BN747
Topic Author

Evidence Mounts: Vote Was Hacked

Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:54 pm

http://www.commondreams.org/views04/1106-30.htm

Hmmm... for those still scratching theit head and perplexed at how Team Dubya obtained a 3+ million vote lead of Team Kerry... the numbers may not be what they seem. Last week we saw the Ohio precinct of 638 registerd votes magically yield 4200+ votes for Bush. And the faulty Youngstown, Ohio voting machinces swapping votes. A couple anomalies??? Doesn't seem like it...

Evidence Mounts that the Vote Was Hacked
By Thom Hartmann
CommonDreams.org

Saturday 06 November 2004

When I spoke with Jeff Fisher this morning (Saturday, November 06,
2004), the Democratic candidate for the U.S. House of
Representatives from Florida's 16th District said he was waiting for
the FBI to show up. Fisher has evidence, he says, not only that the
Florida election was hacked, but of who hacked it and how. And not
just this year, he said, but that these same people had previously
hacked the Democratic primary race in 2002 so that Jeb Bush would
not have to run against Janet Reno, who presented a real threat to
Jeb, but instead against Bill McBride, who Jeb beat.

"It was practice for a national effort," Fisher told me.

And some believe evidence is accumulating that the national effort
happened on November 2, 2004.

The State of Florida, for example, publishes a county-by-county
record of votes cast and people registered to vote by party
affiliation. Net denizen Kathy Dopp compiled the official state
information into a table, available at
http://ustogether.org/Florida_Election.htm, and noticed something
startling.

While the heavily scrutinized touch-screen voting machines seemed
to produce results in which the registered Democrat/Republican
ratios largely matched the Kerry/Bush vote, in Florida's counties
using results from optically scanned paper ballots - fed into a
central tabulator PC and thus vulnerable to hacking - the results
seem to contain substantial anomalies.

In Baker County, for example, with 12,887 registered voters, 69.3%
of them Democrats and 24.3% of them Republicans, the vote was only
2,180 for Kerry and 7,738 for Bush, the opposite of what is seen
everywhere else in the country where registered Democrats largely
voted for Kerry.

In Dixie County, with 4,988 registered voters, 77.5% of them
Democrats and a mere 15% registered as Republicans, only 1,959
people voted for Kerry, but 4,433 voted for Bush.

The pattern repeats over and over again - but only in the counties
where optical scanners were used. Franklin County, 77.3% registered
Democrats, went 58.5% for Bush. Holmes County, 72.7% registered
Democrats, went 77.25% for Bush.

Yep sounds like a 'mandate' to me... a mandate to steal. Just when you think voter fraud cases would subside.. it grows exponentially! I guess since no one really did anything or didn't get seriously mad with voter tinkering in 2000... why not do it again in 2004.. but do it on such a large scale... no one would believe it to be possible.

Okay, righties, go ahead and bitch about how you don't want hear about this..
but remember you guys are the ones always up in arms about doing the right thing 'saving the Iraqi people...' care to come to the aid of some americans who are getting cheated at the ballot box? Or does that not raise to threshold of concern re: justice?

BN747

"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

ConcordeBoy

RE: Evidence Mounts: Vote Was Hacked

Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:00 pm

Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

L-188

Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:03 pm

I can honestly say that I am glad that your mental state hasn't fallen to the level of that guy in the World Trade Center.

That said, it still isn't healthy.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

B747-437B

Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:22 pm

With all due respect, the numbers you provided are merely representative of the fact that Democratic voters were not satisfied with John Kerry's candidacy and instead chose to cast their votes in favor of re-electing the president.

If anything, the Democratic party should try to figure out what they did to alienate these voters rather than point fingers at everyone else and claim the election was rigged.
"The A340-300 may boast a long range, but the A340 is underpowered" -- Robert Milton, CEO - Air Canada

jcs17

Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:34 pm

I can honestly say that I am glad that your mental state hasn't fallen to the level of that guy in the World Trade Center.

I can honestly say, I'm not. The less of these liberal nut-jobs we have in the world, the better off we'll all be. Dude, you've got problems. Ever consider that the voters agreed with the positions of GW Bush more than John Kerry? I know, I know...its crazy, but the majority of Americans don't like the idea of high taxes and falling in line with France when it comes to foreign policy.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

BN747
Topic Author

Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:08 pm

Jcs17:
I can honestly say, I'm not. The less of these liberal nut-jobs we have in the world, the better off we'll all be. Dude, you've got problems. Ever consider that the voters agreed with the positions of GW Bush more than John Kerry? I know, I know...its crazy, but the majority of Americans don't like the idea of high taxes and falling in line with France when it comes to foreign policy.

L-188:

That said, it still isn't healthy.

and Concordeboy...

I know threads like this throw off your rythym while you guys are 'still' jerking off to Bush's victory... but when you guys come back down to earth... address the issue.. at least make a feeble effort instead of the same tired weak-ass comments (above). Except you L-188.. we already know you've breached rubicon...

BN747

[Edited 2004-11-08 09:11:07]
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

L-188

Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:20 pm

Geeze, see if I give you an olive branch to grab again.

OYRJA

Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:25 pm

C'mone guys.  Laugh out loud

I thought the election was over. And Kerry has conceded already. There is nothing more to be done about that now. We just have to accept it and get forward with our lifes.

I understand your point of view BN747, but look at the bright side. You only have to live with the guy for 4 years more  Big grin

DLKAPA

Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:31 pm

JCS, the more I read your posts, the more I believe that you are a Nazi.

Geeze, see if I give you an olive branch to grab again.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight  Insane
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

BN747
Topic Author

Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:14 pm

True OYRJA.. four previous years didn't kill us... well some of us anyway. So four more should leave some of us standing. DLKAPA.. it was greatly anticipated that Jcs17, L-188, & concordboy would respond they way they did... and they did not fail us. No need sink to their level..we know very well where they stand. I'm just simply trying to get their take on these 'election anamolies'..and thus far they've been... well.. speechless.. at a loss of words on the subject.

Which in itself is quite alarming... if my guy won under some very suspicious circumstances, I'd want to know more about it because it becomes telling... if he'll indulge or condone such activity..then there's no telling what he's capable of. I, for one could not sit well if, Kerry won on such shady shenanigans. By being silent on the issue invites more and more people to say 'Fuck it.. my vote really doesn't count, because it's not protected and one guy or the other will just steal it'.. if we don't look into this (will we ever?).. regardless, it's certainly bound to come back and haunt us in the worse possible way.

..and L-188 an 'olive branch??? Read your post again.. it comes of like half 'the finger' than any kind of olive branch... What on earth would I need an olive branch from you for anyway? I don't even know you.

BN747

L-188

Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:18 pm

Just remember I wasn't the one that wished you dead.

Q330

Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:02 pm

Don't bury your heads in the sand guys, the evidence is there. You may not want to hear it but it is well known that the electronic voting machines are a piece of cake to hack. I think there will only be more evidence emerging as time goes on.

Even though you guys support Bush, you should not stand for this sort of stuff. You say we should "stop crying and deal with the defeat"? You start to sound weak if you can't face up to the fact that your candidate just may have won the election by downright illegal means.

It's too late to do anything about this election, but if we want to set this right for next election we'd better tackle the problem right now.

-Q
Long live the A330!

N766UA

Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:01 pm

Wow I thought we were gunna avoid this topic but.... eh... proves some people never grow up I guess. BTW, "doing the right thing" doesn't mean pushing BS opinions around.
This Website Censors Me

Klaus

Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:24 pm

Due to the crazy decision to employ machines without any way of verification of the vote, doubts will automatically arise, and short of a complete forensic analysis of the voting machines there is no way to dispel those doubts.

So an analysis is simply necessary. If it turns out there were no significant discrepancies - all the better.

And next time use machines with a paper trail as other countries have long known and done.

kaddyuk

Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:52 pm

Im supprised it took this long for the mud to start flying...
Whoever said "laughter is the best medicine" never had Gonorrhea

galaxy5

Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:59 pm

Um yeah, just another way for some on here to make themselves feel better about the Loss/Victory. So are you gonna spout the same old "the election was stolen" for another 4 years. Here's an idea, face reality.
"damn, I didnt know prince could Ball like that" - Charlie Murphy

JGPH1A

Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:13 pm

I'm not saying the vote was hacked, but its a pretty sad indictment of the process and the protagonists if this scenario can

a) be possible at all
b) be given credence - regardless of what the facts prove, people are willing to believe that it could happen, and can identify parties they suspect of involvment.

It's pretty sleazy when you think about it.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

csavel

Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:30 pm

I'm not so sure that this vote was hacked, I think a lot of Dems, especially in the South *did* vote for Bush, but as Klaus points out, without a verifiable paper trail, one can never put to rest conspiracy theories.

And before the righties on this board take me to task, I believe it is *everybody's* best interest to have verifiable paper trails. And a thought experiment

What if Walter O Dell said he was "committed to delivering Ohio's electoral votes to Hillary Clinton" and you had e-voting machines and optical scanner counters made by his company? And what if the exit polls showed a similar difference between the final vote tally in Hil's favor? Can you imagine what Rush's show would be like the next day? And he'd be right.

Again, I don't believe the hacked vote in this election, but since the counting is in secret, and you get no receipt, this is going to come up again and again.
I may be ugly. I may be an American. But don't call me an ugly American.

airplay

Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:54 pm

The less of these liberal nut-jobs we have in the world, the better off we'll all be.

Conservatives never commit suicide. They don't have to. They just wait until they are dispatched to Iraq. Then friendly fire and combat will help evolution along. I wonder if "the draft" was what Darwin was thinking of when he coined the phrase "natural selection".

(Yes...I know nobody has been drafted for this war....yet)

dl021

Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:37 pm

ok...first thing...I think that BN747 and his ilk are looking for a way to justify to themselves how it is not their fault the dems lost.

That said, I do not like the touch screen machines, as there is no way to verify anything. I mentioned to another poster (jonathon or fred) on IM that I would not be terribly surprised to see an 18 year old Russian hacker arrested for manipulating the election electronically. I was exaggerating, but the paper ballots allow for better paper trails. Unless you figure out how to stuff ballot boxes which has always been suspected by someone in every close election, usually the losers.

This said, lets remember that when the machines in Philadelphia were brought out they seemed to already have thousands ov votes registered on them. There was an explanation, but that fact was ignored by the dems in favor of mentioning the problems in Ohio.

Of course you don't see BN747 mentioning the counties in Ohio where there were more registered voters than eligible citizens.....

There must be trust in the system, and for the great part I believe our voting system works well and should be trusted. Where there is fraud, it should be rooted out, but if BN747 does not think that the Democrat lawyers who swarmed into Ohio last Tuesday night to reinforce the ones already there did not explore that possibility he is smoking too many illicit pharmeceuticals.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

Boeing7E7

Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:57 pm

jaysit

Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:17 am

If the vote was hacked, then the Dems should have taken that into account especially after Florida 2000 (where the evidence of foul play was far more incriminating than anything in 2004).

You can't play in a mudpit and then accuse the other guy of throwing mud at you. You either play dirty or get out.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

clrd2go

Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:36 am

What a long strange trip it's been

aa61hvy

Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:42 am

You can whine all you want about conspiracy theories and pay offs and all that garbage, but do you think your constant whining is going to change the election results? In the scheme of things you need to realize your complaints are going to go unanswered, and that you look very foolish by posting this kind of stuff.
Go big or go home

BN747
Topic Author

Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:23 am

Okay.. now L-188.. you want explain exactly WTF this means???

You can whine all you want about conspiracy theories and pay offs and all that garbage,

Pay offs??? Theories??? What the hell thread are you reading? The cited cases so far are factual. And just where are you getting payoffs from all this? Dude .. clean you monitor.. you're reading shit that isn't here.

BN747

N6376M

Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:40 am

OYRJA

Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:41 am

This is really starting to get far out now. WTF is wrong with you people??
This whole thread should be deleted. And people who wishes other people dead has absolutly nothing to do in here. That is totally disgusting!

N6376M

Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:02 am

At the end of the day the problem is a lot more difficult to solve because of the overlap of power between the states and the federal government.

The federal government cannot mandate that a state use any specific voting method. For Christ sake, Ohio stuck with punch cards 4 years after FL in 68 of 88 counties.

I'm of the school of thought that the optical scan ballot is the best solution. It allow for immediate counting of votes (by 8:00PM on election night Alachua county had 99% of the precincts reporting and counted) and it keeps a paper record in case a manual recount is necessary. Furthermore, the optical scan ballot box immediately rejects overvotes (it spits out the ballot while the voter is still there) allowing the voter to correct any error.

But until someone figures out a way to constitutionally require every state to use this voting method, we'll continue to have problems. Yet even if you fix this, you'll still have the potential for fraud in absentee votes, illegal registrations, people voting for others. We will never have a 100% perfect election. We've got to come up with some statistically acceptable error rate and then accept that.

MaverickM11

Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:13 am

The Democrats lost to a marginal President, deal with it. Fix your party and quit bitching.

Also I seem to rember a certain someone cussing me out because I called Jesse Jackson a thief and a crook and then he rambled on that Mr. Jackson needed to be a crook in today's society in order to get anywhere. So perhaps Bush was just following Jackson's lead?

[Edited 2004-11-08 20:20:10]
E pur si muove -Galileo

cwapilot

Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:36 am

If some obscure website posted stories about Bush's cabinet performing the ritual sacrifice of goats on the North Lawn of the White House, the same people who believe this BS out of hand would be posting with the same amount of vehemence that the goat thing is true...and that someone has pictures...and that if you don't believe it, you are just a right wing nutjob. Methinks some people have a hard time losing, and have a really hard time being out of power. Get over it...get a life...get away from your keyboard for a couple days...take a breath...maybe have a cocktail or two and relax.
Southside Irish...our two teams are the White Sox and whoever plays the Cubs!

cwapilot

Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:43 am

WOW...just read the "About Us" section of the site the article came from. It is interesting that the same people who piss and moan about the bias of Fox News would take a source like this at face value, given that they STATE their bias with no trepidation at all...the ole double standard.
Southside Irish...our two teams are the White Sox and whoever plays the Cubs!

Alias1024

Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:33 am

Since I had some time, I looked into this stuff on the florida department of state website. Basically, the article is accurate. The only exception is that they put the wrong number of registered voters for Dixie county, but when the correct number is used, their percentage of registered democrats and republicans is accurate.

Throughout Florida, there were 25 counties like Baker and Dixie county, where the democrats had a large registration lead, but Bush still won by large amounts. Just as the article says, all these counties used optical scan voting.

What the article didn't say is that most of these counties are rural areas in the panhandle and north Florida, usually near the Georgia border. The rest are around lake okeechobee. These are areas that by most accounts are fairly conservative.

Just thought I'd try to bring some clarity to the issue Smile/happy/getting dizzy
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.

CaptOveur

Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:45 am

Upon hearing this news BN747 and DLKAPA were seen celebrating. An A.net spotter quickly snapped this picture.

So we get 4 years of reading crap like this, when is a reputable source, like CBS, going to come out with this article Big grin
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

airplay

Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:19 am

Bush's cabinet performing the ritual sacrifice of goats on the North Lawn of the White House

I know its hard to believe but my source, A.net is quite reputable. Here's a link to the story:

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/non_aviation/read.main/672484/

aa61hvy

Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:36 am

I think BN has a big FAT case of denial. I have something that cures that. A nice glass of shut up with a side of get over it.
Go big or go home

Falcon84

Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:42 am

First it was "Bush stole the election in '00" (If anyone did it was the USSC), and now it's "The election was rigged."

Guys, I don't like the fact Bush won, but for Christ sake, give this stuff up. It's over. Bush won, fair and square. This is really ridiculous.
Work Right, Fly Hard

LY744

Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:18 am

Take it easy on BN747. Considering the incredible amount of anti-Bush retoric we've been exposed to in the past couple of years, I myself was amazed to see Dubya keep up with Kerry, let alone win! I guess the U.S. liberals are just a vocal minority. Very vocal.

LY744.
Pacifism only works if EVERYBODY practices it

Nancy

Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:47 am

If those numbers are accurate, they certainly do not match the exit polls of Democrats and Republicans in Florida. http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/states/FL/P/00/epolls.0.html If there was any fraud on either side the person or people who did need to be thrown in prison.

BN747
Topic Author

Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:25 pm

I like it that the 'LOSERS' on the winning team continue to personally attack me and others who post similar and recently disclosed reports of voter fraud instead of checking into the story or offering up a reasonable retort. It shows them to be exactly what we've suspected all along.. the ultimate in hypocracy!

They'll shout you down that the US is right to send our soldiers to die and get one man while saving the Iraqi citizens.

But the right of disenfranchised voters (american disenfranchised voters) is not only worth fighting four..it nonetheless is not even worthy of discussion. It's like someone ripping your dad's ballot up in his face and say ' your vote don't mean squat'...
...and the best.. the absolute BEST they can do is bitch at the person relaying the message. If any of these FRAUDS say they'll defend your right 'to free speech'... don't believe them for a second.. their above post show that they can't be belived for a NY second. They won't defend shit unless it involves them up close and personally. And then it'll be too little too late.

Guys, I don't like the fact Bush won, but for Christ sake, give this stuff up. It's over. Bush won, fair and square. This is really ridiculous.

And that shows you just how gullible you are.. there is no fair and square in this or any other with such high stakes..esp. the political business.. if Kerry had won and the same charges (with proof) would warrant and immediate investigation! And yes everybody's vote had better start counting or it won't belong for everyone or damn near everyone says take your 'political process' and shove it. You'll have no argument against voter apathy or voter complacency... your ignoring these situations right now is sending a message loud and clear to possible participants (esp. the young) of next election a message... 'why bother?' You think just like you.. they'll forget, I'm sorry.. but they won't. Just what is it you want the next generation to believe in.. 'shut up and get over it?' ..yeah great example, great policy.

BN747

L-188

Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:28 pm

I think Nancy showed pretty conclusively that at least in Florida, the exit polls match up pretty well to the final result.

If there where a wide difference, then BN747's arguement would have some more validity

Falcon84

Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:34 pm

And that shows you just how gullible you are..

Gullible? How the hell am I gullible? I see a left-wing publication putting out some numbers. Big deal. Who is more gullible? Me, for taking what they say with a healthy grain of salt, or you, for buying it simply because Bush won.

Listen, friend, I don't like Bush either. I've been as vocal opponent of him as anyone on this fourm, but enough is enough, OK?

If there is real evidence, and it come to light, then fine, but I doubt this stuff, and I don't see a problem with that.

And if Jeb Bush were stupid enough to try this, he would end up in prison for a long, long time, and the whole election process called into serious question. I don't think that happened, nor is it likely.

And, maybe I should ask the honorable members, what do you think WOULD happen if it were found out there was massive voter fraud in Florida? What would happen to Gov. Bush? What would happen if this DID affect the outcome in Florida?

I do not think it did, but what would be the effects in Florida, and nationwide?
Work Right, Fly Hard

N6376M

Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:43 pm

airplay

Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:50 pm

I really don't think there was any voter fraud. I've already consigned myself to the fact that more Americans are dumb than smart...

PPGMD

Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:55 pm

I can instantly tell that this article is crap based on this sentence:

...same people had previously
hacked the Democratic primary race in 2002 so that Jeb Bush would
not have to run against Janet Reno, who presented a real threat to
Jeb, but instead against Bill McBride, who Jeb beat.

Reno would have taken a severe pounding from Jeb, McBride is the one that Republicans saw as a threat since he wasn't despised by the Cuban community like Reno is.
At worst, you screw up and die.

commander_rabb

Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:01 pm

Boy I love that Official Seal!

While you take the time to figure out just why Bush won, you can also go and cry to the Hollywood idiots that just "don't get it" too. Fraud? They are the true "fraud".

You lost in 2000. You lost in 2004.

The word is L O S T.

Now we move on to......?

BN747
Topic Author

Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:06 pm

And if Jeb Bush were stupid enough to try this, he would end up in prison for a long, long time, and the whole election process called into serious question. I don't think that happened, nor is it likely.

And, maybe I should ask the honorable members, what do you think WOULD happen if it were found out there was massive voter fraud in Florida? What would happen to Gov. Bush? What would happen if this DID affect the outcome in Florida?

I do not think it did, but what would be the effects in Florida, and nationwide?

You just proved the gullibility charge right there... Neil Bush and Charles Keating were both guilty of the same offense... securities fraud..Neil in Colorado S&L (several hundred million) and Keating in Arizona... and who went to Jail??? Keating & Co.... Neil quietly slips (pops was prez at the time) away only turn up years later in Beijing with a hooker and a case of herpes. I don't know if Keating would have preferred that.. but I'm sure jail wasn't that much fun either. Jeb will go jail..boy what are you smoking??? Even if he did.. he'd get a pardon before the gavel hit the bench.

Now back to thread... and no sober replies yet... (from the RWAKs) anyway.

BN747

N6376M

Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:09 pm

BN747 - nice story. Perhaps you could make it into a movie of the week for the WB, you being a high powered television consultant and all that.

commander_rabb

Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:14 pm

Perhaps you could make it into a movie of the week for the WB, you being a high powered television consultant and all that.

Another poorly rated show? Nah... we just had almost a year of Kerry on the tube.

Enough already!

Americans who have the remote voted wisely!

LOL Smile

BN747
Topic Author

Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:33 pm

While you take the time to figure out just why Bush won, you can also go and cry to the Hollywood idiots that just "don't get it" too. Fraud? They are the true "fraud".

You lost in 2000. You lost in 2004.

The word is L O S T
BN747 - nice story. Perhaps you could make it into a movie of the week for the WB, you being a high powered television consultant and all that.

Yes N6376m.. we lost, but losing out here in good old sunny plush Southern California somehow doesn't carry the dreary pall that hangs over the rest of the nation and wherever it is you live. Yes, even losing 'out here' feels pretty damn good and the job is still a pleasure to go to and yes, it's still good and getting better (there will be no downsizing/outsourcing here). Lost in 2000 and lost in 2004... and yet I feel like I'm just keep winning...life just sucks doesn't it...here's to ya'... and here's to me spending the next Four 4th of Julys abroad...

Now back to the thread... it's a shame the best RWAK semi-serious reply coughed up yet is from nutty ol' L-188... the rest are still shooting spitballs...jeez

BN747

[Edited 2004-11-09 05:45:36]

wgw2707

Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:34 pm

I'd say the notion of the election results being "hacked" is absurd, to say the least. The counting of the ballots is done under strict controls, and is generally transparent. I believe that many vote tabulation facilities have galleries or facilities for public and media viewing of the process. The computers that read the votes I would guess are extremely simple affairs, since the punchcard system is basically, at best, 1970s technology. I've seen footage of an elections facility in Oregon using the punchcard machine, and their equipment was an electro-mechanical contraption that looked like the only way you could hack it would be to actually open it up and redo the circuitry...

A far easier way to hack the election is to manually "edit" punch-card ballots, by using a stylus to pop out chads where no selection has been indicated, or alternately to feed blank ballots into the system. Fortunately, that method has become virtually impossible with tighter crack-downs and more careful regulation of tabulation facilities.

Now don't get me wrong here-voter fraud does happen, and I've actually seen videos of the chad-punching activity in progress at an elections office in Oregon, but increasing efforts are being made to control it.

In the Florida case, it seems highly unlikely that any voter fraud occured. While many rural parts of Florida are heavily Democratic, these tend to be highly conservative "Zell Miller Democrats" or "Southern Democrats" who do not generally subscribe to the far-leftist doctrine that the DNC has come to stand for. Bearing that in mind, the logic of saying "these results were hacked" for those districts becomes less sound. Finally, when you factor in the extremely close scrutiny the Florida elections process came under since the 2000 mess, the actual likelihood of someone being able to hack the tabulation computers seems extremely slim.

-WGW2707