Banco
Topic Author

Jose Mourinho "The Enemy Of Football"

Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:38 pm

According to UEFA's referees committee chairman.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/4346509.stm

This is ridiculous. Mourinho was a bit out of line in what he said, but he's hardly the first, and won't be the last either to whinge about a referee.

Had he referred to anyone within UEFA as the "enemy of football" he'd have been crucified, so I don't see why some functionary should get away with it.
She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

spinzels

RE: Jose Mourinho "The Enemy Of Football"

Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:02 pm

The “enemy of football” is the kind of histrionics you expect to hear from a European Football Official.

That being said, Mourinho doesn’t do the game much good in my opinion, and I think he can be a classless jerk and a pathological liar as well. But at least he is never boring, which is more than you can say for Chelsea’s football.
I've been to Paradise, but I've never been to me

ryanb741

Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:12 pm

Frisk is a jerk for quitting over this - now any lunatic football supporter will threaten referees with death and soon there will be none left. Frisk was a lousy referee IMHO (very self important) and he is acting like a baby. Heck, Mourinho received death threats when he returned to Porto with Chelsea for a Champions League game - he's still alive and didn't make a fuss
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

CPH-R

Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:13 pm

It sure didn't help his reputation that he practically forced Anders Frisk out of being a referee, something he could have chosen to do after that assault in Rome. He should have had a bit more class instead of going on about how every referee is always against Chelski etc.

gkirk

Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:29 pm

Anders Frisk shouldnt have quit
Jose Mourinho isnt an enemy of football.
The true enemies of football are UEFA, FIFA and every racist thug who chants racist stuff
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

Thom@s

Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:54 am

Jose Mourinho "The Enemy Of Football"

I thought that was KROC?  Confused

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

Horus

Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:07 am

Fair enough calling him "The Enemy Of Football" is a little harsh, but the guy is getting on my nerves (as well as other people's). Alright he managed to turn the Blues around but lets not forget the players and more important Abramovich's generous 'input'. Any now Mourinho thinks he can throw a childish tantrum whenever he likes without any repercussions. He's a  butthead . Period

Horus
EGYPT: A 7,000 Year Old Civilisation

phxairfan

Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:08 am

I don't think he's an enemy of football. I think Frisk made the right decision, as a game isn't worth your life. I think bitching about judging and refereeing will exist forever. And I think it is sub human to threaten another mans life over a simple game. Pathetic if you ask me.

gkirk

Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:18 am

Horus, yet you forget that he won last seasons European Cup with Porto  Wink
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

SignalOne

Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:19 am

Jose Mourinho's Shopping list:  bigthumbsup 

-cabbage
-spaghetti bolognese
-crumpets
-eggs
-Manchester united
-cat food
-toothpaste
-D.I.Y stop being a bighead kit
-crisps
-Treacle Sponge

Personally, I think he is a big-head.  ashamed 
Didn't he win a cup, and after say "well, its only one cup, It doesn't really matter"?

Ryan
SignalOne  mischievous 
Golf - Bravo Romeo India Foxtrot

OD720

Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:19 am

My sympathies to all those referees who have lost their lives and had their family members slaughtered by football fans.

What the hell is Frisk talking about?????

Horus

Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:24 am

Kirkie, still no excuse to be cocky and arrogant. I mean I have nothing against Chelsea (I'm more of a rugby guy myself) but being a good sport and accepting when you lose is all a part of good sportsmanship.

Horus
EGYPT: A 7,000 Year Old Civilisation

racko

Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:26 am

Don't forget that Frisk already got injured by a fan, so the threat to him is not that unlikely as others here try to make it. And I don't know how I would react if there were people threating the life of my loved ones because of my job.

Banco
Topic Author

Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:26 am

Quoting OD720 (Reply 10):
What the hell is Frisk talking about?????

Well, don't forget he also got hit on the head by a bottle when he refereed in Rome. He might be a bit of a preening poseur, but he doesn't deserve what's happened to him lately.

Good article in the Guardian today about all this:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,9753,1436995,00.html

Whilst in another development, the UEFA referees chief has hinted at strike action:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/break...feedstory/0,14546,-4863689,00.html
She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

OD720

Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:01 am

Quoting Banco (Reply 13):
Well, don't forget he also got hit on the head by a bottle when he refereed in Rome.

Referees are not the only people on the pitch that get hit by a missile from the crowd. Goalkeepers and players alike are the targets and they get verbal abuse as well but I don't see them quit.