Windows Media Player 10

Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:57 am

Has anyone out there got this new upgrade?
If so is it any good?
I have wmp9 and it plays my radio stations well, i upgrade to wmp10 and it seems like a load of rubbish so i reverted back to the old 9 coz it played better.

can i still play radio without paying for songs on version 10?

whats your thoughts comparing it to version 9?

ooh to ooh to be ooh to be a gooner!

RE: Windows Media Player 10

Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:56 am

I got media player 10 as soon as it came out, downloaded it from the official website. Bad thing is the version I got is Greek, and I don't know how to get rid of it because I don't speak Greek! But a friend donwloaded from the same site about a week later and got the English version which I have on my laptop and it runs really well, got some nice new features on it. I prefer it to wmp; easier to use and it loads quicker, don't use it for radio so can't help you there.

Dan Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

RE: Windows Media Player 10

Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:16 am

PlySpotter, that's really funny cos' I also downloaded version 10 when it first came out and I got it in greek too! This was on my laptop though, when I finally got around to putting it on my desktop machine, the English version was there not Greek.

I got rid of the Greek version on my lappy simply by downloading the English version and installing that, replacing the Greek one. Voila!

I quite like the new version though, I don't listen to the radio so I can't really say too much about that but I've noticed this version has resolved a few issues with the playlist. When I used to start WMP9, the playlist would seem to be in a random order and I'd have to sort it by alphabetical order to find a track. WMP10 seems to keep my preference of how I order tracks.

So basically I like the new version, nice look to it too.

One Life, Live it.