SmithAir747
Topic Author

What Effect Would First Contact Have On You?

Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:59 am

I'm just wondering...

Suppose extraterrestrials made first contact with us--or the extraterrestrials among us revealed ourselves (only we know who we are!).

What effect would it have on you when you first found out (eg. the news, or a friend of yours revealed himself)? Would alien first contact affect your life in a major way? Would you forever remember what you were doing when it happened? What would you do?

What would be the effect on Earth's civilisation, way of life, religion, etc? Would they be friendly or hostile?

Let's have fun and speculate!

SmithAir747
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made... (Psalm 139:14)

theCoz

RE: What Effect Would First Contact Have On You?

Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:58 am

I remember a while back SETI had picked up something they said was "significant". My initial thoughts were cautious, but optimistic.

Then of course there are the conspiracy theorists. They had all sorts of conclusions about what's really going on.

Scientists are very cautious in what they say. If they're going to announce something "significant", it's probably really significant.

Look how cautious they are in regard to microbes on mars. Many things point to life, but they stop far short of saying there is/was life there.

I think there are billions of worlds out there, but them coming here to live amongst us...well...

I guess it would be a bit like dressing up like an animal and going to the zoo. I don't get why they'd do it.

707CMF

Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:14 pm

I would probably look out for that Borg sphere near the Enterprise  Wink/being sarcastic

Cheers,

Springbok747

Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:30 pm

I think I've already had first contact. I have to wonder whether our next door neighbor is really from planet Zorg or something, because that dude looks out of this world! He is 6'5", and ALWAYS walks around in shorts..even when the damn weather is 4 degrees and raining. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he turned out to be an alien....

אני תומך בישראל

UTA_flyinghigh

Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:33 pm

I would try to get the first jumpseat shots  Laugh out loud

UTA
Fly to live, live to fly - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BMI Diamond Club Gold, Emirates Skywards