keno

Miss World Turned Eurovision-Style Voting

Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:50 pm

First of all, congratulations to Peru for winning the title of Miss World 2004 last night. She's a real stunner  Love. I would be equally happy if the runner-up, Miss Dominican Republic got the title.

What do you think of the new format of global voting? I personally think it's not really a good idea as the winner of this voting would only qualify as "Miss Photogenic" and not the real thing. I believe the vote was mostly done via sms and internet voting, before the actual event took place.

If you see the results for individual countries e.g. Brazil, the #1 choice was surprise surprise, Miss Brazil, followed by most of other Latin American nations (all very deserving, of course!). The same goes to Russia : Miss Russia was #1 followed by Ukraine, Moldova etc. China voted for their own country and other Chinese participants i.e. Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong and Singapore. Europeans are most likely to vote among themselves too (wink wink, Eurovision all over again). So how does African nations stand a chance, where mobile phone usage is low, and internet access is even worse. I was surprised how Miss Nigeria could make it to the final with this new system (no offence intended).

I wonder if the same format continues next year. I think it's a bad idea. Any takes?

solnabo

RE: Miss World Turned Eurovision-Style Voting

Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:58 pm

Does anyone watch this boring show these days??

Go downtown and you´ll see more beautiful girls than Ms World...

Micke//SE  Big thumbs up
Airbus SAS - Love them both

Thom@s

RE: Miss World Turned Eurovision-Style Voting

Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:14 pm

Looks like a failed clone attempt resulting in a bunch of brainless walking blond hat-racks...

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"