Danny
Topic Author

Dudek's Future At Liverpool

Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:55 pm

I wonder what is English guys opinion on that. For sure British press push Kirkland because he's English and they hope he's going to become National team goalkeeper. However his performance is no more than average.
In terms of stats he's actually the worst goalkeeper in Premiership (saves only 50% of shots on goal).
On the other side Dudek had absolutely amazing performance in France - Poland game which came to attention of Benitez. Do you guys think he can take the place in the first team again or will be leaving Liverpool in the winter?

ryanb741

RE: Dudek's Future At Liverpool

Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:03 am

Kirkland being English has no bearing on it whatsoever, Dudek has made some terrible mistakes in the past. Personally, I think Liverpool have 2 excellent goalkeepers and Dudek will probably leave - I wouldn't be surprised to see Man Utd buy him
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

Danny
Topic Author

Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:17 am

The mistakes were long time ago and he seems to be in great form again.

Rumors rather indicate Arsenal than Man U. Arsen Wenger was present at France - Poland game. After the match he said he was very imressed with Dudek's "exceptional performance" but when asked about possible transfer he smiled and answered "no comment".

Thom@s

Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:45 am

I don't understand why Man U are looking for another goalkeeper... They have Tim Howard, one of the best in the world. And when he doesn't play because Fergie prefers Roy Carrol, that only tells me they have two VERY talented goallies. I think United should invest in something for the defence if anything...

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

gkirk

Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:55 am

The number of blunders Howard has made is unreal  Wow!
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

FLYtoEGCC

Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:20 am

I think Roy Carroll is United's best choice for the moment. There's no doubt he's a talented keeper but whether he's the answer long-term remains to be seen. I'm not a fan of Tim Howard (well, I'm not a fan of any United player really because I support City), he's a little bit erratic and, as has been pointed out, is prone to making some very dodgy mistakes, not unlike a certain Mr. James from time to time.

Regarding the topic, I don't think Kirkland is playing to his best at the moment. He's had various injury problems as we all know, and once he's fully fit and back to his best I think we'll all see what a world class keeper he is. Dudek is also good, but when they're both at their best I think Kirkland is the better of the two. Dudek is too good to be a number two, and for that reason I think he'll leave, but not until next summer. I doubt he'll go to United, although it's not impossible.
Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away...