AsstChiefMark
Topic Author

Meet The Fockers

Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:25 am

http://www.meetthefockers.com

I wonder if the producers named this movie this name on purpose. My ears really perked up when I first heard the TV promo ad for it on primetime network TV. I work in a nursing home and the big screen TV was on during meal time this past weekend. A few of the old folks looked up when the baritone-voiced announcer mentioned the name.  Laugh out loud

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

deltaflyertoo

RE: Meet The Fockers

Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:27 am

It is a sequel to Meet The Parents where Ben Stiller's character's last name is Fokker. I'm sure at the time the writers thought it was funny but moved on to focus on other items in the script. When the name took off and the movie grossed well at box office, it seemed approprate to have a sequel where we get to meet his folks called Meet the Fokkers.

DeltaGuy

Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:41 am

Looks pretty damn funny to me...always in the mood for a good *cheap* laugh.....

"You painted his tail, didn't you focker?"

DeltaGuy
"The cockpit, what is it?" "It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilot sits, but that's not importan

ConcordeBoy

Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:06 am

Looks like it's gonna be a riot... can't wait. Hope I'm not disappointed...  Yeah sure
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

dtwclipper

Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:10 am

Of interest, to the trivia mined, Streisands' understudy from "Funny Girl" wanted to play the roll of Stillers mother, but didn't get the part.

5 points to anyone who know who it was?
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business