USrampleadSTL
Topic Author

This Is A Surreal Place...

Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:30 pm

I've been here about a week now, and I like it a lot. But the drama, the acrimony... it's insane! I mean, I just read the AAplatinum guy's post, and was shocked that someone would bother doing that. Then I scrolled down and discovered that there's a parody website... I was really amazed at that too. What strange internet world have I fallen into?

I had read the forums and looked at pictures on and off without a membership for a few months, then I bought the cheapest one so I could say a couple of things, now I find that after only a week, it's consuming just about all of my spare time. Why is it so addictive? Why was I willing to pay for it at all? (heck, I wasn't just willing--once I had something to say I didn't think twice). How long has this been going on? Will I ever be able to escape from the grasp of airliners.net?
02C14MARPHLFCOMM1 - FLY THE FLAG!

MxCtrlr

RE: This Is A Surreal Place...

Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:37 pm

Welcome to the dark side, Luke! It'll be a real hoot!

MxCtrlr  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Freight Dogs Anonymous - O.O.T.S.K.  Smokin cool
DAMN! This SUCKS! I just had to go to the next higher age bracket in my profile! :-(

planecrazy2

Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:38 pm

Sadly, the answer in no. I've tried many times to stop but just like you It consumes me. I'm always on whenever I get a chance even at school, and when I'm not, I'm thinking about it! Here I am in the middle of the night typing this when I should be asleep. There is no escape, at least not for me.
United Airlines - Worldwide Service

Thom@s

Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:54 pm

Hehe, try rehab.  Big grin

Although I've visited the site whenever online, I can't say that I'm addicted.

Two weeks offline this christmas was great.  Smile

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

QANTASforever

Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:58 pm

Don't you guys find that sometimes just sitting at your computer your hands go into auto-pilot and start typing www.airliners.net/discussions....etc etc??

This site has well and truly consumed my surfing time.

QFF
Fighting for the glory of the Australian Republic.

planecrazy2

Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:08 pm

QF- That happens to me all the time! It's nice to know it's not just me. "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

[Edited 2005-01-18 10:12:36]
United Airlines - Worldwide Service

Twistedwhisper

Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:16 pm

Although I've visited the site whenever online, I can't say that I'm addicted

No, that's right... you can stop whenever you want, right?  Big grin
Read between the lines.

Thom@s

Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:54 pm

Hey, Like I said, I managed 2 weeks without missing the internet just this christmas.  Smile

I believe I could stop if I wanted to. But it isn't consuming my life so much that it keeps me from doing more important stuff.

I was hardly visiting this site during the time I was in the air Force, and yet I never felt like a junkie without stash... Ok, dodgy example, but non the less.  Smile I've made my comeback, and feel I contribute on this site on a perfectly "healthy" basis... Big grin

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

USrampleadSTL
Topic Author

Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:56 pm

5842 looks pretty healthy to me... Even over five years that's more than a post per day!
02C14MARPHLFCOMM1 - FLY THE FLAG!

Thom@s

Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:54 pm

Hoi, what are you implying?  Big grin

Average of 3,7 posts a day.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Thom@s

Lurch

Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:06 pm

Well I've only been posting for a bit and I am thoroughly addicted is there an Airliners.net AAA group out there? hehehehehe!

fightingfalcon

Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:28 pm

I'm not at all addicted... I'm really proud...  Smile
Right now it's the first time I'm here for a few months. I guess I just have better things to do with my spare time...  Smile)

Regards
Martin
Imprezas rule!!