cragley

Turkýsh Flýrtatýon

Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:22 pm

Hey there

I am currently ýn ýstanbul and havýng a blast! Thýs has got to be one of the worlds best cýtýes. There ýs SO much to do and ýts relatývely ýnexpensýve.

I guess the frustratýng part ýs that the men are SO flýrtacýous wýth people. I dont know ýf they are tryýng to come onto me, or ýf they just want to sell me somethýng.

Is thýs a cultural thýng? Are they always so forthcomýng?

thanks

iakobos

RE: Turkýsh Flýrtatýon

Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:28 pm

Give it a try, you'll see. Don't forget to give us a report.

MYT332

Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:08 pm

Cragley, whats up with the i key on your keyboard?

Quoting Cragley (reply 0):
ýts relatývely ýnexpensýve.

Laugh out loud
One Life, Live it.

qr332

Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:28 pm

I'm guessing hes typing on a turkish keyboard - the same happened to me when I was there. The Is are a different key or something.
"The greatest threat to knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

pilotaydin

Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:47 am

haha you're def in turkey, probably at an internet cafe with the keyboard set to TR, because ur "I" is coming out without a dot over!  Smile

the men aren't flirty by turkish and also probably greek standards. The thing is, men can hug and hold hands here and it's purely friendly whereas overseas they would think ur flamming gay, it's just cultural, so dont worry. Also, there is always the trying to sell you something factor, but it's mostly just cultural.

If you wanna go out and have a crazy time, head to Bagdat Caddesi, during the day, and at night you can go to Reyna (pronounced)

have fun
The only time there is too much fuel onboard, is when you're on fire!

airxliban

Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:59 am

Cragley I can echo the sentiment about Istanbul. Other than Beirut, which I can't count, Istanbul is my fav city that I've been to. I was fortunate enough to live there for two years and had a blast!!!!

Have you been to limonlu bahce?

Aydin are you from Istanbul?
PARIS, FRANCE...THE BEIRUT OF EUROPE.

pilotaydin

Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:03 am

i recommend going to a soccer game, tomorrow night it is Fenerbahce against Zaragoza....man it's going to be a CRAZY CRAZY game, you wanna see a soccer chant fest....go to this game...it's in Kadikoy, and ill find the game time for ya if you're interested  Smile
The only time there is too much fuel onboard, is when you're on fire!