OB1504
Topic Author

"Meet The Fockers" Offical Movie Review Topic

Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:52 am

Well, I saw the movie about two hours ago, and I'm still laughing!  Big thumbs up

A perfect sequel to Meet The Parents. I would highly recommend that everyone here saw this movie, because it is one of the best movies released in 2004. I'm not going to post much of a review, because I prefer being a Teenage Armchair CEO, not a Teenage Armchair Movie Critic.

What do other A.net members think about the recently released movie?

Tom in NO

RE: "Meet The Fockers" Offical Movie Review Topic

Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:57 am

Hopefully, the movie will be more creative than the title.

Tom at MSY
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

mdsh00

Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:57 am

It looks hilarious. I plan to see Gaylord Focker and his family tomorrow.  Smile
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."

MaverickM11

Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:18 am

If I hated the previous movie, and all of Stiller's other movies, am I going to like this one?
E pur si muove -Galileo

A340600

Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:54 pm

Stiller is a legend, he's sooo funny, cnt wait for this one. I'd expect it's released in bloody June here!

Sam
Despite the name I am a Boeing man through and through!

ZKSUJ

Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:05 pm

This is going on my 'things to do list'  Big grin

Dash8King

Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:15 am

It was funnier then the first however you dont feel the same for the characters. However I definately recommend it.

av8rphx

Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:21 am

Saw it last night up in WI with the girlfriend. It was hilarious. I think this one was better than the first one.

Lono

Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:48 pm

I refuse to watch it due to the exteme left makeing big bucks with the "star's" in this pic... Babs??? Bah!!! she needs to go away...
Wally Bird Ruled the Skys!

CB777

Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:55 am

I just saw it yesterday, very very funny, it was a good sequal.

CB777

mdsh00

Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:18 am

I saw it on the 23rd and thought it was hilarious. Still, I think the first one was better. The airport scene in Meet the Parents just can't be beat.
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."

airxliban

Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:47 pm

i loved Meet the Parents and so I had to see Meet the Fockers even though I really do not like Barbra..

Just came back from it and here are my impressions:

1. Definitely funny! I had my share of laughs. The strap on tit was great!!

2. Not as clever or original as the first...all the jokes were about sex and it got kind of old.

3. What was the deal with that injection thing? I don't know if it really exists, but it gave me the impression that the writers were desperately trying to think of a way to move the plot on and cheated...

4. Teri Polo looked hotter in the first.

5. There were not as many tension-filled scenes as in the first. For example I did not find myself thinking "Oh no" as often. In Meet the Parents, I almost didn't want to see Jack's reaction when the cork knocked down the urn, but in Meet the Fockers I didn't feel that same kind of tenseness.

Overall, I liked it and would have to say that it met my expectations...but did not exceed them.
PARIS, FRANCE...THE BEIRUT OF EUROPE.

jaysit

Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:46 pm

It was pretty good.
Saw it last night.

I have to admit that I thought Barbra Streisand was fantastic. I was never a big fan of hers, but this film won me over. She was funny, warm, and had a perfect knack for comedy. Robert De Niro is always good. The cat was the best --- it deserves a Kitty Oscar !
Atheism is Myth Understood.

ybacpa

Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:04 am

I didn't like it... I hate to be the killjoy, but:
  • No plot whatsoever, just a bunch of strung-together oneliners.
  • Full of filler material, and way too much exposition.
  • No real tension, the end of the movie is clearly visible from the first 20 minutes.

Its the type of movie that typical simpleminded middle-american rubes love. For a genuine A-list cast, their acting talent does not shine one bit. Instead they're stuck in mediocre, shallow roles, probably because of the sheer sum they were paid.
  • SkyTeam: The alliance for third rate airlines finally getting their act together!

PHLBOS

Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:17 am

Not as clever or original as the first...all the jokes were about sex and it got kind of old.

Airxliban,

I saw the movie last Thursday and I could not agree with you more. The humor and the jokes in the first film stood out in their own merit. IMHO, the writers in this film overplayed their hand with all the sexual innuendo-based jokes. While the film did have its funny moments, I definitely like this first film better.
    "TransEastern! You'll feel like you've never left the ground because we treat you like dirt!" SNL Parady ad circa 1981

JetService

Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:16 am

I saw it a few days ago. I thought it was OK. About as funny as the first with a lot of recycled situations. Dustin and Babs added fresh humor to it. They were pretty funny. I'd recommend it for a first look, but probably won't see it again in the theatre. I'd watch it on DVD if someone happens to play it, but I won't go out to rent it.
    "Shaddap you!"

SJUboeingGirl

Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:47 am

I saw it the day of the premier two weeks ago and it was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If it's not Boeing, I ain't Going!

ScarletHarlot

Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:54 am

My 74 year old mom saw it last week and she said it was hilarious!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
    But that was when I ruled the world

AAplatnumflier

Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:56 am

I just saw it a few days ago and I didnt think it would be funny but it was in facat hilarious!!!!

rjpieces

Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:57 pm

I actually wasn't crazy about Meet the Parents....But I LOVED Meet the Fockers. I saw it twice already....The beginning was slow, but once Hoffman and Streisand came in, the movie was hilarious.

How come some of you seem to hate Streisand...?
    "Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

HAWK21M

Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:17 pm

Any "Review" Links.
    regds
    MEL
    I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

srbmod

Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:28 am

Went to see today. It was a pretty decent sequel (not too many films sequels surpass the original), it had its' share of flat moments, and it did seem like some parts were tacked on to the plot to make the film longer. I laughed at one part because the guy playing the prison guard was the guy who plays Deputy Jones on Reno 911!; I just found that funny.

ANCFlyer

Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:43 am

Saw it this afternoon . . . . it was an 7 out of 10.

Great acting of course by a superb cast . . . but I thought the first was funnier.

I'll get the DVD . . . I wish I'd had the DVD instead of spending $30 at the theater. Would have spent as much and could watch it again.
    FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND