Christmas Lights

Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:08 am

Just curious what everyone is doing for Christmas decorating.

We set up a giant tree made out of lights in the backyard, among putting the lighted reindeer out.

RE: Christmas Lights

Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:08 am

at this time, airline employees are busy setting up Christmas decorations at ticket counters and gate areas. (I hope they don't forget to decorate baggage offices, lol)

Airliners.net of the Future

Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:47 am

YAYERSsssss..........it's that time of year and Christmas lights are the best!!!!!!!  Big thumbs up

I currently live in an apartment but I decorate my balcony with as many lights as possible!!! Sure makes me get into the Christmas spirit!!!!! Big grin

I always have a real tree......ah the smell is so nice! It's worth picking up the needles by the end of the festive season.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Phyllis  Wink/being sarcastic

Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:50 am

Hmm, isnt it a bit early just yet???
But we always seemes to put up our decorations around the 13th of Dec when i was a kid, so ill be putting mine up then this year too..
I love Christmas lights.. they are so sweet.. so ill fill my room with them!!
BTW, the decorations in LHR are quite good this year.. not bad at all..

Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:27 am

My family has everything up by the first advent.

It really puts me in the spirit.

Where I live there is a street where a handful of families decorate their houses to great extents. Cars line up on this street for a long distance just to have a peek. It's quite a display.

Happy Holidays !!!

Andreas  Big thumbs up
I am so smart, i am so smart... S-M-R-T... i mean S-M-A-R-T

Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:38 pm

Ever since 1999 I have covered the family house from top to toe in christmas lights. Just seeing the little kids faces when they see the lights just makes it even more worth while Smile We even get the local rest home and hospital bus coming to look at the lights. Every year our display just gets bigger and bigger. I'm glad that I don't pay the power bill, cause I would hate to know what the power bill is
Head Forum Moderator
moderators@airliners.net for all Moderator contact

Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:08 pm

There is a house abou 1km down the road that won the best decorated house in NZ. People stop in the middle of the main road just to have a look, it is an attraction in itself. And guess what, the cops stop too have a look as well instead of telling people to stop blocking the road !!!

Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:22 pm

There is a neighborhood in Arlington, TX that goes all out each year to make a dazzling display of lights. Every house is lit up in a certain theme. People drive from all over to go through the streets of this subdivision. Some of the people even give out popcorn and drinks to the "tourists".

Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:59 am

I think I might know this neighborhood in Arlington. I used to date a guy whose dad was an AA pilot and they lived in a neighborhood that was sooooooo decorated with the most fantastic lights ever!!!! Tour buses used to come thru this place it was so impressive. I remember one of the houses had a rather large AA 727 mounted ontop the roof pulling santas sleigh!!! Oooooh how I loved that house!  Smile

I believe I can fly.....

Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:33 am

YooYoo, I'll have to watch for your lights next time I fly over in the evening!! Who knows, maybe I'll drop a Timmy's for ya!!! haha  Big thumbs up

Phyllis  Wink/being sarcastic

Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:50 am

Some houses here have had the lights up for about 2 Weeks now. The local paper has a competition to see which house is the best. It always seems to be those on benefits who have the most lights, and more bulbs than Las Vegas on their house. I'd love to know how they can afford the bulbs, nevermind the electricity bills.
Why drive when you can fly?

Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:20 pm

maybe tommorow i'll buy my christmas tree  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

If it's not Boeing, I ain't Going!