ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Experiencing Some Serious Voter's Remorse Lately

Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:04 am

Lord, as of late... I look at the Bush Administration, and grimace.

I mean, sure I'll always love them for the sole reason of giving continental Europe the finger; but man, what a bunch o' screwups!

Don't get me wrong now-- every day, I thank the lord almighty that John Kerry never got anywhere near the White House.... but still, why this? Wasn't there SOME better alternative than either of those loons?  Yeah sure

I content myself to say that my vote wasn't for Bush, but rather against Kerry; but still, I'm almost to the point of wishing I'd never cast a ballot for the guy regardless (still wouldn't have voted for Kerry though  Laugh out loud).

Considering that not-voting is NOT an option for me, and a 3rd Party vote is a wasted one.... just didn't see much alternative. This really sux.  Crying
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

Tom in NO

RE: Experiencing Some Serious Voter's Remorse Lately

Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:10 am

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I voted for Bush, but the last president I voted for that really geeked me, that I was truly excited to vote for, was Reagan.

Tom at MSY
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

Klaus

ConcordeBoy

Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:27 am

ConcordeBoy: I mean, sure I'll always love them for the sole reason of giving continental Europe the finger; but man, what a bunch o' screwups!

Sure, we´re pretty disgusted by the bloody stump you´re so consistently waving in front of our eyes. But was that really worth cutting off your own hand?

I doubt it, to be honest...  Nuts

I myself didn´t find the superficial presentation of the Kerry campaign all that convincing; But you missed a great opportunity to make a big step upwards in substance. Too bad you didn´t recognize it.

You´re paying a pretty steep price, all in all. Or rather you are detachedly watching other people pay the price for you.  Sad

jaysit

Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:29 am

And here I am thinking that Bush's re-election wasn't the end of the world.

Pity about Kerik though.

It would have been good to have an interesting politico in DC for a change, what with his mafia connections and his two mistresses. I guess we're just stuck with the likes of limp-wristed mean Frist and yapping Pelosi.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

vneplus5

RE: Experiencing Some Serious Voter's Remorse Late

Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:29 am

You made your bed, you lie in it. I'll remind you of that fact next time there's a major terrorist attack in Iraq, or when the US death-toll goes over the next even hundred (whichever comes first).

We told you so, we were right, and here's a big 'international peace sign' straight back at you, Boy.

Signed,
Continental Europe

KiwiNanday

Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:32 am

Why do we always have to bitch about politics? On a universal scale, I don't think that whoever is President makes a big difference....
Silly Islamic extremists, it's just a cartoon!

vneplus5

Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:46 am

On a universal scale, I don't think that whoever is President makes a big difference....

Correct, simply because of the total lack of any political landscape in the USA. You can thank McCarthy for a big chunk of that, and many others since.

Kerry was right-wing, and Bush is ultra-right-wing. It always makes me chuckle when someone calls Kerry or the Democrats 'left-wing'  Wink/being sarcastic

Guys, the world looks at your president and laughs.... unless of course we are unfortunate enough to live in a part of the world with oil, and then it's time to be afraid.. very afraid of 'WMD' being miraculously discovered in the cellar.  Big grin

DLKAPA

Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:51 am

I have found WMD's in Colorado. Come eat at the Fort Lewis College cafeteria and you will see what I mean. Biological warfare at it's finest right there.
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:59 am

CLARIFICATION:

... I didnt do a good enough job of explaining this in the opening post, so let me rectify that:

I absolutely LOVE the Bush Administration's foreign policy-- the primary reason I wanted nothing to do with Kerry.

It's their DOMESTIC policy that's wearing me down.

SFOMEX

Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:13 am

Concordeboy:

When the next two or three justices retire, you will suddenly remember why you voted for Bush and how lucky is America that the Pelosy, Kennedy, Kerry bunch is not calling the shots to fill the vacancies at the Supreme Court.
The only thing worst than the GOP is the Democratic Party, think about it!

SlamClick

Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:16 am

The main reservation I had about voting for Bush was the fear that he'd see almost any margin of victory as a "mandate from the people."

Anyone listen to his victory speech?

Ah, mister president, more people did NOT vote for you than did. The only reason you are in there for another for is because even more people did NOT vote for Kerry.

The only virtue government may have is its absence.
Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.

gigneil

Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:17 am

No, that's particularly when he's going to regret it the most.

When the next two or three justices retire and get replaced by radical religious zealots, and America becomes the next Iran, people are going to wonder how it happened.

N

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:23 am

For once... Piggie's dead right  Crying

aerorobnz

Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:52 am

You guys just need more than two major candidates to vote for. Not the left of looney party or to the right of purgatory party, just solid options, then you would
actually voting to get somebody in, and not voting to keep somebody out - which is different entirely. That isn't real democracy when you aren't voting for what you want. That said ConcordeBoy you did vote, and wouldn't consider not voting so that is good. Hopefully this election has taught the US something although ever the cynic, If you can't learn after Bush's first term then there's not much chance. We can Hope though.
Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

Sabena332

Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:53 am

I absolutely LOVE the Bush Administration's foreign policy-- the primary reason I wanted nothing to do with Kerry.

It's their DOMESTIC policy that's wearing me down.

You are more interested in the foreign policy of your country, rather than in the domestic policy which affects you, as an American citizen, directly  Confused.

Nuts

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

dan-air

Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:52 am

You "love" Bush's foreign policy eh? I would respectfully suggest that you put your money where your mouth is and get your lame ass down to the nearest recruiting office, so you can experience Bush's foreign policy up close and personal.

Newark777

Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:00 am

Hey, be happy you guys had a say in this election. I missed it by a month.  Sad
Being in New Jersey, it probably wouldn't have mattered, but I still would liked to vote.
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:03 am

You are more interested in the foreign policy of your country, rather than in the domestic policy which affects you, as an American citizen, directly

...droll that you equate agreement or disagreement with various aspects of governmental leadership, to the amount of interest invested therein  Nuts

I would respectfully suggest that you put your money where your mouth is and get your lame ass down to the nearest recruiting office, so you can experience Bush's foreign policy up close and personal.

To which I'd jocularly retort with "that's what people who'd otherwise work at Walmart are for"  Big grin

pilotaydin

Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:17 am

when you are not american and have lived there like myself...and see a sign in the town u work in on a window of a house that says "House for rent, NO BLACKS"

then you wonder how it is that this is the country that tries to impose freedom and advancement in the civilized world.

Countries and regimes are like children, they learn by themselves by mistakes....a so called "bad" country isnt going to turn good by force...a child that doesnt do his homework will never really start doing it on his own because he is forced to like it....

I find lately that i do not know what an American person is...with the melting pot that it has become moreso than earlier decades...who is bush representing in the world....2nd and 3rd generations of people from Europe, combined with hispanic pour.... pretty soon the whole usa is gonna be mostly hispanic, and then they really arent gonna give a damn about foreign policy and it's going to be a great shame.
Wake up bush....you and your dad went into Iraq, while the very streets of some of your own cities are more dangerous than some in the middle east...tisk.
The only time there is too much fuel onboard, is when you're on fire!

avek00

Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:43 am

You wanted the GOP in office Fred, so quit bitchin' about the fact that they won't let you get married...
Live life to the fullest.

Falcon84

Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:37 pm

I absolutely LOVE the Bush Administration's foreign policy--

With all respect, CB, how can ANYONE in their right mind love a policy based on fear-mongering, starting a war that had no business being fought, and pissing off 95% of the globe in the process?

That's not good policy. That's just not having a clue.

And remember, CB, you voted for Mr. Bush. And besides, that was about the biggest flip-flop I've ever seen in trying to act like you're pisssed off. Real lame.
Work Right, Fly Hard

Klaus

Avek00

Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:39 pm

Avek00: You wanted the GOP in office Fred, so quit bitchin' about the fact that they won't let you get married...

Some people visit their dominatrix... others just vote republican...  Wink/being sarcastic

seb146

Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:55 pm

People go around bitching they had no choice in who to vote for so they voted against the guy they didn't like.

What a crock!

Even though Nader was not on the ballot in Oregon, I could have very easily written him in! It's called a democracy, people! A majority of the people in Ukraine did not like the outcome of their elections so what did they do? Rally! They now have a chance to have they leader they want. What does this country do? Well, since the media declared Bush the winner, he must be...

For the record: I voted for Kerry because he had a better domestic agenda than Bush.

GO CANUCKS!!
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:04 pm

And besides, that was about the biggest flip-flop I've ever seen in trying to act like you're pisssed off. Real lame.

...um, huh?

People go around bitching they had no choice in who to vote for so they voted against the guy they didn't like.

What a crock!

Even though Nader was not on the ballot in Oregon, I could have very easily written him in!

....not entirely cher. Were this 1984, that could be a justified course of action when you consider both of the mainline parties' candidates to be incompetent boobs.

With one this close, a 3rd party vote is essentially a vote for whomever you have the most oppositon theretoward.

StevenUhl777

Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:09 pm

Considering that not-voting is NOT an option for me, and a 3rd Party vote is a wasted one.... just didn't see much alternative. This really sux

I think that a large percentage of voters in both parties would agree with you on that point. Kerry wasn't the top choice of the Dems., and there were were Republicans that likely switched and voted for Kerry.

Remember that rarely does a presidential candidate come along that has cross-over appeal and and can truly lead. In my lifetime, I would say that only Reagan and Clinton had that. Some older than me might argue that JFK did as well. Does Howard Dean have the same appeal/charisma? Doubtful. Jeb Bush or Bill Frist? Uh uh, nodda.

And the winner for best actress is....REESE WITHERSPOON for 'Walk the Line'!!!!!!!!

Falcon84

Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:14 pm

Steven, excellent points in your post.

Amazing, some of the political similarities between Reagan and Clinton: both were glib, dynamic governors; both could communicate ideas to the people in ways few politicians ever could; both survived major scandals in their incumbency (Reagan Iran-Contra, Clinton MonicaGate, and no, I don't count Whitewater in that); both were successful in getting most of their agenda to fruition, despite the Congress being controlled by the other party; both will probably go down as not as great as their most zealous backers would like, but not as bad as their most bitter detractors would care to see.

Oh, and both beat George H.W. Bush  Big grin
Work Right, Fly Hard

N317AS

Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:26 pm

Kerry = more substance?? WTF???
Some people are like Slinkies. They bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

MaverickM11

Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:33 pm

"You wanted the GOP in office Fred, so quit bitchin' about the fact that they won't let you get married..."

Why can't I bitch about the GOP not letting me get married? The marriage issue is one of the few issues that I bitch about regarding the GOP. If I were to bitch about the Liberals, I'd sound like a Boca Raton grandmother....for YEARS.
E pur si muove -Galileo

4holer

Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:38 pm

Pilotaydin'
You said:"when you are not american and have lived there like myself...and see a sign in the town u work in on a window of a house that says 'House for rent, NO BLACKS'"

If you are referring to the recent event in Phoenix, the person who put up the sign WAS a minority who was making a point to protest some beef with his homeowner's association, and you knew that when you wrote it. And it was outrageous enough as it was to be the lead story on every news outlet in town.
If that was not the case you referred to, well you either made it up or you stayed in very rural Mississippi or something. In any case, do not try to make it sound as though this is representative of anything that has occurred with any frequency in the States since the 1960s.
As for the point of the thread. If I'd have voted for Bush, I'd feel pretty silly when I sobered up. (You know the feeling of waking up in bed all hung over looking at the president you just woke up with and saying to yourself, "I voted for THAT?!?")
Ghosts appear and fade away.....................

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:06 pm

Kerry = more substance?? WTF???

My point exactly: the man had NO discernable substance whatsoever, hence my zeal in voting against him. Bush may be a quack, but at least you KNOW what you'll be getting from him  Insane

Why can't I bitch about the GOP not letting me get married? The marriage issue is one of the few issues that I bitch about regarding the GOP

Likewise

Klaus

Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:27 pm

With an entire administration visibly "winging it" without any substantial foundation for their failing policies, it´s not really hard to see where practically every other administration before and probably after them have exceeded and will exceed the Bush one in substance.

An election campaign (especially an american one) is one thing. The still visible substantial issues and positions are quite another. Not being able to look past the hype on either side seems to be one reason why you´re stuck with what you´ve got.

Good luck.

pilotaydin

Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:01 pm

4holer = i dont understand people like you. So if it sounds incompatible to your logic, i probably made it up? What kind of mature western are you? The incident was in Daytona Beach, Florida, actually more towards an area by Ormond beach, where there are some houses out in the open that college students like to rent. I DONT need someone that doesnt know me saying stuff like that to me...because ive been through a lot, a gulf war when i was 12 and survived a scud attack in riyadh, a near miss in florida where i saw the David Clarks's of the other plane's pilot, and an earthquake in turkey which miraculiously didnt kill me as i was in the epicentre, but it took away 100 of my friends and 50,000 turkish people.....

you think i would make up something about a sign to enhance my point? come on mate.... i dont know u, but i would never assume someone made something up. Rasicm is a given in some social groups in the usa, this is public fact....
sorry if u dont find me credible....
The only time there is too much fuel onboard, is when you're on fire!

virgin744

Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:08 pm

ConcordeBoy,

I hate to inform you but about 3billion other people will most probably think thats the worst statement to ever come from an american, not to mention the most naiive and narrowminded too!

How can you possibly LOVE (in uppercase too) his foreign policy??? Do you actually know what you are saying? Do you realise that the FP of the Bush administration over the last 4+yrs has done more to harm the world (including the US herself) than any other policy!?

I dont really know you, so I will ask these questions in a very calm and sensitive manner;
To truly appreciate what his foreign policy has done you actually need to live and work in mainland europe for a while, have you actually ever lived there?
Have you ever ever had a serious conversation with anyone east of Greece & west of Australia before?
Do you have close friends from the area described above?
I very much doubt if you can answer Yes to any of those questions...

I find it difficult to disagree with your other reasons for voting Bush as I to, similarly had a tough decision to make when casting my vote for the 1st time last summer (even though I am 31yrs old) - simply because I hate the present government of the Uk and also hate the Tory (conservatives) too, nevertheless I voted Conservative mainly because Blair lied to the people and sided with Bush on the war on terror (a.k.a WMD ~ that were never there)
But that alone didnt make me vote against them, it was the poor economic state the country was in (and still is), the continued lies and cover-ups, terrible transportation, unfair taxes and so on.

To vote for Bush because of his so-called foreign policy - thats poor, in fact, I would go as far as saying, that was downright stupid!
Ask any person outside of the Americas what they think of Bush's foreign policy, see what they say or do to do...

you dont have my vote...sorry

virgin744

gigneil

Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:40 am

He likes Bush's foreign policy because he's a racist.

He doesn't care about the end of terrorism, he cares about the destruction of other cultures in favor of the American way.

Its a popular sentiment.

N

tbar220

Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:23 am

You know, there's enough people out there who are disgruntled with the two party system. If enough people like you voted for a third party, perhaps we could begin to see a change. Instead of saying its a wasted vote, you should stick to your ideals, even if its a losing cause. Would you have considered voting for any of the third party candidates?
NO URLS in signature

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:23 am

not to mention the most naiive and narrowminded too!

Not really:
I completely understand the ramifications thereof-- problem is (from your perspective anyways) I LIKE IT.

Biggggggg difference  Big grin

How can you possibly LOVE (in uppercase too) his foreign policy???

...for 'bout the same reasons 60M+ other people, that actually matter, do

Do you actually know what you are saying?

...as always. Whether you like/receive it or not is irrelevant to that fact.

Do you realise that the FP of the Bush administration over the last 4+yrs has done more to harm the world (including the US herself) than any other policy!?

Somewhere, out there... Der Fuhrer just rolled in his grave

have you actually ever lived there?

Indeed. Also a dual citizen.
...next?

Have you ever ever had a serious conversation with anyone east of Greece & west of Australia before?

Indeed.
...next?

Do you have close friends from the area described above?

"close friends", no... common acquaintances, some.

I very much doubt if you can answer Yes to any of those questions...

Assumption: great progenitor of all f^ckups  Big grin

mainly because Blair lied to the people

okayyyyyy... what little credibility you actually had has now completely dissipated.  Yeah sure

To vote for Bush because of his so-called foreign policy

As said, I really didn't cast my ballot for Bush for his... moreso against Kerry for his.

Ask any person outside of the Americas what they think of Bush's foreign policy

Why bother when I couldn't possibly; and I do mean completely lack the ability to; care less what they think of it...?  Yawn

you dont have my vote...sorry

Um, you say that as if I were seeking (or value) your approval on something  Nuts

Falcon84

Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:27 am

ConcordeBoy, a little rhetorical question: did you really think, in Nov of 2000, just before that election, that Bush would have such an overtly agressive foreign policy, based on what he had said coming up to the election: on nation-building (which he said he was against), on an arrogant foreign policy (which he said he was against); on using American troops pre-emptively (which he said he was against).

My point being that you don't have the first freaking clue what the foreign policy of Kerry would have ended up being. Oh, I forgot, he's a Democrat, so you would have been automatically against anything he did, right?

Ah, now I get it.
Work Right, Fly Hard

seb146

Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:27 am

That was another reason for voting for Kerry. He had the best chance of changing what we saw as wrongs done by the current administration. What has Bush done for the common man of the United States? Not a heck of a lot. The "tax cuts" have not helped, those of us working low-waged jobs (due to outsourcing of our high paying jobs or jobs with benefits) are spending more money just to survive, not live. And, to top it all off, we are still living in fear of being attacked by terrorists on our own soil! What did Bush do when he had the chance to rid the world of one of the largest terror organizations? He pulled the troops and invaded an oil-rich nation and sent the troops to guard the oil offices. Not nuclear facilities or weapons facilities. Those of us that voted against Bush wanted our country to be strong. We do not want to be invading countries that never wanted us in the first place.

I also fear that I may be detained sometime in the next 4 years for speaking out against Bush. Don't think it can happen in this country? Think again. Bush did not allow detractors at any of his rallies. His people got those undecidedes at his rallies to sign waivers promising to vote for him. What is that all about? I fear for this world in general and this country specifically.

GO CANUCKS!!

MaverickM11

Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:55 am

"He likes Bush's foreign policy because he's a racist."

Explain.
E pur si muove -Galileo

AA777

Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:56 am

I absolutely LOVE the Bush Administration's foreign policy-- the primary reason I wanted nothing to do with Kerry.<

LOL..... concordeboy, the Bush Admin's foreign policy is probably the reason why his cabinet is falling apart.... woops.... his foreign policy is one sided, imperialistic, and can easily be judged to be poorly planned. It looks as if America is not as strong as we thought. Take a look at the Iraq situation: BLATANTLY out of control. Oh, yes, this was a very smart idea.... lets get into a war that we cant get out of. Lets make the situation worse than it already was. If you buy into the illusion that the iraqi people are now "free" you need to have a reality check. They are occupied, terrifiec by US and Insurgent DAILY bombings, which will not cease. The U.S. refuses to send more troops, and monthly, another member of the "coalition of the willing" seems to drop out. DONT FORGET POLAND!!! lol.... If you think that "giving Europe the finger" is such a good idea, that must be why we are doing so well-- internationally, and domestically. The Dollar at record lows, a war that is out of control. lol..... and you voted for him? Concordeboy, I absolutley respect your views of aviation (I too, like the T7), but when it comes to world policy and even domestic policy.... you need to open your eyes.

-AA777

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:16 am

you don't have the first freaking clue what the foreign policy of Kerry would have ended up being

Friggin' BINGO! ...couldn't have said it better.

And that's precisely WHY I'd NEVER have voted for that lunatic-- you never knew where he'd stand at any given hour.

Oh, I forgot, he's a Democrat, so you would have been automatically against anything he did, right?

Nope, wrong.

What has Bush done for the common man of the United States?

Remind me why I would care again...

The "tax cuts" have not helped, those of us working low-waged jobs

Which wasn't really their target in the first place....

we are still living in fear of being attacked by terrorists on our own soil!

Hmm, well what would your suggestion be-- abject complacency?

He pulled the troops

Last I checked, there were still plenty of US troops in Afghanistan....

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:11 am

Just to clarify again folks, based on some of the [hate] email I've received over this.....

...look, I dont care that the dude makes faces like a monkey, stutters constatntly, is a DUI convict (which will forever make him persona non-grata, but not much I can do about that), or butchers the English language. It's not some'n to be proud of, sure I'll give you that, but it's not a factor in the least so far as internal policy is concerned with me. Only fodder for Democratic talking points.  Yeah sure

seb146

Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:59 pm

You are right... the tax cuts the president is so proud of went to the richest Americans and not those that could actually use them: the working class.

About the war in Afghanistan: Sure, there are still US troops there, but he declared "Mission Accomplished" yet Osama bin-Laden, al-Qaida, and the Taliban are still on the loose and no one is any closer to capturing them than when the Iraq war started.

GO CANUCKS!!

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:11 pm

and not those that could actually use them: the working class.

Correction: and not those who could least effectively apply them to the maximum benefit of the economy at large

but he declared "Mission Accomplished"

1) Bush did not declared that
2) ...nor was the sign on the Lincoln his idea/initiative
3) The statement was in reference to Iraq, not Afghanistan

seb146

Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:35 pm

My bad about the Afghanistan statements. But there is still the very real threat of attacks in our country from al-Qaida. That could have been cut off in the mountains of Afghanistan. But instead, this administration shifted focus to alleged "Weapons of Mass Destruction" in Iraq instead of capturing the bad guys.

Trickle Down Economics would work, if the middle class would see anything trickling down. It does not help when jobs are being outsourced, hours cut for lack of business or jobs being cut altogether. Some of us that work can not even afford health care. Well, we could, if we don't eat for a few days a month...

GO CANUCKS!!

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:43 pm

But there is still the very real threat of attacks in our country from al-Qaida.

Agreed

That could have been cut off in the mountains of Afghanistan.

...hmmm; are you suggesting a way that could've been done, one which the US Military and native denizens of the area combined, didn't already try?

Some of us that work can not even afford health care. Well, we could, if we don't eat for a few days a month...

seb146

Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:58 pm

It really bothers me that I have been working for the past 14 years and have to pay anywhere from half to full out of pocket for a simple routine exam plus all my other normal expenses (electric, phone, rent, food) yet if I had been fired, just immigrated, or have kids AND no job, I would not have to worry so much about expenses. It would be nice for the government that I have been financially supporting over the last 14 years to give something back to me.

Yes, I know, they pay the troops that defend our freedom. Bravo. How about using some of my tax dollars to also lower the cost of medicine instead of paying for renaming an expressway in Pennsylvania that I will never see or use? An extreme example, I know, but doesn't that make you mad that your money is paying for frivolous stuff instead of making a real difference?

GO CANUCKS!!

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:06 pm

How about using some of my tax dollars to also lower the cost of medicine instead of paying for renaming an expressway in Pennsylvania that I will never see or use?

...of course, since in the real world there won't be an "instead"; are you advocating "on top of"--- i.e., willing to pay extra taxes to get the benefits you claim here to desire?

Therein arises the motif of spend more now to save more later. You prepared?  Big grin

Alessandro

Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:41 pm

At least the US$ is low value now, so US goods become cheap here in Europe and soften the high oil price, all thanks to GWB...

From New Yorqatar to Califarbia...

OYRJA

Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:41 pm

Sorry guys.. But this was just hilarious  Laugh out loud

[Edited 2004-12-17 15:43:39]