VH-KCT*
Topic Author

Your Thoughts On New TV Shows

Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:58 pm

Well the ratings season is about to kick back into action here after the usual extended holiday and the re-runs and the crap sitcoms with the recorded laughs are all about to wrap up. There's lots of hype surrounding the new shows (new for us, that is) but before I invest my valuable viewing time, I was hoping to get some reactions from those in the know. Thanks in advance for all thoughts on these,

Lost
Desperate Housewives
Day of Destruction
Amazing Race (not sure what series, but it's the one after the one won by Chip and Kim)
CSI New York
I am The Stig

CPH-R

RE: Your Thoughts On New TV Shows

Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:10 pm

Lost certainly looks interesting, but we've only gotten to the 3rd episode so far (they started last weekend). Also, I watch Amazing Race whenever I can, because it's so freaking hilairous - I mean, I laughed my rear end off when Danny & Oswald went shopping in Hong Kong, while everyone was freaking out at the airport, and still managed to be the first to get to Sydney.

stlgph

Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:11 am

I don't really care much for any of the CSI's outside of the "original" show in Las Vegas. Pretty soon CBS will be establishing new cities just to make new CSI shows. Just like NBC will be creating new days of the week so they can add another Dateline.

I find Desperate Housewives to be along the lines of flat and boring. Does anybody think for one minute that ANYBODY who looks ANYTHING like Terri Hatcher or Nicolette Sheridan would be DESPERATE?

Lost is just unrealistic from the get go and never captured my opinion at all.

Amazing Race is always fun to watch, in my opinion.

On the other hand, BAD Fox for cancelling one of the funniest and most ingenious shows they have ever aired...My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

tristarenvy

Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:39 am

Where's "Boston Legal"? What a great show. Watch it alone for the "Shatner Factor". I swear, James Spader does the best "William Shatner" on that show. I usually avoid ABC shows but my wife digs "Desperate", and we stayed on ABC when it was over, as there was nothing on, anywhere else. I get a huge laugh out of that show, every time I watch it.

Where is "Destruction"?

And the only good thing to come from Fox's "Obnoxious Boss" was that it's cancellation made room for "Family Guy/Simpson's" re-runs!
If you don't stand for SOMETHING, you'll fall for ANYTHING.

desertjets

Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:52 am

Of the crop of new shows "Arrested Development" gets the nod from me.

Some of the newer shows that I like such as "Scrubs" have moved into horrible timeslots (it should still be on Thursday not Tuesdays) and I don't catch them as much as I used to. Throw in the fact that most of the primetime line-up is riddled with realty shows (good and bad) that there isn't a a network right now that has a good solid sit-com/drama primetime lineup.

If I am even paying attention to the TV I am watching the re-runs of Friends/Raymond/Seinfeld on TBS more than anything else.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia