airxliban

Evo Viii Or Impreza WRX STi

Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:26 am

Haven't driven either of these but was wondering if anyone has experience with this sort of car and if so, what the fortes of each one over the other?

Do you all like this kinda car?
PARIS, FRANCE...THE BEIRUT OF EUROPE.

DColeMAN

RE: Evo Viii Or Impreza WRX STi

Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:29 am

Always loved the Scooby (P1 Version) and I think will always continue to do so Big grin

Dale
Topless Women Drink 4 Free

corey07850

Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:24 am

I would personally take the Subaru because of their known excellence in that type of vehicle... I also think the EVO just looks a little too "riced" out...

I'm not really a fan of this type of car because of the way they look, but they definitely have some amazing performance....

Airlinerfreak

Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:01 am

Have not experienced either but if you are looking to get one get the Evo.

MD-90

Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:09 am

WRX STi is a little cheaper and looks better. That's what I'd go for.

airxliban

Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:33 am

in the US, the Evo is a bit cheaper or a bit more expensive, depending on what trim you go for. RS vs WRX STi, RS is cheaper. The Evo VIII and the WRX STi are about the same price and the EVO MR Edition is more expensive.
PARIS, FRANCE...THE BEIRUT OF EUROPE.

aerorobnz

Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:51 am

dynamically the Evo is the superior car, It is quicker point to point/round a track and not as likely to understeer when pushing hard. There is always a case for the STi, especially that Type C that has 300bhp+. Especially if you like a boxer engine. I think I'd still have the Evo though. It doesn't depreciate as badly and insurance is a bit less. But hell at least we don't pay what the English pay for either of them.
Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

sovietjet

Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:06 pm

I drive a regular WRX(not STi) and damn its nice. I'd take the STi in the blink of an eye. It looks better, it's faster and it sound quite nice along with a 6-speed tranny and I love the wing on it. However to give credit where it's due, the EVO outhandles the STi and responds better to mods.

UTA_flyinghigh

Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:32 pm

I drove both the Evo VII (not the VIII) and the penultimate WRX STi at Magione (Italy, short track) and althoung the STi felt faster, I got the better times with the Evo VII.

Note, the Evo VII I had on that day had a adjustable rear wing whereas the STi had a fixed one, which might explain why I was faster on the straight with the Sti but way slower in the tight corners.

However, I still felt that the Evo was the superior machine, it seems the front differential enables you to "push" a little more when exiting corners. Can't somment on the seats because both of the cars I drove were equipped with racing Sparcos w/ 6-point belts.

Bottom line, it all boils down to your money and your driving style/expectations.
If you're looking to use it for track days as well as everyday driving, get an Evo.
If you're looking for those B-roads in the countryside, then get the STi.

I felt more in confidence with the EVo, but like I said; short track, adjustable rear wing and Michelins for the Evo and fixed wing (small one) and Pirellis on the STi.

Both had the following mods :

Sparco racing buckets w/ 6-point harnesses
Kingdragon RAM Air filter
Group N exhaust (but still w/ cat)
Reinforced Sparco dome bar
OMP Group N vented/grooved discs, OMP brake pads

Happy driving  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

UTA
Fly to live, live to fly - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BMI Diamond Club Gold, Emirates Skywards

bill142

Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:08 pm

In Australia if price is an issue go with the WRX as the EVO costs over $60,000. Evo's are also sold here at a max of 100 per year due to Mitsubishis decision not to homologate the car for Australia means it cannot be imported here in numbers over 100 per year. Mitsubishi use low import regulations to bypass homologation, but alas only 100 per year can be imported.