Thom@s
Topic Author

Devilish Ticket Sale For "Constantine" In Bergen.

Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:05 pm

This is one of those "too good to be true", or "too spooky to be a coincidence" stories.  Smile

As most of you know Keanu Reeves stars in a movie about Hell and demons in "Constantine". I Bergen, Norway, the movie was on six time during the premier day, and the number of people who saw it was... 666.  Acting devilish

Elisabeth Halvorsen at Bergen cinema admits it is a bit weird. "Considering the content of the movie, it was rather an interesting coincidence. However I'm not worried about the number, as I'm not superstitious. I thought it was more funny than spooky."

Reverend Torsten Mentzoni, says "This is a special result, but I see it as a pure coincidence, and nothing else.The movie itself does not represent an Anti christ message at all.

According to the Reverend, the number only occurs in the Bible once. In John 13:18. The number 666 is used as a reference to the beast, or the Anti christ. "In Jesus' time it was normal to replace names with numbers. All the numbers had a certain value, and the person could be read from this number." says the reverend who also says that the number 666 doesn't play an important role in Christianity.

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

whitehatter

RE: Devilish Ticket Sale For "Constantine" In Bergen.

Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:27 pm

Another one....

the road in Britain with the most fatal accidents per mile of its length is.....the A666!
Lead me not into temptation, I can find my own way there...

Thom@s
Topic Author

Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:26 am

Hehe, there's got to be something in it...  Big grin

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

ltbewr

Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:02 am

There used to be a federal highway US 666 in the USA that went through parts of Utah, Colorado and New Mexico. It was renumbered due to the high rate of sign theft and complaints from the 'holy rollers'.

Klaus

Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:37 am

When a friend of mine officially left the catholic church (in Germany that requires an administrative act), the stamped confirmation form had the running number ... 666.

We all found that quite ironic...!  Big thumbs up