TupolevTu154
Topic Author

MSN Problems, Can Anybody Help Me?

Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:33 pm

Well, I know quite a few of you lot out there have MSN, so if you have had any problems like this and been able to fix them, help me!

Well basically, yesterday morning I signed in and it was all fine, but a little window came up on the bottom of the screen saying "a new Messenger upgrade is available" now I didn't have time to download it so I just ignored it, but now I cant find the upgrade anymore, I have the new version, I have uninstalled it and re installed it many times, and even re installed the 6.2 version, but it still doesn't work whenever I try to sign in it just says "sorry, we were unable to sign you into the .net messenger service at this time, please try again later 80072ee7"

It is very annoying as im only allowed on the computer at the weekends, and I would like to use my MSN privileges to the maximum, but one night has already been wasted, and I don't really want it to happen again.

Thanks for your patience LOL!

Tom

p.s I have been to their help page and tried everything they suggest, and there is no way to contact the MSN people.

ltbewr

RE: MSN Problems, Can Anybody Help Me?

Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:50 pm

There has been a recent virus that affects MSN Messenger - this may be your problem. Also, if using older Microsoft OS's (95, 98 early version), it may not work with MSN programs. Also check to see if you have any old AOL IM or other AOL software, and remove it, as it often causes conflicts. Check the MSN websites for fixes to remove AOL software.

OV735

Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:10 am

Dang. I searched, thought I found an answer to your problem, posted it and then discovered it was an answer to a completely different error.  Embarrassment

[Edited 2005-03-19 16:15:18]

TupolevTu154
Topic Author

Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:39 am

LOL, thanks for your help guys, I have Windows XP and have never used AOL before, OV735, thanks alot for looking everything up for me  Smile (I wanna come to Estonia  bouncy  )

Tom

TupolevTu154
Topic Author

Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:12 am

Ok, call off the search lol, i fixed it, sorry to waste your time guys, i just did a system restore  banghead  why diddnt i think of that!?!?!

Thanks again

Tom