UTA_flyinghigh

Fools Driving With Foglights At All Times! Rhaa!

Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:03 pm

This seems like the trademark of the foolish Dublin motorist; about one car in three has its front foglights on at all times, thus blinding fellow motorists.
Some bigger fools even have them on only in conjunction with the sidelights, but the worst are the ones with the rear foglight(s) on in clear weather ! Rhaa !
Does this behavior also aggravate you and can it be seen in your country ?

UTA
Fly to live, live to fly - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BMI Diamond Club Gold, Emirates Skywards

OYRJA

RE: Fools Driving With Foglights At All Times! Rhaa!

Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:06 pm

It happens very often in Denmark as well. Even if it's illegal.
But the car looks much cooler if you drive with fog lights. That is one of the reasons I do it  Big grin

alcregular

RE: Fools Driving With Foglights At All Times! Rha

Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:30 am

It happens all the time in Sunderland. Apparently its illegal to drive with fog lights on if its not foggy. I wish people wouldn't use them unless they need to cos they bloody blind me.
Why drive when you can fly?

UPS707

Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:36 am

And I thought I was the only one noticing this out in California. Nice to know the idiots are worldwide. I got bored in traffic on the way home from work one night and started counting how many of the cars equipped with foglights had them on and came up with about the same results.... about 40-45%. Maybe I'm missing something here and need to just start doing it myself although since my truck doesn't have foglights I'll just have to use my 100W Hella Driving Lights!  Big grin Seriously though, do foglights really help that much when there's no fog??? Come on people!

Continental

Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:36 am

Rhaa! Who cares? Rhaa!

avt007

Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:06 am

Count me in as an idiot then!  Big grin Although my van has daytime running lights as per Canadian law, I have my headlights and foglights on at all times when driving. Why, you ask? Safety. I want to be as visible as possible, and if that annoys people with a very low threshold of tolerance, too bad! As for annoying others, very soon after I got the van, I drove my 280z ahead of my wife in the van at night, and the foglights were not annoying at all. And you're not going to find any car where you sit lower than that. And yes, foglights do help when there is no fog. They help light up the ditches at night, useful when there are deer, coyotes, raccoons, dogs, kids, etc around here. As for blinding others, true foglights, when installed properly, cast a horizontal beam, no higher than the light itself, so they should not blind anyone. If this bothers you, it's time to get your blood pressure checked, UTA!  Big grin

DColeMAN

Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:08 am

You're a Boy Racer if you have your fog lights on even when they're not needed over here  Smokin cool

Dale
Topless Women Drink 4 Free

BR715-A1-30

Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:21 am

RHAA!!!, I don't have foglights on my car, but my sister's and mom's does... RHAA!!!, We use those all the time... But I just use my P.Ls. if anything.
Puhdiddle

avt007

Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:30 am

This habit of using lights all the time comes from a long time ago when I bought a Mini (the original, not the yuppy version). Right away I noticed everyone was cutting me off, and turning in front of me and generally not seeing that tiny box on wheels. Driving with the lights on made a big improvement. That, and a set of air horns to let them know I was there made life a bit safer. Ditto riding my motorcycle. Each one I owned had the best, brightest light, or lights I could get for it. It's just cheap life insurance.

DeltaGuy

Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:18 am

My Camaro has em right below the real headlights...not to sound like a tool, but the cars look a little cooler with them on in conjuncion with the headlights  Big grin But in all seriousness, they help a ton, and mine aren't aimed to nail other people's eyes...instead they light up a few degrees on either side of my field of vision, and are pretty low to the ground as is.

DeltaGuy
"The cockpit, what is it?" "It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilot sits, but that's not importan

L410Turbolet

Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:27 am

I hate it when people drive with fog lights, especially when it rains. Reflection of the lights from thw wet surface of the road is so annoying.

gigneil

RE: Fools Driving With Foglights At All Times! Rha

Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:03 am

Most American vehicles come with "driving lamps" not "fog lights" that are perfectly acceptable to have on in conjunction with your headlights.

Usually, fog lights are a yellowish color.

N

luisde8cd

Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:28 am

Count me in. My '98 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS looks awesome with its fog lights turned on. They dont aim high, so other people dont get blinded by them  Smile