whitehatter

The Great British Bog Paper Disaster

Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:23 am

And on a lighter note...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4032595.stm

If I didn't know it was November, I would have sworn this was an April Fools story! Apparently the new Charmin-style luxury toilet rolls are causing havoc with British plumbing!  Big thumbs up

(another strange post from the weird world of Whitehatter)
Lead me not into temptation, I can find my own way there...

skysurfer

RE: The Great British Bog Paper Disaster

Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:26 am

What a sh!tter!! I read that today on bbc.com and had quite a good chuckle, especially when i realized that the Andrex spokesperson was really serious with the reply about the study! lol
Just another BOG standard story from the media, but a funny one at that!  Smile

Cheers
In the dark you can't see ugly, but you can feel fat

FLYtoEGCC

Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:19 pm

The problem with cheap bog roll is that it rips your arse to shreds, which is why, generally, the only customers for it are pubs, clubs, schools and any other business needing to keep costs down.

The toilet paper manufacturing companies need to find a balance between comfort and strength. In my experience, you get one of two extremes; the first is the one mentioned in the BBC News article in which lavatories get blocked because the super-luxury paper just won't biodegrade; the second is the complete opposite, where the paper is so thin and rough it's like wiping your arse with sandpaper, which your fingers then go through while you're doing the wiping - not pleasant. In this day and age of modern technology, is it not possible to come up with a toilet tissue that is somewhere in between the two? Andrex is the best I've come across yet, but it's still not perfect.
Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away...

whitehatter

Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:29 pm

Bugger all wrong wi' newspaper

when I were a lad it were SanIzal or the Evening News. None of this fancy stuff...we only ever had posh bogroll when the family were coming to visit and it went back to the shop if they didn't use it

Logan22L

Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:20 am

Does anyone else find it ironic that a gas company has to unblock the loo? I hate Charmin and paper like that. Always end up with major paper dingleberries, or inevitably popping a finger through the wad and end up wiping my a$$ with my index finger; then I'm looking 'round for the f-ing soap. Gimme Scotts, and I can wipe with dignity (I know it sounds like I'm 5 years old, but I am actually a functioning adult - the Charmin thing really f*cks me up, though).

Logan
"The deeper you go, the higher you fly. The higher you fly, the deeper you go."

Catatonic

Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:10 am

I love posh bog roll, its like wiping your arse in your grannies quilt! And besides, it smears less so you dont have to use as much  Smile
Equally Cursed and Blessed.

ArmitageShanks

Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:47 am

This thread is awesome.

whitehatter

Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:37 am

The Aloe Vera one puzzles me.

What's the point? And who really wants to go round for the rest of the day with their arse smelling like a cactus?

Catatonic

Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:29 pm

Its all psychological if you ask me, if you have super posh bog roll its like telling visitors that you actually look after your toilet and enjoy being in there, and that you wont put up with floaters, shit pancakes, skid marks on the rim or klingons. Hence, people who have posh bog roll have cleaner toilets! Im sorry but it just creates the right impression. Cheap bogroll is an invitation to paint the toilet brown!
Equally Cursed and Blessed.

Logan22L

Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:47 pm

Alright, help out a septic here (hey, that's kinda appropriate for this thread!). What's the definition of "bog"? Obviously, I get the context, but...

Thanks,

Logan

gkirk

Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:51 pm

Logan, another word for bog = toilet or "The Throne"  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

Logan22L

Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:15 pm

Kirkie, I thought as much, but I wanted to be sure. BTW, for the asshole in your life who has everything:

Logan