EZEIZA
Topic Author

Ronaldo To Rent Plane For Wedding?

Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:26 pm

I read that the Real Madrid player Ronaldo is going to charter a plane from Madrid to Paris in order to fly his teammates. If this is confirmed, Any idea on what aircraft he will rent? Maybe for about 50 people (palyers, wives and a few others) ... what do you think?
Carp aunque ganes o pierdas ...

N1120A

RE: Ronaldo To Rent Plane For Wedding?

Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:28 pm

Is he getting married again? Too bad he cannot cover his man as well as he covers his women Big grin. If he could, Henry would have some company at the top of the striker heap
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

POR2GAL

Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:35 pm

That's the problem with Ronaldo! He's even worse covering his women!!!  Big thumbs up

Ahh, he can afford to charter a 747, and might have too! All those Ref's that treat him like a god will want to come too!

Maybe Real will let him use their Charter?

Xiao.
Spotters, Inc.

N1120A

Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:49 pm

>That's the problem with Ronaldo! He's even worse covering his women!!!
Ahh, he can afford to charter a 747, and might have too! All those Ref's that treat him like a god will want to come too!
Maybe Real will let him use their Charter?<

Or he could charter an Iberia A346. Then the world's most overrated player can fly the world's most overrated aircraft  Big thumbs up. Sorry, I really could not exist, Iberia employees need not come and flame

NIKV69

Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:55 pm

Is he marrying a Brazilian girl? He is a God there! Yes he has the funds to charter anything he wants. Defense? No Brazilain player wants to play defense! They want to get goals at the other end!
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

N1120A

Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:00 pm

>No Brazilain player wants to play defense! They want to get goals at the other end!<

And don't forget breaking the nose of the host nation's best player and midfielder win that game by the skin of their teeth then win the cup because of injury to other players. Ok, no more football talk

POR2GAL

Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:05 pm

Sheesh...do I sense someone being upset over the last World Cup?!?

Aviation, people...Aviation.

Smile

Xiao!
Spotters, Inc.

PPVRA

Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:08 pm

Then the world's most overrated player can fly the world's most overrated aircraft

ExcusME, WHERE was Zidane in 2002??? Hmm... maybe if ZIDANE had made the MOST goals in the last world cup France would have won it for the ...hmmm.. let's see.... second time????  Nuts

Ronaldo has 3 world cups in his back, 2 victories and one very strange "second" place...

Not to mention he's been around for a while now, not the youngest guy on the team... nor the best knee.

You guys are so JEALOUS it HURTS!!!!!!  Laugh out loud

PENTACAMPEAO!!!!!!!!  Smokin cool

PPVRA  Big thumbs up
"If goods do not cross borders, soldiers will" - Frederic Bastiat

N1120A

Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:12 pm

>Sheesh...do I sense someone being upset over the last World Cup?!? <

Actually, that grudge goes back to America 94. The last World Cup was a crazy affair that involved one of my 3 teams (Iran) out due to pressure from the government to lose and not see riots even though they are consistantly the best team in Asia, another (France) being the best team in the world and losing focus because of their exhaustive schedule and the third (US) doing their best ever only to dominate the game against Germany and lose the chance to tie when they did not get a hand ball called. It did culminate in me partying in the streets in Berlin after it all, and that was cool. BTW, I flew an HP A320, LH A342 and LH A313 to get to Berlin (there is your aviation Big grin).

POR2GAL

Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:13 pm

Hey, no doubt I'm jealous of Ronaldo! I'd do anything to have just 25% of what he has!!  Big thumbs up

Xiao!
Spotters, Inc.

N1120A

Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:18 pm

>ExcusME, WHERE was Zidane in 2002??? Hmm... maybe if ZIDANE had made the MOST goals in the last world cup France would have won it for the ...hmmm.. let's see.... second time????<

He and the rest were way too overtaxed from all the winning they were doing the previous 4 years. Still, no excuse.

>Ronaldo has 3 world cups in his back, 2 victories and one very strange "second" place...<

Like I said, that first win was a very strange "first" place

>You guys are so JEALOUS it HURTS!!!!!!<

The word in this situation would be envy (most people miss that one) and not really. Well, I would like to get paid what he does for playing 10 minutes a match  Big thumbs up.

NIKV69

Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:23 pm

N1120A,

If you go with that thinking Italy should of beat Brasil in 94' if Baggio didn't hurt his hammy in the semis!

I got to tell you I like KAKA now! He is awesome! He play for SP still?

N1120A

Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:32 pm

>If you go with that thinking Italy should of beat Brasil in 94' if Baggio didn't hurt his hammy in the semis!<

You mean was hacked by the Bulgarian? That is the thinking, along with Leonardo breaking Tab Ramos' nose and knocking him out of the game, which hampered a US team that was doing a great job of ball control. After that, Brasil got their 1 goal and the US could not recover.

PPVRA

Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:52 pm

another (France) being the best team in the world and losing focus because of their exhaustive schedule

Exhaustive schedule?!?! Too bad they couldn't keep up!!  Big grin

Hey, no doubt I'm jealous of Ronaldo! I'd do anything to have just 25% of what he has!!

Well, I would like to get paid what he does for playing 10 minutes a match

LOL...Nice spin guys!!  Nuts

Like I said, that first win was a very strange "first" place

We beat Italy fair and square in the after time (or whatever the english term is).

BTW, didn't France beat italy the SAME way in the semi-finals in 98?

After that, Brasil got their 1 goal and the US could not recover.

Leonardo was an idiot, but he got kicked out for good and the game was fair.

2006 is for HEXA champion!!

Cheers  Big thumbs up

PPVRA

NIKV69

Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:53 pm

That game was something! US was staying with Brasil and Brasil was shitting their pants. Though Alexi Lalas was such a slow defender and looked so bad on that goal. It was some game! I almost cried when Baggio's PK went over the net.  Crying

N1120A

Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:59 pm

>Leonardo was an idiot, but he got kicked out for good and the game was fair.<

Wasn't that idiot the captain? Also, Tab Ramos was the US best player and lost for the rest of the game, precluding them from scoring.

NIKV69

Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:16 pm

PPVRA,

Your right, you guys won fair and square. The extra period I believe is referred to as overtime. Hey my girlfriend lives in SP so I hear it all the time! Angry

FLY2LIM

Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:17 pm

N1120A:

Wasn't that idiot the captain? Also, Tab Ramos was the US best player and lost for the rest of the game, precluding them from scoring.

I was at that game and what you say is not exactly correct. First, Leonardo (#16) only wishes he could have been captain of that Tetra team. I believe either Bebeto (who scored) or Romario were the captains. Let's get our facts straight here.
Tabare Ramos was not the best US player, and he was a midfielder, so he wouldn't necessarily have scored. I would say that the injury (very cheap elbow to the face, basically ending his career) got the crowd at Stanford Stadium (which was a blanket of yellow and "red, white, and blue") more in favor of the hosts. However, Bebeto got away for a second and scored a ball that, if he tried another 20 times, he would miss 19.

Is he getting married again? Too bad he cannot cover his man as well as he covers his women

Ronaldo is a forward. Who is he supposed to "cover"?

Ronaldo has 3 world cups in his back, 2 victories and one very strange "second" place...

Not to mention he's been around for a while now, not the youngest guy on the team... nor the best knee.

Ronaldo tore up his knee TWICE, the first time around the age of 22. That injury usually ends a player's career. He has rebounded and has continued maintaining his status as a top 10 player.
It's so wonderful to sit in someone's living room and criticize someone who makes a living playing football in one of the best teams in the world in one of the top leagues in the world. He makes a lot of money, plays football, and dates beautiful women. And he gets to charter any airplane he wants. Come on now, quit being jealous of him.

Back to aviation, when he got married, Diego Armando Maradona chartered a (I believe) 747 to ferry his family/friends from Argentina to Italy. I think I read that this was actually cheaper and safer for him than to have everyone fly commercial. I'm sure Ronaldo is going to do the same for the same reasons. You think he's only chartering one airplane from Paris. I wouldn't be surprised if another one comes from Brasil with family and friends.
By the way, I am neither Brazilian or Spanish. I just love football.
FLY2LIM

Faucett. La primera linea aerea del Peru.

N1120A

Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:07 pm

>Ronaldo is a forward. Who is he supposed to "cover"?<

Other forwards and midfielders while they are in his zone. Ever see the way Henry takes a ball away from someone, or even McBride? I am not saying he needs to stay at the back and hound someone, but he just gives up if it is not put on his foot.

Anyway, it will be cool to hear the plane(s) he is chartering for his newest nuptuals. Nothing compared to the planes Bill Gates has chartered at times, and into what airports. My uncle once talked to 757s and 747s! that he chartered into JNU (before anyone says anything, JNU has an 8500 foot runway, so it is plenty for a 747 to make it back to SEA)

hardiwv

Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:36 pm

Is he marrying a Brazilian girl?

Yes, Daniella Cicarelli:

Rgs,

northwest 777

Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:58 pm

Well, I guess by now I'm the one off-topic for not talking about soccer, or as the rest of the intelligent world calls it, "football," (which brings up another point while I'm thinking about it, why do we in the USA always feel we have to be "special" or different and call a sport, in this case, different from what it is called all over the rest of the world. But I digress.) But ANYWAY, I just had to say that this quote that was posted by N1120A was absolutely hilarious to me but apparently either no one else thought so as well, or everyone knows this to be true, therefore it isn't funny (I've got to admit that while I've heard of the guy, I don't follow what we arrogant Americans (  Big grin ) call soccer.)

"Or he could charter an Iberia A346. Then the world's most overrated player can fly the world's most overrated aircraft  Big thumbs up."

I don't want to start any way so I won't give my opinion on it one way or another, but this was damn funny. I had to laugh outloud. Probably woke up my roommate in the other end of the house. Big grin

Wow, this post went on a lot longer than it needed to considering I didn't offer anything useful to the conversation. Man, I need to finally get to sleep!

JoKeR

Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:06 pm

Yeah.... for that girl.... hmmm... at least a DC-10.

Ok, ok, DC-10 series 30  Laugh out loud
Kafa, čaj, šraf?

NIKV69

Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:08 pm

Hardiwv,

My Lord!  Wow!

I said it before and I am going to say it again. Brazilain women are the best in the world!

I have been to Brazil many times and this just gets proven more and more!

hardiwv

Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:21 pm

Brazilain women are the best in the world! I have been to Brazil many times and this just gets proven more and more!

Big thumbs up

Rj111

Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:27 pm

Then the world's most overrated player

You're right Ronaldo is the world's most overrated player, well, Christiano Ronaldo.

And some Brazilians are great defenders/defensive midfielders

Lucio
Emerson
Gilberto

FLY2LIM

Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:41 am

I said it before and I am going to say it again. Brazilain women are the best in the world!

I don't disagree, but have you been to Argentina? Venezuela? Even Colombia and Peru and Chile? Check it out.

You're right Ronaldo is the world's most overrated player, well, Christiano Ronaldo.

Hmmmm, Cristiano Ronaldo is 19 years old and he starts for Manchester United. I guess you guys better stay with making comments about airplanes, because you don't seem to understand football too well.  Smile

Funny how this thread has really morphed.

FLY2LIM

POR2GAL

Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:46 am

"You're right Ronaldo is the world's most overrated player, well, Christiano Ronaldo."

Don't go there! Christiano is only 19, and look at what he's done. Rooney couldn't come close! Some Brits are against him simply because he's from Portugal. Yea, it's called Racism.

You can't deny that at this rate, he'll be the best in the world bar none in 4 - 5 years.

Let's get back to Aviation.

Xiao!

[Edited 2005-02-11 20:47:12]
Spotters, Inc.

NIKV69

Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:19 am

FLY2LIM,

Argentina has beautiful women, Paraguay, Uruguay and Chile as well. For the most part South America has the most beautiful women in this world!

As for Brasil playing defense, It's an illusion. You see every team that plays Brasil never attacks them full on because they know if Brasil wins the ball even in front of their own goal they can get down field in a blink of an eye and once their attackers touch the ball and you don't have at least two defenders in front of them and facing them it's over. You will hear this, GOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLL!!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

FLY2LIM

Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:49 am

NIK:
As I said, I watched Brazil play 2 games live, and I've watched countless of games on tv. I don't know what games you people watch. The ones I saw had an imposing defensive line that allowed few goals in the World Cup.
My point was why anyone complained that Ronaldo doesn't play defense. He is a striker and, as such, they have the task of getting free and scoring. Even Thierry Henry doesn't play defense, although he can run like the wind and does win a lot of loose balls.
As far as the most beautiful women in the world, they are everywhere. To the japanese man, a japanese woman is beautiful. To an african man, an african woman is beautiful. So, it's a matter of taste. However, no one should presume that I don't think South American women are beautiful, because they are.
FLY2LIM

hardiwv

Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:15 am

I don't disagree, but have you been to Argentina? Venezuela? Even Colombia and Peru and Chile? Check it out.

FLY2LIM: You're right...BUT there is one thing: Brazilians are the most sexy!
 Smile

FLY2LIM

Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:33 am

Hardi:

don't mean to sound repetitive but ...

Not sure if you are aware of this but Univision (Spanish language television network in the United States) shows the Miss Venezuela beauty contest nationwide (system wide) every year. Many latin men consider Venezuelan women as the most "beautiful" in Latin America. Don't forget that they have won the Miss Universe title many times.

As I said before, beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder.

FLY2LIM: You're right...BUT there is one thing: Brazilians are the most sexy!

To me, personally, I find Argentinian women irresistible. Of course, I also have a warm spot (wet spot???) for Peruvian women. I am not crazy about women from Brazil. Yes, they are beautiful, I like a different type.

No one should take offense here. I am praising all women and giving a personal preference.

NIKV69

Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:45 am

If you want to see a country play defense I suggest you watch Italia, they have one of the best defenses in the world.

Brazil plays a decent defense but if you watch the team attacking them does so very conservatively. Knowing that Brasil can counter and attack faster than anyone. Brasil's brand of football is goals, goals and more goals. Shirt pulling and other tactics as well. Dunga was famous for that. They don't want to play in the air because Brasilian players are smaller than most. They want to just get the ball to the attack. Which one or two passes and it's over. I never cared for Ronaldo, He was very good but I like KaKa much better. He is a complete player who is fast, passes as well as scored and can play in the air, I was in Natal watching him on TV and he scored on the best header I ever saw! GOALLLLLLLLLLLL!!!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

South American women are the best in the world, they are so tall too! I love that and have the best Asses!

IBERIA747

Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:23 am

Hmmm...my vote goes to Argentinian and Uruguayan women.

Brazilians and Venezuelans are just overrated for me.
¡¡VIVA ESPAÑA!!

hardiwv

Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:29 am

Guys, just look what countries produces the majority of international top models: Brazil.

Rgs,

gkirk

Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:37 am

Worlds over-rated players:
Wayne Rooney (Teenge thug)
Michael Owen
David Beckham

Need I go on?
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

IBERIA747

Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:24 am

Hardi,

We all know pretty well your feelings towards Brazil, but the thing you mention doesn't demonstrate anything...those models are not a real example of the Brazilian woman. If we judge each country just becuase they have beautiful models then every country would have the most beautiful ones.

Yes...there are nice looking girls in Brazil indeed, but still, nothing special (I've been there and there's a BIG percentage of absolutely not-good-looking girls if compared to other countries), and they lack the charm and the class of their Argentinian and Uruguayan neighbours.

[Edited 2005-02-12 01:31:01]
¡¡VIVA ESPAÑA!!

NIKV69

Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:24 am

Hardiwv,

Welcome to my respected user list!!!  Big thumbs up  Big thumbs up  Big thumbs up

I couldn't have said it any better. No other country produces more hot women with a height of 6 foot!

Those guys are overrated, that is why I like watching Kaka and Totti from Italy.

Aviationhack

Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:31 am

Being from the US, I know nothing of soccer, but after hearing of some fan chopping his junk off for some soccer related incident, not sure I want to find out much more  Wow!

PPVRA

Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:48 am

IBERIA747 and FLY2LIM,

You guys are taking this WAAAAAAAAY to serious  Nuts

But anyways... we do have the best looking girls, by far and VERY charming too  Big grin

Relax guys  Big thumbs up

PPVRA

POR2GAL

Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:50 am

Yea, crazy nikumpop!!

Cutting off your testicles and showing up the bar where you made the bet, and plopping them on the counter, isn't exactly my definition of futebol fan. That's my definition of a nut house candidate (no pun intended)!  Big grin

Anyhow, I think every country in the world is home to hot women. I have never been on a vacation where I haven't found at least two women I wanted to get with, and usually got with at least one!!!  Big grin Big grin

Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Canada, US, Poland, Portugal, UK, India, China, Japan, etc, etc.... are some of the countries I've visited, and WOW  Wow!, never have I been un-impressed!

Xiao!
Spotters, Inc.

IBERIA747

Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:51 am

PPVRA,

I'm cool mate!  Smile

Nobody throws stones on their own roof, right? Big grin You really are patriotic.

Back to the topic, how many people is Ronaldo inviting to his wedding? Is Milene still here in Madrid?

[Edited 2005-02-12 01:57:11]
¡¡VIVA ESPAÑA!!

teva

Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:44 pm

The party will take place here:
http://www.chateaudechantilly.com/index_en.html
This fantastic castle is very close from CDG
And if you visit the castle, do not forget the horse museum in the old stables (the building that is bigger than the castle itself....)
http://www.musee-vivant-du-cheval.fr/gb/index_anglais.htm
Teva
Ecoute les orgues, Elles jouent pour toi...C'est le requiem pour un con

Rj111

Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:11 pm

Don't go there! Christiano is only 19, and look at what he's done. Rooney couldn't come close! Some Brits are against him simply because he's from Portugal. Yea, it's called Racism.

He's an overrated one-trick pony. Only if he starts putting in great through balls and long passes - like Robben and Reyes do and hell even Rui Costa if you think it's about nationality - will i call him a good player. Until then, this is all he is.....

erikwilliam

Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:21 am

ahhhhhh, nothing beats the love does it?!?!
she´s hot, but was she a top super model here?NOOOO.
after she started dating Ronaldo her fees doubled to perform at fashion shows etc.
Ronaldo is just a soccer player that came from a poor family and now is F**ing rich, and now this girl that comes from a midle class family and would never look at him is going to marry him?!?!
Only love and the world´s best player can explain some things, right?!
As for the women in Brazil, ,YES they´re hot, but be sure, we have a lot of but ugly ladies too.It all depend´s what U like, black, white, chinese, japanese, europeans, we have it all.
This carnaval I went to Floripa in Santa Catarina, in the south of Brazil, and if any of you gentlemen likes women, please go there, ahhhhhhhh, I was quite crazy.
Anyway´s, for U frechis, sorry U have one title over us and we have 5 over the world.
And for those who said that the title in US was only because Italy was injured: is it our fault that Baggio can support the pressure as, let´s say, Michael Jordan?!?

Nice week guys
Dida, Cafu, Lucio, Roque Junior, Roberto Carlo, Emerson, Ze Roberto, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Adriano, Robinho, Ronaldo

rg828

Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:04 am

Rj111,

That little animation applies not only to C. Ronaldo, but to so many!

If I were a defender, and saw someone do that half-jig, break-dance act I would aim straight at an ankle and a knee. Its so irritating to look at!

Ooooohhhh!! Looks good on TV though.....

I dont know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone