Hotel Reccomendations For SXM?

Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:57 pm

I am finally just going there Jan 18.....I am taking a female so I would like to get a nice hotel, preferrably one near the famous arrival beach.

[Edited 2004-12-19 08:58:15]
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

RE: Hotel Reccomendations For SXM?

Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:49 am

You cant beat the Maho Beach Hotel.... its the hotel that's well... on Maho Bay..... where Princess Juliana Intl is... thats the famous beach. I stayed at a Hotel that was just across the road from SJU, and it was slightly irritating having A300's and B767s & 757's ROARING down the runway, and reversing thrust etc.... Dont get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE airplannes.... but SJU is MUCH busier than I thought it would be, so it made for a more noisy retreat than I was prepared for... I'm saying just to keep that in mind before you book the Maho beach hotel.... if you're trying to be romantic with this "female" and you are giving the planes more attention than you are giving her, that might not go over so well with

There is a link to the resort on Maho Bay.

There is also Le Meridien Grand Case.... Le Meredien is a lovely chain of hotels.... Those two seem to be the "best" in SXM.... The others have lower star ratings.

Anyhow, keep the noise thing in mind when you book, happy travels!

RE: Hotel Reccomendations For SXM?

Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:55 am

The 3 right on the beach there are Maho, Royal Islander, and Caravansari.