yhmfan

Search Bars On Explorer

Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:43 am

Hi;
Does anyone know how to get rid of "Search" toolbars that attach themsleves to the browser? I have two pesky ones: Google and Morpheus.
Thanks
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you

AsstChiefMark

RE: Search Bars On Explorer

Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:53 am

Download, install, and run Spybot Search and Destroy.

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

N243NW

RE: Search Bars On Explorer

Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:12 am

Hi Yhmfan-

The Google Toolbar is not spyware or adware and cannot be removed via Ad-aware, Spybot, or any other such program. I'm assuming you're running Windows here, so under the Control Panel, select "Add or Remove Programs." Scroll down the list and select "Google Toolbar" and it will run the uninstall wizard.

However, the Google Toolbar is an effective search and pop-up blocking tool, so if you just don't want to see it in your browser, right-click on any empty space on one of your toolbars (again, I'm assuming you run IE) and uncheck "Google."

Morpheus, on the other hand, is classified as adware and, as mentioned before, would most likely require Spybot Search & Destroy to eradicate it. I also recommend Lavasoft's Ad-aware. Both of these programs should help you keep your computer free of almost all adware and spyware out there.

Oh, and when you run the two programs to delete Morpheus, don't be surprised if tons of other cookies and programs are detected. Morpheus, like many other forms of adware and spyware, have been known to automatically install several other similar programs to infect your computer.

Good luck with your removal!
-N243NW Big thumbs up
B-52s don't take off. They scare the ground away.