EA CO AS
Topic Author

Teen Girls Sued For Giving Cookies To Neighbor!

Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:45 am

This is just nuts. Apparently these two well-intentioned girls left homemade cookies for all their neighbors - one of whom was terrified to answer the door since they - gasp! - knocked on her door at 10:30pm!

So poor Miss "only MURDERERS AND RAPISTS come calling late at night" SUES them because she was so scared she had to be hospitalized - and they even offered to pay her bills!

Crazy.  Nuts

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,146438,00.html

Teen 'Cookie Monsters' Fined for Good Deed
Friday, February 04, 2005

DURANGO, Colo. — Two teenage girls who surprised their neighbors with homemade cookies late one night were ordered to pay nearly $900 in medical bills for a woman who says she was so startled that she had to go to the hospital.

Judge Doug Walker declined Thursday to award punitive damages, saying he did not believe the girls acted maliciously.

Taylor Ostergaard, 17, and Lindsey Jo Zellitti, 18, baked the chocolate chip and sugar cookies one night last July. They made packages with a half-dozen cookies each and added large red or pink construction-paper hearts that carried the message, "Have a great night" and were signed with their first initials: "Love, The T and L Club." Then they set off to make their deliveries.

Wanita Renea Young, 49, said she was at her rural home south of Durango (search) around 10:30 p.m. when she said saw "shadowy figures" outside the house banging repeatedly on her door. She yelled, "Who's there?" but no one answered, and the figures ran away.

Frightened, she spent the night at her sister's home, then went to the hospital the next morning because she was still shaking and had an upset stomach.

The teenagers' families offered to pay Young's medical bills, but she declined and sued, saying their apologies were not sincere and were not offered in person.

What's the world coming to?!?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

ANCFlyer

RE: Teen Girls Sued For Giving Cookies To Neighbor!

Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:56 am

There was a thread on this a couple weeks ago - I couldn't find it, but it was as absurd then as it is now . . .

Ridiculous!
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

EA CO AS
Topic Author

Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:00 am

Oops. I guess I missed that one. Sorry for the dupe post!
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

AWspicious

Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:37 pm

Don't ya sometimes wanna Google these people...
Nevermind political correctness - Envision using your turn signals!

DLKAPA

Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:01 pm

Hehe. I always thought this town was cool, but apparantly there really are some stupid people living here...Yes, it's been the buzz of town for awhile  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

Airlinerfreak

Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:04 pm

Ya what else is new??

This world keeps getting stranger and stranger.

aa777flyer

Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:10 pm

Can we all file a class action law suit against that lady for wasting our time to read the article....what a dumb &*%#....I would have given her $0.00
The TSA was created to make the post office look efficient!