UTA_flyinghigh
Topic Author

What Effects Does Drinking Alcohol Have On You?

Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:05 pm

How do you react after having yoo much to drink ?
For instance, 707cmf gets viloent and punches other people's noses, whereas I tend to fall asleep.
You ?

UTA
Fly to live, live to fly - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BMI Diamond Club Gold, Emirates Skywards

EGGD

RE: What Effects Does Drinking Alcohol Have On You?

Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:09 pm

I make friends with ALOT of people...!

SLC1

Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:10 pm

I get happy, then inwardly self-reflective, until I fall asleep.
We're gonna do what we like to call a "jetBlue how do you do", which is slang for dumping a bunch of fuel in the ocean

curlyheadboy

Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:18 pm

I'm so unlucky: I feel sick soon after i get high  Sad

If God had wanted men to fly he would have given them more money...

MYT332

Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:22 pm

My speech centre goes to pot but I'm usually alright if I can avoid any Elbonian fools. If I meet these sad creatures, then I usually get hit or something.  Laugh out loud

I normally smoke more than usual as well, meh.
One Life, Live it.

xpat

Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:20 pm

Not sure the effects on me, but it makes those around me more interesting.  Big grin
The only thing we have to fear is the sky falling on our heads. -Asterix

stlgph

Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:28 pm

For some people, the more they drink the more of a superstar they become....Super Man, Incredible Hulk, Tom Jones, etc.

For me, it's more like Grace Slick.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

alcregular

RE: What Effects Does Drinking Alcohol Have On You

Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:13 pm

It depends on what Im drinking. If it's Smirnoff Ice, I can drink it until it's coming out of my ears, but if it's cheap vodka, im not too bad, it's when I drink about 10 small bottles of wine, then im really bad. I can lie in bed all day and be really ill, like I was after my cousins wedding party last year, I was bad as I got of the taxi, crying saying Im sorry, but I don't know what I was sorry for. Not like me at all, must have been the demon drink, lol.
Why drive when you can fly?

Thom@s

Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:24 pm

Well, after telling off the floor for not standing still, I tend to have many interesting conversations... often with people I don't know. Must be fun to be sober at those times and analyse the conversations...  Smile

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

phxairfan

Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:36 pm

I usually get really hungry and try to find someone sober and or more sober than myself to take me to jack in the box. Unfortunately they only have a drive thru open 24 hours, otherwise I would just walk there as drunk walking is no sweat. Otherwise I usually get really friendly and generally just stay in a good mood. A lot of people I know seem to lose all control, but I don't ever seem to have that problem. Maybe I don't drink enough.

USAFHummer

Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:13 am

Usually I become real close friends with Mr. Garbage Can, which I hate because throwing up sucks, and then the dehyrdation that follows and possible hangover the next day sucks even more, but I live...

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

Logan22L

Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:22 am

Must be fun to be sober...  Nuts

I don't understand  Confused

Stlgph: Nice Gracie analogy  Big thumbs up
"The deeper you go, the higher you fly. The higher you fly, the deeper you go."

Sabena332

Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:39 am

Usually I am getting hungry and I smoke more cigarettes when I drunk a few beers.

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

HAWK21M

Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:00 am

Get more Friendly,Talk a lot more  Smile
That was before I Quit.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

seb146

Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:53 am

My lips get numb and I am really happy to see people. I get chatty and hug anyone I have ever met. Let's flash back to New Years Eve, shall we? I was in Seattle. I had several beers at several bars on Capitol Hill and three baby bottles of champagne. I ended up walking/staggering/crawling or whatever from my perch on Queen Anne Hill back to the bars on Capitol Hill (about 3 miles the route I took) and was on my phone the whole time with James and Elaine having a conversation like: "I love you both and I miss working and partying with you and how I love you both so I hope you get well soon because I want to party with you and did I mention I love you guys?"

GO CANUCKS!!
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

OV735

Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:30 am

Most of the time, it gets me drunk.

And when I'm drunk, I sometimes peacefully try to navigate through the bar until someone violently and almost always intentionally steps on my fingers or the back of my head.

Oh, and my IQ skyrockets but the ability of express myself is left where it was, so when I talk there's not much point behind it since the IQ is still orbiting the planet.

ScottishLaddie

Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:59 am

Unfortunately they only have a drive thru open 24 hours, otherwise I would just walk there as drunk walking is no sweat.

Have you ever thought of walking through the drive through?  Big grin Could raise a few laughs....

flybyguy

Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:08 am

The slightest bit of liquor makes me groggy and quiet. I sleep like a baby only to wake up in the morning with that awful liquor/stale-mouth aftertaste.
"Are you a pretender... or a thoroughbred?!" - Professor Matt Miller

Newark777

Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:13 am

I usually get really talkative, and don't shut up. I become really personable and make conversation with everyone. Better, I guess, than a sad or mean drunk. Not that I would know, being only 18.  Big grin

Have you ever thought of walking through the drive through?

Not as exciting as you would think.  Smile

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

ScottishLaddie

Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:45 am

Not as exciting as you would think.

Maybe next time you should make the same noises as the car?  Big grin

PlymSpotter

Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:17 am

I tend to talk a lot, get excited about the slightest thing and have difficulty going to sleep, after that I wake up normal, not hung over and ready to do it all again.

I've vowed never to get completely drunk again though after I got hammered in Spain last year and on my way home tried to sit on one of those imaginary walls... hence I woke up the next morning on a bush in a ditch.
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

Ch1nsAc

Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:22 am

Have sex with women. Ugh.

Signed,

99% of A.net

bill142

Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:36 am

Batt off to pictures of shaved sheep

Signed,

gkirk

NorskMan

Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:39 am

I don't slur, i don't stagger, i just tend to hit on older women. I also smoke way more...and all i drink at the bar is beer...
yeah i know

aerorobnz

Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:55 am

I get more opinionated.... Wink/being sarcastic I tend to be the guy at the party that has all the interesting discussions with everybody, then once i get more pissed I get randy and hit on any females that meet my 'quality control' standards. Surprisingly even when I'm pissed I have reasonable taste. At the end of the night I'm the one who doesn't get tired either.
Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

Newark777

Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:00 am

I tend to talk a lot, get excited about the slightest thing and have difficulty going to sleep, after that I wake up normal, not hung over and ready to do it all again.

I know exactly what you are talking about!  Smile

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

SWA TPA

Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:37 am

I get VERY talkative and VERY affectionate with everybody.
I love everyone. Male, female, it makes no difference to me, I will loooove you! It's allllllll good with a few drinks in me!!!  Smile

SWA TPA
I believe I can fly.....

Douglas DC-9

Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:00 am

I get dizzy sometimes, and my reaction time for things is slower. But I know some people who get rea ugly and start fighting and ugh it gets bad. I hate ugly drunks......

DC-9-32

phxairfan

Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:25 am

"Have you ever thought of walking through the drive through? Could raise a few laughs.... "

They wouldn't even serve a guy on a bike, I know they won't serve me on foot. The car noises is a good one to try though.  Wink/being sarcastic

StarAC17

Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:00 pm

Have you ever thought of walking through the drive through? Could raise a few laughs....

I've seen that done and done it myself but I wasn't hungry that night as I was with a bunch of friends that were.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

aerorobnz

Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:08 pm

"Have you ever thought of walking through the drive through?"
Yes I have, it's funny when the order is taken they don't know that you are just walking, then when you come up to the window to collect it & pay they go all shitty, give you your meal & tell you never to come back to that restaurant....
Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

sovietjet

Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:11 pm

I start making theories about life, especially about why girls are stupid to deal with. Also I use alot of physics and math to explain my theories for some reason. My friends told me I used physics to explain why an ex-girlfriend of mine was stupid once.

whitehatter

Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:16 pm

I start becoming friendly, even towards Australians and other lower forms of life.

Then I want to have sex with ugly people.

Two major reasons why I gave up drinking.
Lead me not into temptation, I can find my own way there...

ClassicLover

Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:36 pm

SWA TPA - me too!!!!

I get really really chatty, and really really affectionate, with everyone, even people I really don't like!

Trent  Smile
I do quite enjoy a spot of flying - more so when it's not in Economy!

saxdiva

Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:08 pm

Seb146,

I was on my phone the whole time with James and Elaine having a conversation like: "I love you both and I miss working and partying with you and how I love you both so I hope you get well soon because I want to party with you and did I mention I love you guys?"

Oh, man... I get just like that. I'm deliriously happy, love everyone, and need to tell them RIGHT THEN. Once I got totally hammered in New Orleans, and my brother (he and I were working a tradeshow together) thought it was so funny he had to call his wife--at about midnight--and let her hear my performance. At the time, I was using the bed in my hotel room as a trampoline and singing. I'd never had so much fun in my entire life.

Needless to say, I did NOT experience the same happiness the next day. For some reason, I seem have a very narrow gap between happy and miserably ill... one I have underestimated more often than I care to admit.

-Leanne