StowAway
Topic Author

Good News From Iraq III

Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:11 am

Well, I think we have had our fair share of the bad side of Iraq. One again, it is time to show some of the good things that are being done by the Coalition Forces.

This is a long essay from an author who has written several pieces emphasizing the good side of not only Iraq, but the forgotten Afghanistan.

http://chrenkoff.blogspot.com/2004/08/good-news-from-iraq-part-7.html

Haters: Please read the whole essay before commenting.
A monkey's ass always talks crap.

Klaus

RE: Good News From Iraq III

Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:27 am

The premise of this thread is entirely beside the point.

"The bad things" occurring in Iraq are no random accidents but are a systemic result of political decisions on several sides.

Of course most people in a situation will try to improve that situation, and most "coalition" troops are no exception.

I just can´t agree to your obvious hope that individual acts of kindness or courage would somehow erase the massive mistakes, misdecisions and deceptions of the leadership. If you´re hoping for that, you´re simply on the wrong track.

StowAway
Topic Author

Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:05 am

Klaus,

I agree with you that the bad things in Iraq are not random. I think that they all lead to various terrorist organizations. Hell, the terrorist organizations make no qualms in admitting their responsibility.

Yes, the results are based on the political decisions made by the Coalition to go to war. However, how can we know what actions would have been taken if different decisions had been made? Maybe they would have been worse? Anything is pure speculation.

I just can´t agree to your obvious hope that individual acts of kindness or courage would somehow erase the massive mistakes, misdecisions and deceptions of the leadership.

Hey, if history has taught us anything, once something is done....it is done. Period... My hope is that we can turn a bad situation around. My hope is that people will look at Iraq in a balanced way. Don't focus on all of the bad news just to pat yourself on the back. (That is not aimed at you personally, Klaus.)

I do disagree with the way you put it as "individual acts," as I believe 99.9% of the troops are carrying out acts of courage, and being selfless everyday.

I really think that everybody wants Iraq to improve.
A monkey's ass always talks crap.

ANCFlyer

Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:21 am

Klaus: just can´t agree to your obvious hope that individual acts of kindness or courage would somehow erase the massive mistakes, misdecisions and deceptions of the leadership

I will agree that nothing will erase the mistakes, indecision and purported deceptions . . . I don't think that's the point of the thread. As with Stowaway's other threads of this nature, the point is to show that not every single incident in Iraq is a crap storm. That there is, in fact, some good happening there.

It is these individual acts of kindness and courage that will, eventually, make a difference. And the sooner the better.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

DC10GUY

Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:37 am

The only thing I care about is making sure gay people don't marry. Who gives a shit about Iraq ???
Next time try the old "dirty Sanchez" She'll love it !!!