ZKSUJ
Topic Author

Your Nickname

Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:41 pm

I havesnt seen this post before so here goes:
What is your nickname with your peers and why/how have you gained that name?

Mine-'Bottle boy' or 'Beer Bottle' because they rekon I am empty from the neck upwards.

Whats yours?

BCAInfoSys

RE: Your Nickname

Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:44 pm

Bull (from Night Court) - Tall, bald, goofy-lookin.
Spurtzel - No comment.
Pastey - Apparently I really needed a tan.
Charlie Brown - In my more up-tight days, before I figured out how to relax.
Militant Agnostic - I don't know and you don't either.

ryangooner

Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:21 pm

Mine at work is - "Rock steady Eddie" shortened to "Rock steady"

on account of my surname being Hemmings and an english cricketer by the name of Eddie Hemmings.

where the rock steady come from i can only presume its just the rhyming part of it?

Ryan
ooh to ooh to be ooh to be a gooner!

petertenthije

Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:24 pm

Harry Spotter, because i vaguely resemble Harry Potter.

[Edited 2004-12-05 12:25:10]
Attamottamotta!

AzoresLover

Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:47 pm

Fleetfoot - because in high school I literally ran everywhere I went.
Those who want to do something will find a way; those who don't will find an excuse.

Soku39

Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:31 am

simply it's Krazy, sometimes to those who don't know, Krazy Karl.

I love it  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
The Ohio Player

theCoz

Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:49 am

Some of my best friends call me Scuba. As in Scuba Steve from the Adam Sandler movie. I think it was in the "Big Daddy" movie, but I'd have to look it up again.

diamond

Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:54 am

Diamond ... ever since I was 13.
Blank.

solnabo

Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:42 am

2 Michael in our class, so I was to be called Herman ´cuz of my third name!

Micke//SE  Big thumbs up
Airbus SAS - Love them both

Christa

Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:48 am

My real name is Christopher Miles..

Chris for short...

But everyone either call's me Milo or Christa

Regards,

Chris
Croeso i Faes Awyr Rhyngwladol Caerdydd - Welcome to Cardiff International Airport

fraspotter

Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:21 am

I have a few that different people call me:

#9 - The guy calls me that name because over the summer when i was working, i went to a fasat food pizza stand almost every day and always ordered the #9 combo meal and he was always the one that rang up my order.

Road Kill - While i was a boyscout, i was acting like an idiot and a guy dared me to run out in front of a car and stay there for as long as i can before i run out of the way (i know... i was an idiot), well i did it and i broke my leg while trying to run out of the way. It seems that it was my parents who were driving the car.

Mr. Burns - A guy in my computer class keeps on calling me that name because i remind him of Mr. Burns from the TV show M.A.S.H. (i wonder how i remind him of the guy..... hmm..... 0 Smile/happy/getting dizzy

That is about all I can think of right now.....

Cheers...
"Taking off is optional. It’s landing that’s mandatory."

tristarenvy

Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:48 am

"JR" since High School, as folks said I acted like that guy from "Dallas", and it's also my initials...

If you don't stand for SOMETHING, you'll fall for ANYTHING.

JetService

Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:10 am

All my friends have nicknames for each other. Almost all of them call me Deadwood or just Wood with a few that still call me Sully.

Some of friends' nicknames include
Hoe - first name is Joe
Easy - always lost big at poker (also called him $60-John)
Whar (rhymes with car) - no real reason
Grindstone - last name is Grinstead
Troy-boy - first name Troy
Ding or Dinger - He's a clod and always 'dinging' his head on stuff.
Repeat - first name Pete
Sammy - last name Szmanski
Smit or Smitty - last name is Smith
Beeks - no real reason
Crash - he put himself in intensive care by planting his head into a maple tree while driving an ATV. Almost died.

These aren't just occasional either. We NEVER call each other by are real names for some reason. Maybe its a guy-thing.
"Shaddap you!"

bragi

Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:53 am

Schumacher once for a short period of time.....

However it was meant as an irony because I was involved in a idiotic car "incident" at the time.

(Luckily it was before camera phones became common! Laugh out loud )
Muhammad Ali: "Superman don’t need no seat belt." Flight Attendant: "Superman don’t need no airplane, either."

jcs17

Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:03 am

I've never had too many nicknames that have stuck..

In high school, my football team knew me as Stumpy (because of a bad amputee joke I made) or Potato (due to the fact that I would only eat a potato before a game).

Here, I'm known as Tex or Texas because that is where I transferred from.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

clrd2go

Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:57 am

I've got 2

1: Muppetman. My last name is Henderson and for a long time it seemed
whenever I handed a check over (dry cleaners for example) they'd see
my last name and say "Hey..you're the muppet guy!" It was fun the first
couple times but got old after that..but at any rate, a number of folks at
work started using that

2: Jum..my first name is Jim..many years ago a group I managed at work got
an award and we got a plaque with our names on it..many, including mine
had their first names misspelled..mine came out "Jum"..my boss started
calling me that and it's kinda stuck

Jim/muppetman/Jum
What a long strange trip it's been

redngold

Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:11 am

Various nicknames have come and gone... My favorite right now is "Cat Lady" which is what all the people at the APL shelter call me, because I only volunteer with the cats. Some of the people there can't even remember my real name, so they just call me "Hey Cat lady, come here..." when they need my assistance.
Up, up and away!

aerobalance

Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:36 am

TS
my initials
"Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy..."

canuckpaxguy

Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:16 am

I've been called "canucklehead" online a few times, but my "official" nick-name for years has been "rat piss". It's a bastardization of my last name, and it's stuck with me over the years.

The nickname has even followed me to work after one of my friends came by the office to meet for lunch and called me "rat piss" without thinking.

It's not a nice nickname, but it's one I've actually grown to become fond of. It's very close to my last name and I don't take any offense to it. There are also several variations --- "RP" for example; "Ratty" another; and simply "Rat" as yet a final example.

G

PlymSpotter

Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:30 am

In my class we had four Dans, so we started using surnames instead which gradually morphed into several nicknames used by different people;

Gaston >> Gasts >> Gastont >> Goose

Still don't quite know how or where the Goose bit came from, but I don't mind any of them. Also sometimes called Flying Boy, wonder why?  Big thumbs up

Dan  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

skysurfer

Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:30 am

Hmm ok here goes....
My friends in the UK call me PID, because my name is Stuart.....so, drop the 'art' and you'll understand why they call me that!
My friends here in Canada call me 'the machine', and that's because when i get drunk, i'll sing/dance/stay up all night and not even think about stopping until i'm the last one left standing.

Cheers
In the dark you can't see ugly, but you can feel fat

vaporlock

Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:52 pm

Well here are a few of mine...

Pumpkin - because I am a true redhead
Flip - because I do flips aka backward walkovers or round offs (used to love doing gymnastics)
Pickle - because I love to eat huge dill pickles

Phyllis  Wink/being sarcastic

kaddyuk

Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:34 pm

Harry Spotter - This is because I look like harry potter and am a spotter...

LMAO... I dont like it but hey, you cant pick your nickname... thats just false... LoL
Whoever said "laughter is the best medicine" never had Gonorrhea

UTA_flyinghigh

Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:35 pm

Mine is "Fool"

Signed,
707cmf
Fly to live, live to fly - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BMI Diamond Club Gold, Emirates Skywards

707CMF

Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:25 am

Mine was Poupov, but is being changed into Poupinou... Poupov receiving spam mail addressed to Poupinou, I quite fancied the new one  Laugh out loud

Cheers,

HAWK21M

Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:25 am

HAWK
or HAWKEYE since I shoot well.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

UAL747

Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:58 am

Well, my name is Philip, so most people call me Phil

Alot of people started calling me Phil G, after my screen name. (Pathetic, I know).

When I was a Lambda Chi Alpha, I got the nickname of "Kappa" as I was the High Kappa of the fraternity. (pledge trainer)

UAL747
"Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy. Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy.....Okay, fine, we'll just turn 190 and Visual Our Way

bananaboy

Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:36 am

Other than "Bananaboy?"

"Juice.." - long story

"Mister Moist" - one of my favourite words in English language.. so I use it quite a bit.

"Babycakes" - no idea why.

Mark
All my life, I've been kissing, your top lip 'cause your bottom one's missing

alcregular

Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:45 am

A couple of my friend call me Benidorm Shazza or ALC Shazza, because I worked there, we all worked in travel, so they know the airport codes. I don't really have a nickname, apart from these.
Why drive when you can fly?

srbmod

Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:13 am

Rusty. I grew up with this one, as I am named after my father, so the family from the start called me Rusty, after my middle name Russell. The only folks that call me it now are family and a few old friends from high school (Some of them will call me Rusty one minute and Steven the next).

Stephanie. This started one night at a job I worked at in the late 1990s, as a joke by my department manager. Evidently, I wasn't picking up the store phone quick enough when would page me, so he said over the store intercom system (with customers still in the store) "Stephanie Brown, pick up on the red line". I ran to the phone and said back "What do you want Roberta? (his name was Robert)" The next day, he told a few of the other part time stock clerks about it and they started to call me Stephanie, so I started to call them feminine versions of their names (Nick became Nicole, Matt became Matilda, and Jamie, well that's a unisex name) and this went on even after I changed departments.

Jagr. Same workplace as above, one of my coworkers started to call me that because at the time, my favorite NHL team was the Pittsburgh Penguins (The Thrashers were still a few years away), and the coworker in question was also a hockey fan and just started to call me Jagr. He was the only guy there that called me that, my bosses there always called me Stevie.

Picnic. I picked this one about five years ago one night while out with some coworkers when I was working at AirTran. I was wearing a red and white checked Ben Sherman shirt and a couple of coworkers starting making jokes like "You got any fried chicken" and various other picnicking comments. The next day at work, everyone that was out the night before kept calling me that and eventually everybody on the ramp and gate (and a few mechanics and GSE guys) called me by it. In my circle of friends from work, there were three of us with similar names so it made since for the two younger ones to be called something else. The Picnic nickname stuck with me, and the other Steve got called by his last name. Thankfully when I went to work across the concourse to ASA the name didn't follow amongst those employees. I still get called Picnic whenever I see any of my old friends from AirTran.

Now for my current nickname: Brownie. When I started working for my current employer, the guy that I was on a route with had the same name just spelled differently. They called me Brownie and called the other by his last name.

AIR757200

Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:59 am

Moe- primary-- everyone in my social life knows me as: Moe.
Medo- 'meadow' -- primary/family -- most, if not, all my family members use my middle name.

Now for the fun nicknames:

Easy- popular name among friends at the bar/clubs... (I don't know why!  Big grin ) ..plus it rhymes with my last name!
Moesha- popular among friends, even Concordeboy sometimes call me by this name.
Hoe-Moe: newest name, born about two months ago.

PJS800

Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:11 pm

My name is Pasquale and my middle name is Joseph, so people usually call me P.J., but sometimes that gets changed into P or Peej. My grandfather has the same name and everyone calls him Pat.

P.J.

j_hallgren

Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:12 pm

At my last job, it became "J5" short for "Johnny 5" the robot in the Short Circuit movies...don't know where my boss got that idea, but it was better than another he tried...so I still use it with some people...I signed memos and such as "J5"...
COBOL - Not a dead language yet!

UTA_flyinghigh

Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:28 pm

I go by Will but have no nickname as such.

UTA
Fly to live, live to fly - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BMI Diamond Club Gold, Emirates Skywards

707CMF

Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:29 pm

A friend of mine has a nice nickname, but according to French law, I am not allowed to call him that since last Wednesday...

Cheers,