FLYtoEGCC
Topic Author

Airline Review... Is This Guy Really A Captain?

Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:07 pm

Morning,

Not sure which forum this should be in, but I'll put it in here anyway. I was just having a surf round on the net for reviews of Monarch, when I came across this one:

http://carsurvey.org/air/review_9551.html

What strikes me as being the most weird is the phrase, "Takeoff was very quick and smooth, I should know because I'm an Airbus a330-200 captain myself. The pilots flew astonishingly accurately and I couldn't fault them."

Surely any A330 pilot would know that most of the time in the cruise the autopilot flies the aircraft, and so accurate are the navigation systems on the A32x/A330/A340 that there shouldn't be any need to be faulted.

I'm not sure, there is just something about it, disregarding the countless grammatical mistakes, that suggests to me it's not really a pilot that's written that. What do you think?
Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away...

ZKSUJ

RE: Airline Review... Is This Guy Really A Captain?

Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:20 pm

Even if you were a pilot and you were in a PAX seat, you cannot fault the flight crew. Lets say there was an engine failure or something like that and you experienced a diversion, or maybe a go around or aborted take off, is it their fault? Is it their fault that they had to go around because another aircraft was on the runway?
IMO you cannot fault a pilot from the passengers seat as no one will know the full extent of the situation except the crew in the flight deck.

ba757

Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:52 pm

I agree, it doesn't seem like an educated A330 captain wrote that review - unless the reviewer was foreign and struggles with English, which I think is unlikely. I just can't take the review seriously due to all the : )  Smile in it.

Probably a FS2004 A330 Captain.

Adam

andz

Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:18 pm

Did you see in the introduction:

Does the passenger take regular flights (with any airline)? NO

Where is he flying his A330-200 then if not on regular flights with any airline?

After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...

USAFHummer

Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:40 pm

Since when did September have 39 days???

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

JBLUA320

Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:10 am

Does Monarch really make coach passengers pay for food on a 10 hour flight??

Ben

Newark777

Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:24 am

Maybe he was talking about the pilot's flying during takeoff and climb? He was talking about takeoff in the sentence before, so that might be what he is talking about.

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

SlamClick

Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:12 am

"accurately"

Hell, to find Florida from Gatwick you just fly west across the ocean until you see land, then turn left. When you don't see any more land and they are speaking Spanish, turn around and land on the first dry spot, that will be Florida. Easy. Maybe I could be an A-330 captain too.

No, not with my seniority.
Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.

fritzi

Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:29 am

and it was the best flight I have ever been on

I seriously doubt anyone would experience their best flight on a holiday sardine can carrier, especially if it were a pilot.

LHSebi

Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:04 am

Hell, to find Florida from Gatwick you just fly west across the ocean until you see land, then turn left. When you don't see any more land and they are speaking Spanish, turn around and land on the first dry spot, that will be Florida. Easy. Maybe I could be an A-330 captain too.

No, not with my seniority.

Hahaha! Big grin That was great, thanks!

Sebastian
I guess that's what happens in the end, you start thinking about the beginning.

IHadAPheo

Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:20 am

Wow I am shocked at his review for a variety of reasons...

If this kid is a pilot shouldn't he be flying around in Monarch"s Double Super Secret Titanium Class with his ultra cool daddy who just happens to know Monarch VP in charge of Airstair Lighting.

I am please to see that the web site did include a suggest deletion feature. I am sure that some of us know how to use that function for the benefit of all their readers,

I am proud to say that we do not have any members here who would make posts of that kind here on a.net. Can you imagine the horror of youngster trying to fool people that they are everywhere an aviation event occurs?, that they know more than seasoned travelers and have driven every automobile in the world at high speed down mega spiffy roads in small European towns to Airports they just happen to be able to describe in detail that is so far off the mark that it might cause others to jump out of their Skodas on the way to work.

ZippyHadAPheo
Pray hard but pray with care For the tears that you are crying now Are just your answered prayers

OB1504

Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:23 pm

I am proud to say that we do not have any members here who would make posts of that kind here on a.net. Can you imagine the horror of youngster trying to fool people that they are everywhere an aviation event occurs?, that they know more than seasoned travelers and have driven every automobile in the world at high speed down mega spiffy roads in small European towns to Airports they just happen to be able to describe in detail that is so far off the mark that it might cause others to jump out of their Skodas on the way to work.

Unfortunately, we do have members like that here.  Sad

After reading this guy's review, I'd say he's an FS98 A330 FO or someone trying to be cool. Don't you just hate it when people act like that but what they're saying/typing is littered with errors?

jpetekyxmd80

Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:28 pm

Unfortunately, we do have members like that here.

Oh man, OB, could you not see that was dripping with sarcasm!?

Nice one IHAP!
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

ZKSUJ

Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:36 pm

Maybe he flies the 332 on FS for a virtual airline Big grin

bragi

Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:10 pm

"IFE was good showing Scooby doo 2 and Jersey Girl both of which I thoroughly enjoyed. Thes seat width is superb and the seat pitch is also superb...."

"....the seats looked mega cramped ...."

"...(not forgetting the newspaper which us pilots love to read while everyone watches IFE  Smile )"

Obviously an article written by a professional pilot Big grin.
Muhammad Ali: "Superman don’t need no seat belt." Flight Attendant: "Superman don’t need no airplane, either."

britannia

RE: Airline Review... Is This Guy Really A Captain

Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:27 pm

I flew with Monarch on the 39th September

Yes and every A330 pilot knows that there is 39 days in September.

Iain

fritzi

Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:27 pm

Article was deleted right after I suggested deletion!  Smile