ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

I Got Robbed At Gunpoint Last Night

Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:10 am

Happened just after 8:30pm yesterday, parking lot of the Albertson's on Bluebonnet Blvd in Baton Rouge. Three Black dudes, in all black with rags on their heads; hit myself, my aunt, and her cousin.

Packing our groceries, we saw two of them as we walked out, never saw the third (with the gun). Happened very fast, told us to get down on the ground... took my wallet, cell phone, and crucifix; plus their purses and the cousin's cell. I had $127 in my wallet, three credit cards, two pics of my little sisters that I will not be able to replace, my SSN card, my Delta FFP card, and my license. The whole thing went down in 20-30seconds. I got kicked in the face because one of the dudes was agitated with the button on the back of my shorts... one molar cracked, the other dislodged, but they were repositioned last night. My dad called in a friend of his who did an emergency dental patch-up as soon as the cops were done. Gotta see him again Monday to determine followup. Didn't bleed much at all, which was a blessing.

I know this is going to sound arrogant and perhaps somewhat unbelievable... but I wasn't scared. Really. More along the lines of me and the cousin were trying to talk sense into the assholes. Sorta like you'd talk to someone who's just about to jump to their death-- it's not worth it. Tiffany was frozen solid, never said a word. May as well, since they didn't listen worth a f^ck anyways. We didn't however, try to stop/chase them or play hero though. Bet you never seen two chicks and a dude run (into a store) so fast, when they were gone either....

There was a security guard on duty, but he was inside the building, so fat lotta good that did. Two other people saw the dudes run, but they didnt see us... as we were on the far side of my van. Cops got there pretty fast, they formed a perimeter and questioned a few... but nothing turned up, and no one matching the description. Police report won't be ready until Monday; were each given two cards, one to serve as a temporary ID, the other with the number for our claims to serve as temporary proof of incident.

Tmobile has already suspended my cell number (for those of you here who have it, it will remain the same, I just need to get a new phone next week to replace the stolen one then transfer the number to the new phone's serial #). All three credit cards are suspended, but I should get the re-issues, ranging from 3 to 10 days. Still have to call/log-on to some of the places that have them on automatic pay though. What's really gonna be a b!tch is replacing my license and SSN, because two forms of federal/state ID are needed here to replace either one, yet the only remaining such ID I have is my Birth Certificate. My LSU student ID does not count, even though LSU is a state-run entity  Sad In the end though, at least they are replaceable.

As it stands now I'm fine (plus or minus some relatively-minor dental work), Tiff is okay, and Michelle is as well. We have to spend some money that we weren't anticipating spending... but we're still alive and well, and in the longrun, nothing from this will have harmed us. All thanks to the big guy upstairs lookin' out for us.
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

Sabena332

RE: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint Last Night

Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:16 am

I am glad that you and everyone else is doing well!

I would be scared as hell when someone would point a gun on me.

The biggest pain in the ass is now that you have to go/to phone several companies/offices to get a replacement for your ID, drivers license, credit card, frequent flyer card, etc....

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

777236ER

Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:19 am

Glad you're OK.

I was mugged a few years ago. Some bloke came up to me at about midnight, 100 yards from my house. He pulled out a knife, and simply said 'give me your phone and wallet.' It's not like I was going to argue, everything could be replaced. So I gave them to him, he ran off, end of event. I called the police, they did what they could, and everything was replaced on insurance.

Despite that, it didn't really stop me walking alone and at night.
Your bone's got a little machine

curlyheadboy

God. I really feel for you ConcordeBoy, I'm so sorry this had to happen to you... Please accept my best wishes and get well soon!
If God had wanted men to fly he would have given them more money...

skysurfer

Whaaa that's bloody rough!! I'm glad everyone's ok though and i hope if/when they catch the FCUKERS that robbed you they send 'em down for a long time...after beating them first!!
In the dark you can't see ugly, but you can feel fat

avek00

Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:21 am

OH MY GOD!

Dude, f*ck calling the police - they stole your DL Medallion card, so you should get the RPU on the case...
Live life to the fullest.

avek00

Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:23 am

"What's really gonna be a b!tch is replacing my license and SSN, because two forms of federal/state ID are needed here to replace either one, yet the only remaining such ID I have is my Birth Certificate."

You have a US passport - now's the time to whip it out for ID #2...
Live life to the fullest.

Biggles

Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:30 am

Glad you and your family are safe. Items can be replaced (eventually) ,lives cannot.

Strangely ,what struck me was you said there was a security guard at the grocery store. If I saw that here, I would think that's crazy !

Anyways , be safe and take care .

Alan

theCoz

Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:32 am

Well, atleast they didn't ger your A.net membership  Wink

I'm glad you're okay.

ANCFlyer

Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:33 am

I am very glad you're okay with only the minor injuries you have . . . there is simply nothing to do in these situations except give them the money and whatever else, and leave them alone.

No advantage to anyone except them, play their game, no heroics on this one . . . especially with other family members around . . .

Quoting Avek00 (Reply 5):
they stole your DL Medallion card

No loss . . . .   

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Thread starter):
know this is going to sound arrogant and perhaps somewhat unbelievable... but I wasn't scared.

My friend, you had a gun pointed at you, if you weren't scared, you're were probably a bit shocky - all happened so fast you didn't have time to be scared. . . perhaps later . . .
Regards

[Edited 2005-03-26 01:34:10]
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

SlamClick

Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:34 am

You are alive and relatively unhurt.
That is HUGE, partner.
Well done.

Really sorry about this. Their stealing a crucifix is kind of surreal - was it valuable jewelry or was the guy a Catholic? I mean that is bizarre.

Not so surprised that you didn't feel that you were scared. That can take a little time to set in, over the unreality. You may go through quite a gallery of emotions over the next few days.
Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.

MD11LuxuryLinr

Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:35 am

Glad to hear that you're [pretty much] OK after all of that. Thank God it didn't turn out worse.

I hope the three perps die a slow and horrid death.

What's really gonna be a b!tch is replacing my license and SSN

Don't ever carry your SSN card in your wallet..
Caution wake turbulence, you are following a heavy jet.

aloges

Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:52 am

Glad to hear the three of you are OK, that could have been so much worse. I hope you won't have the dubious pleasure of meeting that kind of people again.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

ANCFlyer

Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:52 am

Quoting Matt D (Reply 12):
By the way, does anyone else besides me think that 1) these losers had a gun that was NOT registered, and 2) that had YOU been pointing a barrel right back in their face, the robbery most likely wouldn't have taken place?

I was not and am not going to go there in this thread Matt old man . . . this isn't the thread for it, but that said,

a) I'd make a very long shot bet in Vegas the gun was illegally possessed.

b) If I'd been confronted in the same fashion, I would have done exactly as told by the bad guy, I'm a dead on balls accurate shot, but I am also no fool. 3 to 1, point blank range . . . HA . . .give 'em what they want. I can get a new DL Medallion card (although I don't anyone who wants one  Smile ) but I can't get a new life. Plus, too many variables, bystanders, relatives, friends, etc . . . one must consider their well being as well - Rule #4 of Gun Safety, Be aware of your Target and it's Surroundings.

There's an old saying - Descretion is the better part of valor, in this case, descretion says play the other guys game . . . . .

Regards.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

dl021

Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:53 am

Fred...nothing new to add since we spoke but remember what I said.

ANC said the same thing.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:56 am

Quoting Avek00 (Reply 6):
You have a US passport - now's the time to whip it out for ID #2...

DUDE! That's the best news I've had all week! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting SlamClick (Reply 10):
Their stealing a crucifix is kind of surreal - was it valuable jewelry or was the guy a Catholic? I mean that is bizarre.

Gold chain with a small crucifix on the end... probably took it for the chain. Not all that expensive, but my grandmother gave it to me for my 18th. Wore it all the time.

Fortunately, she's still alive, and I wont have much trouble getting a replica... but the sentimental value wont be there.

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 9):
if you weren't scared, you're were probably a bit shocky - all happened so fast you didn't have time to be scared. . . perhaps later

Hope not.... but if it comes, at least I have some cool people (both personally and online) who've already said they'll be there, so that's good to know. FWIW, I had no trouble sleeping last night.

Quoting MD11LuxuryLinr (Reply 11):
Don't ever carry your SSN card in your wallet

Too right. Thing is, I had a job interview Wednesday that required your card, and the credit union I belong to only opens the storage vault for general use on Mondays and Fridays; hence, I had it in my wallet.  Sad

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:21 am

One on one, yes. You stand a good chance of thwarting the attack. 3 to 1 is pushing it, unless they are a couple of small punk kids.

3 to 3 actually, as Michelle was giving them more (vocal) resistance than was I.
'Course, I'm the one who ends up getting kicked in the face for it, but anyways *sigh*

2) that had YOU been pointing a barrel right back in their face, the robbery most likely wouldn't have taken place?

Problems with that being:
1) I'm only licensed to carry a concealed weapon in my car, not my van (Louisiana law is very finicky about that
2) Even if it was my car, we were far too careless/inattentive to realize what was happening, grad the gat, and aim it... before they could get a shot off. No way that would've worked?

SlamClick

Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:32 am

I agree with ANCFlyer on fighting back. (Except that he is actually qualified to have an opinion.) Never volunteer to fight on the other guy's terms if you can avoid it. Suddenly walking into a gun in a dark parking lot is not the time to come up with a battle plan.

Lots of guys will talk real brave until that happens - you did the right thing.

[Edited 2005-03-26 02:34:13]
Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.

ScarletHarlot

Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:43 am

Glad you are okay. What a scary situation! A security guard at the grocery store?!? Geez...guess I can see why...
But that was when I ruled the world

allstarflyer

Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:08 am

All three credit cards are suspended, but I should get the re-issues, ranging from 3 to 10 days. Still have to call/log-on to some of the places that have them on automatic pay though. What's really gonna be a b!tch is replacing my license and SSN, because two forms of federal/state ID are needed here to replace either one, yet the only remaining such ID I have is my Birth Certificate

As it stands now I'm fine (plus or minus some relatively-minor dental work), Tiff is okay, and Michelle is as well. We have to spend some money that we weren't anticipating spending... but we're still alive and well, and in the longrun, nothing from this will have harmed us. All thanks to the big guy upstairs lookin' out for us.

Awful, but it's good to know the three of you came out relatively unscathed. When I lost my stuff (ID's, credit cards) a couple of years ago, it was my fault. Thankfully, the thief wasn't too smart as I traced his purchase attempts through the credit card company (Bank of America). When I told the cops, they went to his front door and I had everything back (minus $120 in cash) shortly thereafter. Not saying it would/could happen for you like that, but how great it would be, though. Who knows - here's to the authorities getting a home run and getting the ID on these guys and maybe things could shake out better for you.

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 14):
By the way, does anyone else besides me think that 1) these losers had a gun that was NOT registered, and 2) that had YOU been pointing a barrel right back in their face, the robbery most likely wouldn't have taken place?

I was not and am not going to go there in this thread Matt old man . . . this isn't the thread for it, but that said,

a) I'd make a very long shot bet in Vegas the gun was illegally possessed.

b) If I'd been confronted in the same fashion, I would have done exactly as told by the bad guy, I'm a dead on balls accurate shot, but I am also no fool. 3 to 1, point blank range . . . HA . . .give 'em what they want. I can get a new DL Medallion card (although I don't anyone who wants one ) but I can't get a new life. Plus, too many variables, bystanders, relatives, friends, etc . . . one must consider their well being as well - Rule #4 of Gun Safety, Be aware of your Target and it's Surroundings.

Totally with ANC on this. Not the time or place for that arguement here.

-R
Living the American Dream

MD11Engineer

Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:13 am

I was the victim of an attempted mugging about ten years ago in Berlin. The attackers (three of them) followed me into an empty part of a subway station and suddenly assaulted me (fortunately they weren´t armed). I managed, more by reflex, to kick one in the balls, but if I wouldn´t have received assistance by a subway employee, who was working in and office behind a side door and came out when he heard the noise, I probably would have ended up beaten up and loosing my valuables.
I also don´t know if they didn´t have knives in their pockets, more than likely.

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

ACDC8

Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:18 am

Sorry to hear that ConcordeBoy  Sad

At least you and your family are safe!  Smile

regards

Patrick
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut

IAH777

Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:34 am

I'm much too lazy to read through all the responses, but read this from the voice of experience. I deal with this stuff for a living.

- Cooperation is the best way to live through a robbery. Someone with a pistol to your head might get antsy if they have to repeat themselves. An antsy criminal is more dangerous than a calmer one.

- Don't try to "talk sense" into them. They're already irrational and are often high. You're only wasting your breath.

- Chasing them when they leave is retarded. They're armed, you're not (some of us are!). What do you hope to accomplish if you manage to catch up to them?

- Nothing in your purse/wallet/pocket is worth taking a bullet to the head. WTF is so valuable that you'd risk dying? Your cash? Get more. Your ID? Be thankful you're still alive to stand in line. Pictures? Maybe irreplaceable, but not worth death. Medication? Hospitals and 24 hour pharmacies have dealt with this a thousand times before.

- Remember specifics. Tattoos, facial hair, scars, writing on clothing, the turd's exact words. Turds are creatures of habit, for the most part. They'll often use the same phrases in other robberies, which can lead to identification later on.

- The best way to keep from becoming a victim is to be aware and make intelligent choices. Avoid dark parking lots and obscured parking spaces. ALWAYS look over your shoulder. Someone who is alert and constantly scanning the area is not as much of a target as another person who's staring at their feet as they walk.

[Edited 2005-03-26 03:36:36]

vaporlock

Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:41 am

myself, my aunt, and her cousin.

Thank goodness you were all OK! Thats the main thing, you can always replace what was taken even if it is a pain in the arse.

Phyllis  bouncy 

MD-90

Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:52 am

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 17):
1) I'm only licensed to carry a concealed weapon in my car, not my van (Louisiana law is very finicky about that
2) Even if it was my car, we were far too careless/inattentive to realize what was happening, grad the gat, and aim it... before they could get a shot off. No way that would've worked?

1). What part of "the right to bear arms shall not be infringed" do Louisiana politicians not understand? All states, of course, should follow Vermont's lead in this matter (everybody in VT has a "license" to carry concealed because there expressly is no law restricting it), but having a vehicle-specific license is silly.
2). That said, y'all were clearly in condition white, which is what Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC ret. considers being oblivious. Unfortunately, that's the condition that most of us walk around in every day, myself included. We don't expect any trouble, and we're easier to jump. Or as Kenneth Royce says, there're prey, predators, and armed libertarians. Which one are you going to be today is the question.

However, in that situation, seems like you did the right thing. Unless you had a Glock in a quickly accessible holster, which nobody except policemen or feds wear, you're pretty much in a really bad situation.

Quoting BN747 (Reply 20):
Well well well... MD90 couldn't have said it better. And boy you let them off easy, had they been latino.. I can only imagine the tirade coming from you. What's next? www.neonazi.com membership??? Oh, I bet you already have that covered.

Concordeboy is black himself, brilliant.

LAS757300

Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:05 pm

Do you really think the second amendment prohibits all regulation of firearms, md90? I say good for Vermont if they want to have little in the way of gun control that's great. However, state like NY should be allowed to strict gun laws if that's their choice.
KMSP

TACAA320

Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:33 pm

Thanks God you and your relatives are telling the story. Next time be more [and I really mean it, MORE careful]. I being robbed at least twice in Miami, and I really know that terrible feeling.

The only advise in this kind of situations, is to use "common sense". Never ever oppose the attacker.
'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind'. Albert Einstein

jpetekyxmd80

Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:34 pm

Quoting MD-90 (Reply 29):
Concordeboy is black himself, brilliant.

BN747 was addressing MattD after quoting him....
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

MD-90

Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:24 pm

Thanks, JpetekYXMD80. I missed that one.

diamond

Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:31 pm

I've been trying to think of something witty to say to keep it light and funny.

But I keep thinking that I'm just glad you're ok. Nothing funny about it.
Blank.

PilotJmartin

Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:42 pm

Yeah Frederick its good to know your doing well, lets hope that justice will be served and that these robbers are imprisoned. Guns are not cool, I have no use for them, save that stuff for the police.

September11

Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:44 pm

I can't believe that at all! I mean one of our well-educated posters got robbed.. I hate to hear that. I can not imagine ConcordeBoy being robbed. Those poor bastards who rob for silly things.
Airliners.net of the Future

andz

Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:19 pm

3 to 1 is pushing it, unless they are a couple of small punk kids.

Well when my wife was carjacked in our driveway it was 3-1 and they weren't small punk kids, the first thing she knew was the gun against her head as she got out of the car. My guess is they followed her from the shops and drove in behind her at home, one held the gun, one took her car and one was driving the getaway car.

The scary thing was how quickly it happened, I was sitting watching tv when I heard her car, then a scream. I looked out the window and saw a guy holding a gun to her head, by the time I ran for my cellphone and back to the window they were gone.
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...

canuckpaxguy

Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:10 pm

I've already given you my thoughts...but one thing I'll say again:

I've been there. I know what it feels like. Be thankful you're okay and focus on living your life. There may be some tough times ahead of you once the dust settles, but you'll be fine. You've got lots of support. Trust me.

Take care,
G

CactusA319

Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:33 pm

Man, I've been there (I got a chain robbed at gunpoint, and another time had a duffel bag with my wallet and other possesions stolen on a beach in Puerto Rico) and it sucks big time. I'm glad to see that you and your two family members were able to get out if it fine with relatively minimal losses.

sovietjet

Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:30 pm

I have been jacked before. It was in 2003 when I was in Bulgaria for the summer. I was walking minding my own business when these three gypsy dudes came up to me and told me to give them my money and bracelet. I really had no choice so I did. However, couple weeks later I was hanging out with some friends outside and I saw the dude walking by. I guess he probably thought I didn't live around there. Being pissed off as I was, me and two friends went up to him and beat the shit out of him and I took back my bracelet because he was wearing it. I didn't take anything else, the bracelet was a sentimental gift from my grandma. Money is replaceable. Hope that taught him a lesson...

TWAMD-80

Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:30 pm

Glad to hear you're alright CB. I can't imagine what an experience that was. Lucky for me, I have never had to experience something like that, although a few of my friends have.

TW
Two A-4's, left ten o'clock level continue left turn!

GuitrThree

Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:52 pm

Glad to hear you are alright...

if this isn't proof that all states need a concealed weapons permit (which I have in TN, let them try this on me!!) I don't know what is..

again.. glad to hear you are ok..
As Seen On FlightRadar24! Radar ==> F-KBNA5

bananaboy

Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:29 pm

Nothing that hasn't already been said....

Glad to hear you are (generally) ok.

Mark
All my life, I've been kissing, your top lip 'cause your bottom one's missing

scbriml

Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:41 pm

CB, sorry to hear about this, but glad you & yours are OK.

I've not been mugged, but we've been burgled three times (which, while not having the physical element of a mugging, still sucks).

Take care!

Regards,
Steve.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!

VonRichtofen

Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:51 pm

Quoting Biggles (Reply 7):
Strangely ,what struck me was you said there was a security guard at the grocery store. If I saw that here, I would think that's crazy !

There are several grocery stores here in Calgary that have security guards.

kilavoud

Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:54 pm

Dear ConcordeBoy,

Sometimes a decisive kick up the balls may disarm an armed asshole.  box 

But who can really give it ?

Maybe the gun was a fake. But the shock you have got now is a real one.
I hope the gunman will be sent to prison and you will find back your belongings.

All the best for you and your close relations.

Cheers. Kilavoud.

phxairfan

Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:20 pm

Happened just after 8:30pm yesterday, parking lot of the Albertson's on Bluebonnet Blvd in Baton Rouge. Three Black dudes, in all black with rags on their heads; hit myself, my aunt, and her cousin.

Thats f-ed up man really, especially where it happened. I mean if it happen up off of Plank, or by Cortana it wouldn't have surprised me. But Bluebonnet and Burbank? Regardless I'm glad to hear you and your family are alright. There is something f-ed up about some people in this city. First the guy that killed the cop in Wal-Mart over a couple of disposable cameras wasn't it? And then getting robbed in the parking lot of a grocery store? Its f-ing pathetic.

It is not uncommon here for there to be a police cruiser and officer stationed at the entrance to each grocery store. Wal-mart usually has at least 1 if not 2 or 3.

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:15 am

Quoting Diamond (Reply 32):
I've been trying to think

...don't hurt yourself on my account cher, but I appreciate it though Big grin

Quoting Phxairfan (Reply 49):
I mean if it happen up off of Plank, or by Cortana it wouldn't have surprised me. But Bluebonnet and Burbank?

lest you forget that that intersection isn't even a mile away from Gardere and GSRI... that's immediately where the cops started searching.

Quoting Phxairfan (Reply 49):

It is not uncommon here for there to be a police cruiser and officer stationed at the entrance to each grocery store. Wal-mart usually has at least 1 if not 2 or 3.

Well, the reasoning is simple.... lower insurance premiums for commerce centers who employ some form of apparent security force.

Biggles

Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:19 am

Quoting VonRichtofen (Reply 47):
There are several grocery stores here in Calgary that have security guards.

Really ?? I've haven't noticed any. The price of fruit must have gone up again.. 

[Edited 2005-03-26 20:19:42]

gkirk

Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:23 am

Couldnt have happened to a better person  Wink
Nah, just kidding. Glad to hear you're ok. I take it you called Troyvis to comfort you after your ordeal afterwards?
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

airxliban

Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:36 am

Alright, looks like God is a 340 hater too.

Glad to hear that you are alright.
PARIS, FRANCE...THE BEIRUT OF EUROPE.

MYT332

Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:44 am

Sorry to hear about that Concordeboy, it really bites getting mugged but im glad you're ok.

Thinking about it, it must have been the week for a.netters to get mugged as myself and a fellow member were mugged in a retarded English town called Brighton at 3am last week. Pretty similar to you, two big black guys approached us and took our lose change, £50, and our phones. The wankers then came back for round two at the train station where they walked me down to a cash machine and made me empty my account, talk about rhaa! They didn't have a gun but they had a glass bottle over my head, how nice of them.

Oh well shit happens. They actually came back for round 3 but after pleading with a train guard she closed the doors of our train and we pulled away early leaving them on the station. Dam my heart was beating fast then!

Now where's that drink...
One Life, Live it.

MD-90

Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:38 am

Myt332's situation, the second time at least, could've easily been avoided if he'd been armed. Getting mugged repeatedly because you're defenseless? Not good.

jdwfloyd

Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:44 am

A few years back I had a knife pulled on me and my money was demanded to be handed over. While he thought I was reaching for my wallet I actually pulled a pistol out. Nothing says no like a .45 staring at you. Needless to say the SOB took off running and I walked away with my money and a re-confirmed belief that there is no greater crime deterrent like legally armed citizens.