Logan22L
Topic Author

Restaurants In Detroit/Ferndale

Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:07 am

Hey all: My girlfriend and I are off to DTW weekend after next. Winter's been a real bitch here in BOS, so we decided to get away, and naturally, Detroit immediately jumped to mind. We are staying with some friends, and we'd like to take them out for dinner at least once. Any ideas for nice restaurants in the Ferndale area? Nothing too fancy, but definitely upscale and casual; in the ~$20 per plate range. No limit on ethnicity, we like all types of food.

Thanks,

Logan

[Edited 2005-02-02 21:19:29]
"The deeper you go, the higher you fly. The higher you fly, the deeper you go."

dtwclipper

RE: Restaurants In Detroit/Ferndale

Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:58 am

Drive just a little north to Royal Oak, and you will find a lot of places.

Downtown, try "small plates" right across the street from the Detroit Opera House. If they have not been there, it will be great fun.

Let me know were you go.

dtwclipper

Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

CaptOveur

Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:05 am

OK so winter has been a bitch in Boston so you are going to go to Detroit Michigan? Don't most people go further south like Florida when they want to get away from winter?

Am I missing something?
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

nwajetset

Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:07 am

There used to be a t-shirt that read "I'm so bad I vacation in Detroit!" We need to get you one of those. You rock! Try www.metrotimes.com or www.hourdetroit.com. There are many cool restaurants in Ferndale. Howe's Bayou is a personal favorite. After that be sure to check out the Post Bar across the street. Have fun!

Logan22L
Topic Author

Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:09 am

Capt: Yes. This:  Wink/being sarcastic.
Friend of ours is having a baby shower that my girlfriend is going to, and I'm going to drink beer, fart and eat greasy food while all the women go "OOOOO, isn't that cute?" Previous comment notwithstanding, I am still looking for some nice non-greasy places to take them. Thanks for the ideas so far.

Logan

[Edited 2005-02-02 22:13:43]
"The deeper you go, the higher you fly. The higher you fly, the deeper you go."