flybyguy

Asian Girlfriends

Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:09 pm

Hello all,

I a few of my friends have Asian girlfriends, but are not Asian themselves. I've wanted to ask them why they took up such an arrangement, but I didn't want to prompt offense if taken the wrong way. At my campus I've noticed that quite a few people are in such relationships (much more than any other interracial match-ups).

So I'm asking you guys and gals why are interracial (Asian/non-Asian) relationships so appealing?
"Are you a pretender... or a thoroughbred?!" - Professor Matt Miller

mdsh00

RE: Asian Girlfriends

Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:12 pm

Quoting Flybyguy (Thread starter):
I a few of my friends have Asian girlfriends, but are not Asian themselves.

Ah the good old Asian Fetish.  Wink

Quoting Flybyguy (Thread starter):
At my campus I've noticed that quite a few people are in such relationships (much more than any other interracial match-ups).

So I'm asking you guys and gals why are interracial (Asian/non-Asian) relationships so appealing?

I think many people in interracial relationships don't think about it that way. To them it's about what they like in a woman. Some people might like the looks of a man/woman of a certain race and therefore go out with them more.
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."

Aaron747

Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:19 pm

You'll never know what's so appealing until you date one  Wink
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

MD11Engineer

Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:25 pm

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 2):
You'll never know what's so appealing until you date one Wink

I fully second you!  yes 

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

OttoPylit

Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:37 pm

I think it is because Asian girls are very pretty. Although I almost always seem to see Asian preferring Asian. Many guys can fall under the spell of a pretty Asian girl. When I was visiting a brother in Korea, I mentioned that there were many pretty Korean girls there. My brother warned me against getting "Yellow Fever." I asked what it was. He said that many military men fall for a pretty, young Korean girl and get married to them. He then asked, "But when a woman gets older, she changes. Now look around and tell me how many pretty, older Asian women do you see?" It may sound offensive, but in a way, its sort of true, and not very often do you see an attractive, older Asian woman(he was referring to the 40-50 plus age range, but then again, there aren't too many women that ever look good at that age lol)

For me, personally, match-ups of any race are fine, except black and white interracial relationships. Not that I am prejudiced or anything like that, but its just something that I don't agree with. Perhaps there was something with the way I was brought up. I have a few black friends, and they agree the same way. My friend Ben said that he does not find white women attractive anyway. I have been accused of being prejudiced before because I will simply say that I don't agree with that kind of match-up. If I were prejudiced, I would have a problem with all interracial relationships, black/white, white/asian, black/latino, white/latino, black/asian, white/asian, latino/asian, etc, etc. I have no doubt that if a black man and white girl/black girl and white guy were together that they could not live a content life and family, but its just something that I personally just don't agree with. I will say that biracial children do have it harder growing up than others.

Thats just my own personal outlook on it.
I don't have a microwave, but I do have a clock that occasionally cooks shit.

QANTASforever

Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:39 pm

Well I am half asian - and I am married to a blonde Caucasian woman from the Mediterranean.

Why did we originally get together?
We love each other - it is as simple as that.

Where there is a high population of Asian people and Caucasian people then most likely quite a few of them will take up with one of the other.
Fighting for the glory of the Australian Republic.

prosa

Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:41 pm

Quoting OttoPylit (Reply 4):
He said that many military men fall for a pretty, young Korean girl and get married to them. He then asked, "But when a woman gets older, she changes. Now look around and tell me how many pretty, older Asian women do you see?" It may sound offensive, but in a way, its sort of true, and not very often do you see an attractive, older Asian woman(he was referring to the 40-50 plus age range, but then again, there aren't too many women that ever look good at that age lol)

Actually, it's always seemed to me that Asian women (and black women too) don't age as visibly as white women do. They tend to hold their looks longer.
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

MD11Engineer

Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:41 pm

He then asked, "But when a woman gets older, she changes. Now look around and tell me how many pretty, older Asian women do you see?" It may sound offensive, but in a way, its sort of true, and not very often do you see an attractive, older Asian woman(he was referring to the 40-50 plus age range, but then again, there aren't too many women that ever look good at that age lol)

My first ex´s aunt living in Berlin (she came from the Philippines), is in her late 50s, but still has the shape of a 18 year old. I wouldn´t consider her to be ugly.

Jan

jasepl

Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:02 pm

Quoting Mdsh00 (Reply 1):
I think many people in interracial relationships don't think about it that way.

Exactly. Though not technically 'Asian' in the way Flybyguy intented it, I'm a result of two successive marriages between 'Asian' and non-Asian people.

And I haven't ever to thought to ask any of them why, but I suspect they saw and fell for the person, not the anatomy.

Of course, there's bound to be a considerable number of relationships resulting from being drawn to someone 'exotic' or looking for someone different. But it's not always the case.

Airlinerfreak

Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:07 pm

Are they Jewish cause you know what they say.....the Jewish mans dream is an Asian woman

MD11Engineer

Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:20 pm

I think it is also a thing of mentality and culture. I can´t imagine being married or living together with somebody from my own cultural group. I imagine it to be extremely boring. On the other hand I found out during my second marriage to a woman from West Africa from a poor background that cultural differences and expectations can be too big as well (if she came e.g. from a similar educational group as a black American or European I think it might have worked out).
I´m very happy with my Filipino-Chinese girlfriend, who has a very professional attitude towards her job and an experimental outlook towards life, means she tries new things and is not too much fixed on traditions, while keeping her own culture. Don´t forget that in many aspects us Europeans are just as exotic and strange to them as they are sometimes to us. I also noticed that, at least in the beginning of our relationship, she came under pressure from friends and family to please look for some nice Filipino guy and to drop this German, but by now the fact that we are together since several years has been accepted by her family. Probably for her and me the differences between Filipino and German culture are just enough to make life interesting, while not being so strong as to cause trouble.

Jan

mdsh00

Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:35 pm

Now look around and tell me how many pretty, older Asian women do you see?" It may sound offensive, but in a way, its sort of true, and not very often do you see an attractive, older Asian woman(he was referring to the 40-50 plus age range, but then again, there aren't too many women that ever look good at that age lol)

Actually I have to disagree with you there. I have seen many asian (regarding the Asian continent) women age quite gracefully. On the other hand I've seen many caucasian women look horribly wrinkled in their 50s. I think a lot of it has to do with skin pigmentation. Since caucasians have less melanin, their skin takes more of a beating from the sun and other rays over the person's lifetime.
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."

flybyguy

Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:36 pm

Quoting MD11Engineer (Reply 10):
Probably for her and me the differences between Filipino and German culture are just enough to make life interesting, while not being so strong as to cause trouble.

Maybe that is it, MD11Eng. Similar cultural value systems and similar lifestyles with interesting twists. The girls my friends are dating are mostly daughters of entrepreneurial/professional parents. My friend's parents are teachers, professors, lawyers and dentists. Not to mention that they all go to the same school. So I guess similar life experiences can overcome racial differences in interracial relationships.

Presumably, very large differences in background can become burdensome in any relationship.

BCAInfoSys

Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:37 pm

I dunno what the hype is about. I slept with a girl from Hong Kong and it was absolute CRAP! Lemme tell ya.. most unsatisfying sex of my life. I will never again hook up with another chinese girl.

Steve
Militant Agnostic - I don't know and you don't either.

prosa

Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:41 pm

Quoting BCAInfoSys (Reply 13):
I dunno what the hype is about. I slept with a girl from Hong Kong and it was absolute CRAP! Lemme tell ya.. most unsatisfying sex of my life. I will never again hook up with another chinese girl.

You can't generalize from just one event.

Aaron747

Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:17 pm

Where you went wrong was laying a Cantonese girl. You were all over the wrong part of Asia - LOL!
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

N228UA

Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:52 pm

Good old Yellow Fever! Once you get it, there is no cure.

A few reasons off the top of my head:
- Different cultures
- Different values
- Exotic looking
- Asian women age much slower than western women.
- Asian women hardly get fat

My wife is Japanese and we are about to celebrate our 3rd anniversary and we are more in love than ever. The cultural differences cause stress sometimes but also those differences enhance our relatioship because we get to see things from a different perspective.

Speaking as a bloke, it's hard not to get addicted when living in Tokyo...so many hot girls here  Smile

AA767400

Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:05 pm

There is a lot of Caucasian men who love that Asian love! You can see it everywhere but one thing is for sure, You don't see many Asian men with Caucasian women. In fact, I would go to say that East Asian women are more attractive than East Asian men. East Asian women have a nice compact body for the most part, and that is very attractive to men. But because East Asian men are generally smaller in size, they tend to not be as attractive since most like the "Tall dark and handsome" look.
"The low fares airline."

OttoPylit

Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:06 pm

Whoa, don't go jumping on me about whether Asian women are pretty. white  Keep in mind that I did say:

I think it is because Asian girls are very pretty. When I was visiting a brother in Korea, I mentioned that there were many pretty Korean girls there.

I find Asian women extremely attractive. I have just never seen an attractive 50 yr old Asian woman. Now, thats just my opinion, and I made that assumption while walking the streets of Korea. Who knows, maybe it was the smell of kimchee that was doing it. Boy, that stuff could gag a buzzard. Once again, my opinion.
I don't have a microwave, but I do have a clock that occasionally cooks shit.

N228UA

Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:19 pm

Quoting AA767400 (Reply 17):
You can see it everywhere but one thing is for sure, You don't see many Asian men with Caucasian women

Quite right. I have seen a few Japanese guys with western wives and it really stands out.

ltbewr

Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:24 pm

Since Asian women are on average smaller in height and girth than most Western/Euro women, that may appeal to many men. There is the 'difference' factor too, as to race/culture, a look that was exotic to a Westerner. Many men like thin, smaller women, although I hope that the appeal isn't wanting someone who looks like a child. Also, to some extent in the past, Asian women were quite 'subservent' to men and some wanted to marry non-Asian men to get out of their countries.

aerorobnz

Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:02 pm

It's probably because in most asian cultures the women are submissive...and we like being dominant, and western chicks are way more 'dominant' due to woman's liberation etc. Personally I have only done a couple of Filipino Chicks, they were fun, but I don't think I could get in a long term relationship with one.
Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

wjv04

Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:44 pm

So Hot, but about as dumb as a fence post. I would say about 80% of men that I know would agree.

curlyheadboy

Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:14 pm

My girlfriend is Korean, I didn't notice her because she was Asian, but because she was pretty and, three years later I am still so much in love with her because she is such an intelligent and inspiring person and beautiful human being. So I hope I can spend the rest of my life with her. Me too will not look that good when I'm in my 50's  Smile
If God had wanted men to fly he would have given them more money...

bill142

Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:20 pm

Quoting BCAInfoSys (Reply 13):
I dunno what the hype is about. I slept with a girl from Hong Kong and it was absolute CRAP! Lemme tell ya.. most unsatisfying sex of my life. I will never again hook up with another chinese girl

And how many caucasian women have you slept with that were bad? On the inside its all the same. Just like saying after you have sex with a woman who's no good in the sack that your going to be gay.

One reason white men probably go for Asian women is they see and hear things about them being very flexable. Think about it.

curlyheadboy

Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:37 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 24):
And how many caucasian women have you slept with that were bad? On the inside its all the same. Just like saying after you have sex with a woman who's no good in the sack that your going to be gay.

...Amen!

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 24):
One reason white men probably go for Asian women is they see and hear things about them being very flexable. Think about it.

That's a myth, I'm the one to flex actually...  blush 
If God had wanted men to fly he would have given them more money...

ryanb741

Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:56 pm

Hell I got married to an Oriental woman. Here is a summary of the reasons why;

- F*cking gorgeous - I mean, like a dream come true
- They don't get fat
- They are more respectful towards their husband - they don't treat him like a piece of shit like many Western women do
- Very affectionate and loyal. I could be in a car crash and lose my legs, it wouldn't matter to her. Many Westerm women would be like ' we've grown apart'
- Oriental women don't act like self righteous bitches just because they have a piece of prime real estate between their legs. I wanna f*ck, I get one, none of this 'I've got a headache' bollocks that western women get after a few years of being hitched
- Very homely - they don't seek a separate life away from their spouse
- Skin - really soft and smooth, it's awesome during carnal activities
- Hygiene - in general they are much cleaner than Western women. They are obsessively hygienic (heck my wife has a shower after going to the toilet!). Also, Western women can't wipe their arses properly - when you have a crap you're supposed to WASH your backside afterwards. Toilet paper only just smears it a round a bit - it still smells
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

QANTASforever

Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:03 pm

Quoting Ryanb741 (Reply 26):
- Oriental women don't act like self righteous bitches just because they have a piece of prime real estate between their legs. I wanna f*ck, I get one, none of this 'I've got a headache' bollocks that western women get after a few years of being hitched

Hey there Romeo.

I assume that respect for your wife perhaps might fit in there somewhere.

Quoting Ryanb741 (Reply 26):
- Hygiene - in general they are much cleaner than Western women. They are obsessively hygienic (heck my wife has a shower after going to the toilet!). Also, Western women can't wipe their arses properly - when you have a crap you're supposed to WASH your backside afterwards. Toilet paper only just smears it a round a bit - it still smells

Ouch, that is some kinky stuff. You really have thought about this haven't you.

lol I'm a little bit unnerved and confused by your post I must say.

I'm not attacking you, but I do find it all a little..... odd.

QFF
Fighting for the glory of the Australian Republic.

Arniepie

Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:13 pm

Quoting WJV04 (Reply 22):
So Hot, but about as dumb as a fence post. I would say about 80% of men that I know would agree.

So they actually have 2 things going for them!!!
[edit post]

MD11Engineer

Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:46 pm

Actually I know a few couples in Germany where the husband comes from Japan, Indonesia or China and the wife is German. These couples are rare, but seem to be very stable and happy relationships, e.g. one of them was a university professor of theoretical elementary particle physics from China, working the the university department where I was studying, and he must have been married to his German wife since at least 40 years (judging by the age of his oldest son who is a close friend of my brother). I think it really depends on the educational level.

On the other hand, while e.g. both of my ex wifes and also my girlfriend now are of approximately the same age (right now both of us in our thirties), while meeting a lot of Filipino women (friends of my first ex, she was Filipino as well) in Berlin, I often noticed huge differences in age and education between the Filipino wife and the German husband. Mostly the women were in their twenties, early thirties and the husband in his 50s, often a successfull businessman and the wives often very shallow and just interested in the fashion and jewellery they could buy with their husband´s credit cards.
Also, while both my first Ex and my current girlfriend are college graduates, many of these women just had minimum eduction required by law back home ( 8 years of school etc.).
I also noticed that in many cases the women didn´t learn how to speak proper German, despite living here for several years, also often the husbands didn´t speak English well, not to speak of e.g. Tagalog or Cebuano. I wonder how these couples can commuicate.
We also got ourselves occasionally into trouble with some husbands, who deliberately kept their wives stupid about rights and entitlements they have in Germany (e.g. if a child has been born here, the parent who takes care of the child and stays at home is entitled to receive a certain amount off money every month from the government for the first 2 years, this money is supposed to be paid to this parent, but in several cases I knew of the husband applied for it without telling the wife and cashed it for his own purposes. He wasn´t happy when we told his wife about the existense of this benefit).

There are of course also selfmade women, e.g. the mentioned aunt of my first wife, who got recruited in the early 70s as a med tech from the Philippines ( we had a labour shortage back then, lots of nurses from the Philippines and South Korea were hired as well, almost every hospital ward in Berlin has at least one Korean nurse working there. By now many of them got themselves promoted into leading positions, many of them stayed and married German men), and who is now in charge of the laboratories of the Red Cross blood bank in Berlin.

Another thing is, I think everybody, men and women, have something to make them look twice at another person. Some guys are attracted to blondes, for me, it is women with dark hair, I see a woman with dark hair e.g. in a crowded street, I often have to take another look, I just notice her to stand out of the crowd.
My girlfriend told me that she similarly feels attracted to tall guys. Now at 6 ft I´m not too tall, but tall enough.
This attaction is something like shortlisting posible partners for a closer look to see if we fit together (according to recent neurological and psychological studies the choice is actually made subconciously by the woman. Through body language she will tell the bloke if she is intersted in further contact or not.

Jan

prosa

Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:25 pm

Interracial marriages of any sort used to be very rare in the United States and actually were illegal in some Southern states until 1967. Following the Korean and especially the Vietnam wars, however, some returning servicemen brought back Asian "war brides," as a result of which white male/Asian female couples became a relatively common sight. This may have contributed to a greater social and cultural acceptance of WM/AF relationships.

DIJKKIJK

Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:34 pm

Quoting Airlinerfreak (Reply 9):
the Jewish mans dream is an Asian woman

Never mind what they dream about, most Jewish chaps I've met have just one policy towards women they want to date and that is, whether she's black or white or asian or whatever, she must be JEWISH!

Most Jewish women have a similar policy.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

flpuck6

Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:37 pm

Alright gentlement, not to ruin this great thread, but would anyone say the same applies to homosexual relationships? Caucasian men attracted to asian men and vice versa?
Bonjour Chef!

MD11Engineer

Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:45 pm

Well, I don´t know if it counts, but the brother of a Filipino friend of my first ex came over to Germany. At first he had a girlfriend, then he had his coming out and turned gay, with a German boyfriend. After a while he started taking hormones and grew boobs and dressed in women´s clothes. Then, a few years later, he went to Thailand for surgery and came back as a "she". He/she is now living permanently with her/his German boyfriend.
Also the gay brother of two other Filipino friends in Berlin came over for along visit and quickly got absorbed in Berlin´s gay scene, including German boyfriend. As we say in German, "Es gibt für jeden Topf einen Deckel" (there is a cover for every pot).

Jan

AlekToronto

Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:06 am

My 2cents.
I have dated both white and asian girls and in general Asian girls are easier to get along with. They have less baggage, more accepting, less drama in general. Most Asian girls are pressured to date Asian guys and the ones that date white guys are already rebels in their culture and I like that.
Too many white girls are chasing the amazing gorgeous millionaire that will give them lots of money and that will do whatever they want (no matter what they may say). Western women tend to be very materialistic and shallow and thats no fun.

cheers
Alek

AA767400

Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:07 am

Quoting Flpuck6 (Reply 32):
Alright gentlement, not to ruin this great thread, but would anyone say the same applies to homosexual relationships? Caucasian men attracted to asian men and vice versa?

Depends on the man. Some men love small and smooth bodies, therefore finding East Asian men attractive.(Not that all East Asian men are small, and smooth.) Now if the guy likes tall,big, and hairy, they are not going to go for Eastern Asian men. In Gay culture the have a saying that if you like Eastern Asian men then you are a "rice queen". I really don't like to say that, but that is a common name for those who fancy a Eastern Asian male. But in general I would go to say that most Gay males do not find Eastern Asian males attractive, just for the same reasons as Caucasian women don't find them attractive.
"The low fares airline."

flybyguy

Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:12 am

Quoting AlekToronto (Reply 34):
Western women tend to be very materialistic and shallow and thats no fun.

I'm surprised this is not the case with Asian women, considering that the Asian region in general is one of the most prosperous regions in the world.

BTW, a Korean (male) friend of mine said that Korean that many Korean women (40% or something) get plastic surgery done and oftentimes get it as birthday presents from parents. Is this true?

Superfly

Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:14 am

I was expecting a thumbnail gallery when I opened this thread!  Silly
Bring back the Concorde

MD11Engineer

Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:48 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 37):
I was expecting a thumbnail gallery when I opened this thread! Silly

Since i still hope for a long future with my girlfriend I´m NOT going to post her picture here!  Wink
I´m not Christa....

Jan

Superfly

Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:59 am

Quoting MD11Engineer (Reply 38):
Since i still hope for a long future with my girlfriend I´m NOT going to post her picture here!

Does she have some friends?
Sisters?
Cousins?
 Silly
Bring back the Concorde

CactusA319

Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:38 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 37):
I was expecting a thumbnail gallery when I opened this thread!

I have this one of a friend of mine laying around my hardrive for a while....

Superfly

Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:39 am

Thanks! Big grin
Bring back the Concorde