Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Sabena332
Topic Author

Help Me To Choose Alloy Rims For My New Car

Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:52 am

Hi all,

my parents told me last week that I need a new car, my current car is leased via my father's company but now it is time to get rid of it. Over the last weekend I could persuade my parents to go for a nice Mercedes SLK instead of an A-Class Big grin.

Now I have a rather big problem, I can't decide which alloy rims I should take, actually I like all of them. Which would you prefer? I have the choice between the following:

1. My least favorite of them:

2. Very nice but the most expensive off all:

3. The cheapest but they look very good in my opinion:

4. Also nice:

5. This one?:

Damn, all of them are nice! Which would you pick?

Thanks in advance!

Patrick

Edit: Typo

[Edited 2004-11-22 17:21:45]

UTA_flyinghigh

RE: Help Me To Choose Alloy Rims For My New Car

Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:55 am

Congrats with the new purchase, I am still with the Golf and the nasty Astrhaa.
Get these without any doubt :

UTA

DABZF

Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:28 am

I agree with UTA! Nbr 2.!

Sabena332
Topic Author

Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:29 am

Hi Will,

they are also my favorites but unfortunately they are the most expensive of them all  Sad. I have to make a new calculation now to see where I can save money.

Maybe I should choose a cheaper radio and pass on the sound system in favor of the rims  Confused. I will certainly not save on things like automatic or the xenon headlights.

Damn, buying an A-Class would be easier  Laugh out loud.

Patrick

Edit: DABZF, thanks also to you for the reply!

[Edited 2004-11-22 17:30:50]

BCAInfoSys

Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:48 am

No way! Go for number 3 or 4, and get a better sound system! I think less is more in most cases. I think way too many people are caught up trying to get the "bling-bling" because of this MTV-Crib's crap. I personally think the most stylish people are those that have a good looking car that is subtle and understated. Most of the people go over the top and over-do it.

So whatever you do, don't downgrade your stereo in favor of your rims, you'll regret it!!!! Go with number 4.

Steve

UAL747

Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:33 am

This....

...gets my vote. Personally, I think the greater diameter of the wheel, the better it looks. Low profile tires and big rims, ALWAYS!

UAL

Sabena332
Topic Author

Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:09 am

Steve is actually correct, I just decided for no. 3, they are the cheapest, they are good looking, and the car won't look "over the top", additionally I can order the car with all the optional equipment that I want and I don't have to save on the radio, sound system, etc.

And why should the rims get the main attention? The "ass" of this car is so sexy that it deserves the most attention  Big thumbs up.

Thanks for your help!

Patrick

andrej

Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:54 am

Hello Patrick,

I am very happy that you are getting a new SLK. Kudos to yours persuasion skills!!!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Are you leasing this car? If no, than I would go for number 5.

If yes, than I really do not believe that there is a need for new rims. Just get what the car came with. I am leasing a Toyota Corolla-S, I know it is out of your league, but the idea remains the same. I did not put anything into it. It already came with CD player, a good audio, nice rims (at least I think) etc... .

Why waste your money on something that you will have to give back in 4 years? Why not rather get a new Canon 20D with L glasses and have a nice trip to SXM?  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

I hope that you see my point, and if you are NOT leasing it, than go for Number 5.

Cheers,
Andrej

Sabena332
Topic Author

Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:20 am

Hello Andrej,

I am very happy that you are getting a new SLK. Kudos to yours persuasion skills!!!

Thanks Big grin. Actually my parents and I were very interested in the new Golf, but it is ridiculous overpriced (at least here in Germany). Then I suggested to look at a Mercedes dealer because one of my friends is driving the A-Class and he is very satisfied with it. So we went to this Mercedes guy and I immediately felt in love with the SLK! Furtunately I could persuade my parents during the last weekend  Big thumbs up.

This car is simply great, you have automatic but you can switch the gears from a hand-gear near the steering wheel, awesome!!!

Are you leasing this car?

Errr.... I don't know, my parents are responsible for the payment (fortunately  Laugh out loud). My father leased/bought also a new car for himself at the same car dealer, so I think he got special conditions, especially because the cars are officially leased/bought via his company.

I could never imagine that two old BMW freaks are becommng Mercedes drivers  Big thumbs up.

Why waste your money on something that you will have to give back in 4 years? Why not rather get a new Canon 20D with L glasses and have a nice trip to SXM?

It don't cost me anything (well, except the fuel), so why not? I am not interested in Aviation Photography (I only watch planes) and I am traveling enough, so a new car is welcome, especially when it comes so surprisingly like this time.

I never made a big deal about the car I am driving because there are a lot things which are more important, but this time I am really happy  Big thumbs up.

Patrick

[Edited 2004-11-23 03:24:32]

AA777

Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:25 pm

If I were you I would get a BMW. lol... but, barring a big change in your decision... I would definitley go for number four. They are the most simple, and simple always looks the nicest, you simply cant go wrong.

-AA777

flyingbronco05

Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:51 pm

Go to http://www.tirerack.com to see what they will look like on your car.

FB05

Sabena332
Topic Author

Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:56 pm

Too late for more suggestions, we ordered the car this morning and I chose these:

Patrick

gkirk

Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:01 am

You'll get arrested for speeding next you boy racer!  Acting devilish  Acting devilish

OYRJA

Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:03 am

Damn nice choice Patrick  Big thumbs up

Congrats with the new car. So when will you have your next trip to BSL and pick me up for a ride?  Big grin

Sabena332
Topic Author

Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:04 am

You'll get arrested for speeding next you boy racer!

Fortunately you can't get arrested for speeding here in Germany  Big thumbs up.

Patrick

Edit:

So when will you have your next trip to BSL and pick me up for a ride?

Several other people already asked for a ride, I think a taxi meter would be also a very useful feature Big grin.

[Edited 2004-11-23 16:07:59]

gkirk

Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:07 am

We'll see about that. I've just written to your President. Jacques Chirac  Big grin