UTA_flyinghigh

Loeb And Citroen Make It 3 In A Row At Monte Carlo

Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:11 pm

From
http://rally.racing-live.com/en/

For the third year in a row, Sébastien Loeb, his Monaco-born co-driver Daniel Elena and the Citroën Xsara have triumphed in rallying's oldest and most prestigious fixture. In addition to leading from start to finish and claiming the highest number of stage wins, they put in a faultless run to add panache to their incontestable success, the eleventh of their career together.

Sébastien's exploit sees him join the ranks of those drivers who have forged the legend of the Monte Carlo Rally, including such celebrated names as Sandro Munari and Walter Röhrl (four wins each, including three-in-a-row), Tommi Mäkinen (four consecutive wins), Didier Auriol and Carlos Sainz (three non consecutive wins each).

Way to go  Big thumbs up
Fly to live, live to fly - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BMI Diamond Club Gold, Emirates Skywards

DABZF

RE: Loeb And Citroen Make It 3 In A Row At Monte Carlo

Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:50 pm

Good going Citroen!

...and what a great race for Toni Gardemeister! First rally on a Focus and a second place (though almost 3 minutes behind Loeb)!  Big thumbs up Next Finnish world champion on the make???
I like driving backwards in the fog cause it doesn't remind me of anything - Chris Cornell

Thom@s

Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:15 pm

Petter Solberg didn't make the finish this year either... shocking!  Smile

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

Alessandro

Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:06 pm

Some wicked spectators have thrown snow on the road, otherwise a clean rally where Seb won yet again. I wonder though about next year, what car
will he drive?
From New Yorqatar to Califarbia...