MSYtristar
Topic Author

I Talked To Gene Simmons Today

Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:36 pm

Well old Gene was leaving our fair city this afternoon after what was most likely a weekend full of sex and booze for him. In any case, he was walked up to the ticket counter and showed me his AA ticket. He was inquiring about what gate he had to go to. When I showed it to him on his boarding pass (First Class to LGA of course) he said "why do they make the bloody print so small? Let me see one of your tickets." I went ahead and showed him one of ours, and he thought ours was much better. He also said that "Air Tran is a stupid name for an airline" and asked me "do you guys give lap dances on your flights?" I told him only after 9pm and he walked away and said thanks for the assistance. Nice guy overall. Really tall. I'm sure he was just glad to have a somewhat normal conversation with someone. You just never know who you'll see/meet in an airport.

phxairfan

RE: I Talked To Gene Simmons Today

Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:09 pm

A friend of mine said she saw rim riding as the King in a parade, I forget which one. She made some comment about understanding why he wore make up and that in person he was hideous lol. Would be interesting to meet him none the less.

PacificWestern

Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:57 pm

His sister-in-law (well, sort of as Shannon and Gene aren't married in the paper sense) is a good friend of mine and she speaks very highly of him. He's apparently a VERY nice person and a total family man.

dl021

Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:49 pm

OK....msy....thats cool. Simmons is one of the cool ones, who uses his brain as well as style to entertain.

I've been a fan of his since he wrote the intro to a Batman compendium 25 years ago.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

SlamClick

Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:01 am

In about 1976 KISS played San Diego. They parked their plane up next to the fence at the east end of SAN, next to Boom Trenchard's a restaurant. The roadies had already come and gone and here was KISS on board their plane with no makeup. Hundreds of fans with cameras on the other side of the fence, half a wingspan away and KISS can't get to their limos without being paparazzi'd at the height of their secretive phase.

I had to leave before the little drama played out.
Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.

NKP S2

Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:23 am

Well old Gene was leaving our fair city this afternoon after what was most likely a weekend full of sex and booze for him.

Lotsa sex, but he's never been a drinker, despite the whole rock star flambouyance image.

Ace and Pete were the boozers though.

Congrats on meeting one of the gods of rock.

aa61hvy

Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:25 am

I met Nick Lachey in the Admirals club in LGA, we talked about college bball (his old college had just beaten my current school). It was a couple minute conversation, real good guy.
Go big or go home

KROC

Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:37 am

What in the blue hell does Nick Simpson errrrrrr Lachey have to do with Gene Simmons???

aa61hvy

Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:40 am

Just thought I'd interject meeting another celebrity.
Go big or go home

slider

Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:12 am

Gene Simmons is in fact a tee-totaler. Has never drank, done drugs, etc.

Sex, and dressing in wild outlandish kabuki-style makeup, it would seem are his only vices.

I've heard him several times on various TV and talk radio outlets and the guy is **amazingly** well spoken and intelligent. Has some insightful libertarian positions when discussing politics, and I don't say lightly that I wish he would run for office.

CaptOveur

Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:07 am

I dream of Richard Simmons.. Does that count?

Signed,
KROC
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

AGC525

Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:22 am

A few friends of mine have met him, and told me he was an ass. Just the other day the local disk jockey's were talking about him how he is the same way.

Beats me, I never met him.
American Aviation: From Kitty Hawk to the Moon in 66 years!

L-188

Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:09 am

I dream of Richard Simmons.. Does that count?

Aren't they brothers?
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Superfly

Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:27 pm

That's cool you met Gene Simmons. He is a smart guy and I like his style and contribution to rock music. The evoq the essence of what rock & roll is all about. Rock hard, make lots of money and bang a lot of chicks in the process. That is the American dream!  Big thumbs up
I have an audio cassette recording of him on National Public Radio (NPR) with Terry Gross. It was an amazing showdown egos.

NKP S2:
Congrats on meeting one of the gods of rock.

He is not a God of rock. He is a God of Thunder! (Destroyer LP 1976) Big grin

Slider:
I don't say lightly that I wish he would run for office.

I agree 100%!
He is the kind of Republican I like. I wish the GOP was more like Gene Simmons and less like W and Bill Frist.
He is a hardcore hedonist much like myself but all he wants is a huge tax cut.
The fundamentalist religious types need to go to hell, and they will!  Pissed

Bring back the Concorde