KAUST
Topic Author

Go - Cart RaceTrack At AUS?

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:30 pm

Greetings!
This is more a question for my fellow Austinites out there in readerland. I have heard of a go-cart racetrack located somewhere on or neat AUS, when at the viewing area off of 17L I can hear them, any idea where this racetrack is located? I'd love to park there sometime and take in the views, if they are up close!

Thanks, and my apologies if this is the wrong forum for this topic.

KAUST
"Houston, this is Apollo 8. We are now in Lunar orbit."

Airlinerfreak

RE: Go - Cart RaceTrack At AUS?

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:44 pm

I dont know but I know at VNY they used to have a go cart track right across the street from the end of the runway. It was great. But I cannot help you on what you are talking about. Sorry.

Tlima

Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:47 pm

KAUST,

I think you are referring to this place:

http://www.ironrockraceway.com/

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
TLIMA
- Meden Agan -

KAUST
Topic Author

Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:39 am

Thanks TLIMA,
that would indeed be it. I notice that is what once served as the AUS employee's parking lot, wonder where that is now?

KAUST
"Houston, this is Apollo 8. We are now in Lunar orbit."

KAUSpilot

Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:09 am

It must have just opened in the past few months, as it was never there when I was instructing out of AUS last year. I believe the employee lot is now adjacent to the passenger parking lot, over toward the hilton. No complaints about the aircraft they caught in the snapshot thought  Smile

Tlima

Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:21 pm

You're welcome KAUST.

That seems like it would be a cool place to go to but looking at the membership fees, that's a little scary! It seems like those prices are just a tad out of my price range...  Confused

It has been while since I went up to AUS but I know that when I was last time, that whole area was still empty land and nothing was developed so it's interesting to see the that there now.

Cheers,
TLIMA
- Meden Agan -