UnitedFirst
Topic Author

Thoughts On Bangalore's Infrastructure...

Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:37 am

Next week, I have to give an extremely brief presentation regarding the infrastructure & development in an architecture class I'm taking.

I chose Bangalore, India, because it seems to be a city that's on the verge of a great breakthrough – it has so much going on, and it's becoming a key hub for the Indian economy.

I was curious if anyone on this board has any thoughts about the infrastructure of the city – such as the set-up of the city, the quality of the plumbing systems...really anything! Of course, I've been researching, but some personal thoughts/viewpoints, perhaps even from someone who lives in the area, would be greatly appreciated!

All thoughts and comments are welcome!

Derek

Springbok747

RE: Thoughts On Bangalore's Infrastructure...

Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:34 am

Bangalore's infrastructure? It's non-existent. The city has grown so much, way beyond what the resources can handle. There are frequent power and water cuts. Traffic is a nightmare, but it's slightly better now because of the construction of "flyovers" all over the city.

Seriously though, Bangalore has a serious infrastructure problem, they must try and sort all that out...and they call themselves "the Silicon Valley" of India...what a joke.
אני תומך בישראל