sevenair

BFSairport-citycentre-any Non RipOff Alternative?

Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:45 am

Hey, anyone know of a cheap way to get from Aldegrove to the city centre? Im not happy paying 9GBP (the same cost of my airfare!) just to go 34miles.

Capital146

RE: BFSairport-citycentre-any Non RipOff Alternative?

Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:10 am

The £9.00 express bus fare is a bit steep, I felt a bit miffed at the price when I used it a couple of months ago on a trip to Belfast. However, when you think that it will only cost you a total of £18 to get from NCL (I presume?) to Belfast city centre then you're still not doing bad, are you?

The alternative of course would have been to use BHD. Once you land you are virtually there! Only around 5 mins drive from the city centre. Whilst fares can be very cheap (normally start at £19 one-way with FlyBE), you still wouldn't get it any cheaper than what you actually paid for your trip.
Like a fine wine, one gets better with age.

sevenair

Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:25 am

yeah, its still pretty cheap, and im still saving over 10GBP over flyBE, and at better times. Just me, im a complainer  Smile

Capital146

Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:43 am

Nothing wrong with saving the pennies whenever possible, being a Yorkshireman I'm renowned for it! Big grin

I think the bus at £9.00 may be the cheapest(!) option. I suspect they can get away with charging that fare because they know that they have a captive market for those relying on public transport. A taxi would cost a fortune.

I don't know if you've been to Belfast before, but the bus only takes around 45 mins to get to the city as I'm pretty sure it's a limited stop service (only remember it stopping once on my journey from BFS). I think it's a bit nearer than what you said in your opening post (about 25 miles). Belfast really surprised me when I visited, in a very positive way. I'll certainly be going back again.

It may sound obvious, but if you ever find yourself in a position in the future of having similar fares to both BFS and BHD then choose BHD. Nothing wrong with BFS but BHD is so convenient if you are heading into the city and the airport is very modern, light and pleasant.
Like a fine wine, one gets better with age.