans on the committe would speak the TRUTH about his actions, in spite of his power as majority leader.
"I have a favorite dish, which tends to change daily depending on my mood, or whether I have a hangover, or whether it's

Klaus

Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:07 pm

I guess a domestic press and an opposition who put up at least a little more resistance than a dead cat might make a whole world of difference...  Nuts

The coma seems to have ended. Now let the games begin!  Big thumbs up

N771AN

Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:26 pm

Please STOP with the bold!!!!!

Klaus

N771AN

Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:33 pm

That should be: Please STOP with the bold!!!!!

And sorry, noBig grin

I hate "flat" speech in both aural and textual form.  Wink/being sarcastic
Although I don´t deny overdoing it ... once in a while...  Big thumbs up