planespotterx

Just Got GTA (San Andreas)

Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:35 am

Hi all, ive yet to play it but I will do in the next hour.
Is it anything like Vice City, or is it based on a whole new platform with new "things" to see and blow up.
Also anyone have any PS2 cheats for the game yet, preferably invincible or no cops.
Cheers
Its not the fall that kills u, its the sudden stop at the end..

wietse

Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:40 am

Don't mess with cheats, the destroy the idea of the game.

GTA: SA is a great game, with a LOT more things to do compared to VC. The most fun thing to do is modding a Jester in the Wheel Arch Angels shop in San Fierro. Those things become true rice rockets.. and the Jester is the only one that gives some good handling and speed.

Wietse de Graaf

SA006

Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:58 am

Here are some cheats  Smile/happy/getting dizzy  Smile/happy/getting dizzy Big grin

http://www.cheatplanet.com/ps2cheats/grand_theft_auto_vice_city.htm

Have fun!  Laugh out loud

Rgds
SA006
Proudly South African

Corpsnerd09

Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:18 am

DON'T CHEAT!

You can end up corrupting your game file and loosing all progress, and if you want 100%, the game will not let you reach 100% if you cheat, it will only reach 99.7% and won't go further even if you've done everything.

EA CO AS

Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:39 am

You can end up corrupting your game file and loosing all progress, and if you want 100%, the game will not let you reach 100% if you cheat, it will only reach 99.7% and won't go further even if you've done everything.

Using cheat codes doesn't keep you from finishing GTA:VC or GTAIII (on Xbox, anyway).

Is that exclusive to the PS2 platform, or just GTA:SA?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

A340600

RE: Just Got GTA (San Andreas)

Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:13 am

Never stopped me on PS2 with VC using cheats,

Sam
Despite the name I am a Boeing man through and through!

Corpsnerd09

Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:30 pm

You can finish the game, the storylines... but it won't say 100%

even after you've done everything...

theCoz

Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:07 pm

Don't mess with cheats, the destroy the idea of the game.

Dude, come on, there's nothing more fun than flying a rhino tank around the city and chasing planes.  Big grin

jetblast

Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:28 am

BTW make sure you check out the a/c graveyard in the desert near the third city (Las Venturas). It's easier to get there with CHEATS!

Regards
JetBlast @ BWI  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Speedbird Concorde One

planespotterx

Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:11 am

Been playing the game for hours now, fantastic is my verdict.
I dont actually play GTA for the gameplay whcih is why i want cheats, I do it cos you can blow stuff up, run people over etc lol.
All I need is 3 cheats and im happy..No cops, Full Health, All levels

Newark777

Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:52 am

I got the day it came out, but haven't been playing a lot, and I'm still in the first city. Now that I'm done with all of my college application stuff, I should be playing a lot more now.  Smile
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

mirrodie

Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:10 am

Let me ask this. In what ways is the game BETTER than Vice City?

I mean, I loved Vice City when I first got it, but after a while, blowing shit up got to be pretty mundane.

What has really gotten better in this game?
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

Corpsnerd09

Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:18 am

There's a lot more to do.

Once you're done with all the storyline and side missions, you still have things you can do other than drive around and blow up things.

Also, u can't cheat to get into the unopened areas of the map, if you use the lower wanted level cheat, the stars just come back until you return to the map area that is open and you use the cheat there. The only way you can get to Las Venturas without a 4-star rating is by completing the San Fierro Mission "Shay ka boom boom".

Of course, it's always fun as hell to sneak into LV and get chased by the police at four stars! Until I opened the map, I liked to go in and see how long I'd survive.

planespotterx

Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:25 am

Found 3 really cool cheats for the game so far.

1 you dont need to pass a pilots liscence to fly, find the Airport at Los Santos and drive a car to the check-in point, park the car next to the hut and jump onto the roof, then your on the apron and you can fly either a Cessna or a Learjet.

2 Find the highest building in Downtown Los Santos (looks like tallest building in LA and is the only one with a round shape) and there you'll find the entrance, pass through the "mission" bar and you get to the top of the roof.
Here you'll find a parachute and you can try out a bit of BASE jumping.

3 Do the same as 2 but when on top spawn the tank cheat (OO L1 OOO L1 L2 R1 Triangle O Triangle) and you can drive the tank over the edge and land on the freeway below, and if your lucky you sometimes land on something/someone lol without dying yourself.

Also been reports of a "Bigfoot" been seen in Red County, apparently a PS2 magazine has a £50 bounty on whoever can catch the Bigfoot with a VHS tape.

AAplatnumflier

Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:30 am

Once it comes out for Xbox I will let you know about the cheats