Thom@s

RE: Schoolgirl Bullied By 40 Girls

Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:46 am

It's a cruel world. We had a case here in Norway a year back or so where 20 girls bullied and sexually abused another school girl...

A cruel world...

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

avt007

Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:50 am

In our area there was a famous case not long ago where it did turn to murder. My wife works at the school my daughter attends, and even at a young age, girls can be far more cruel, emotionally and physically, than boys. I completely support the decision to suspend those students.

ScarletHarlot

Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:53 am

Avt007 - Reena Virk, in Victoria? That was such a shocking and sad event.

Yes, girls can be very terrible to each other. I've been there and it can really be miserable. Girls are total bitches from about 11 to 15.
But that was when I ruled the world

safety1

Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:24 am

I just listened to a couple of the girls doing a radio interview, they were both complaining about being suspended!!.

I think the school head has stood her ground and taken a very firm and hard line with this type of outrageous behaviour. Lets hope they all learn their lesson, I wonder what will happen to the girl that was bullied though?

Safety 1

Capital146

Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:00 am

Truly sickening. Teenagers can be horrifyingly cruel (girls and boys). Hope the victim can move on from this in time and progress to live a happy adult life.

Like a fine wine, one gets better with age.

cedarjet

Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:14 am

I feel so bad for the victim. I was sort of eccentric at school, more into playing the piano and reading about planes than sport and alcohol etc. The school I was at was a bit posh and my fellow pupils lacked imagination, clearly, cos I was sort of bullied but barely (I think if it had been a really posh school, it would have been a different story - those future captains of industry would have beaten the shit out of me, wot-oh!). I am really stretching the definition of the word 'bullied'. But I guess it was enough to know what it's like, and the idea of forty other kids going for you, boy oh boy. Poor thing. It must be one of the worst things about being a parent as well, cos you can help in most situations, but when your offspring is being bullied, it's much harder to help (or even know about it?). Hey ho, it is indeed a cruel world.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

57AZ

Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:46 am

Sounds like a terrible situation. While the school has stood its ground, if the charges that the victim was punched and kicked are true, those actions fall under criminal assault. I'm not familiar with the laws in the UK but here, there would be criminal prosecution of the individuals involved in addition to whatever sanctions the school decides to take. Best way to teach them their lesson would probably be to let a judge deal with the perpetrators.
"When a man runs on railroads over half of his lifetime he is fit for nothing else-and at times he don't know that."

777ER
Crew

Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:49 pm

After reading the news report, the 40 odd girls deserve to get banned from the school, getting suspended for the rest of the week is just a joke, considering the hell that they put the victim throu.

We had a case here in Norway a year back or so where 20 girls bullied and sexually abused another school girl Do you know that happened to the 20 girls Thom@s? Well the victim is this case has sadly had the rest of her child hood/teenage years stolen from her.
Head Forum Moderator
moderators@airliners.net for all Moderator contact

ZKSUJ

Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:01 pm

That is sick. What would make 14 and 15 year old girls behave in this way?

57AZ

Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:06 am

Unfortunately, it's the world we live in today. Peer pressure from the minute the kid is born and often pressure from Mom and Dad to achieve the dreams they never did. Overall, it's the desire to be on top no matter the cost and vanity. A good example of this is the children's pageants and the amount of money wasted on them. Getting back to the tragic incident, I know that had that happened in Arizona, the students would all face heavier penalties than those mentioned. The leaders of the gang would be expelled for sure. Other participants would face long terms of suspension at the least and they would all most likely face criminal prosecution, probably in adult court on charges of assault. Terrible.
"When a man runs on railroads over half of his lifetime he is fit for nothing else-and at times he don't know that."

yyz717

Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:17 am

Avt007 - Reena Virk, in Victoria? That was such a shocking and sad event.

Ya, that was news here in Toronto also.

There are 2 problems:
1. Parents who improperly raise their daughters that somehow encourages bullying.
2. Parents raising other girls with so little self confidence that they will not stand up to bullies.

I'm not sure which set of parents is worse.

I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

ScarletHarlot

Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:53 am

57AZ, I don't agree. It's no different today than it was years ago except perhaps for the severity. I was bullied. My mom was bullied in the 1930s. Shit like this happens all the time and has for decades.

Read "Reviving Opehelia" or "Queen Bees and Wannabees" for a professional opinion on how girls treat each other and why. Both are excellent books.
But that was when I ruled the world

flyboy36y

Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:04 am

I certainly feel that any students who physically "punched or kicked" this girl should be permanently expelled from school and criminal charges brought against them if the victim suffered any damage.

UN_B732

Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:52 am

I concur. Suspension is too "softy-wofty". Knowing the US like I do (well I think I still live there, haven't gotten my Elbonian visa yet) I say Expulsion for at least some of these nasty, vile people. expulsion! expulsion! expulsion! is the first thought that came through my mind after reading this thread
I think Civil Litigation could provide the parents with monetary issues, which would lead to direct action to be taken against these girls..
-MR. X
What now?

Thom@s

Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:48 pm

777ER, the two or three "leaders" in this group were punished somehow, I don't remember the details... The others were most likely given a slap on the wrist or something. System doesn't work...

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

kaddyuk

Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:42 pm

As a victim of the British School System, i was bullied throughout my school life...

From when I was 5 till I was 16. I endured 11 years of schooling hell.

The school system in the UK is appauling when it comes to controlling kids. Pupils know the boundaries that teachers face when it comes to punishments and use them against teachers...

I know a teacher who was suspended for throwing a pupil across a classroom... Becuase the pupil was hitting him with a CHAIR!... I belive that if a teacher is ever struck physically by a pupil, they are well within their rights to react back with physical action...
Whoever said "laughter is the best medicine" never had Gonorrhea