Pe@rson
Topic Author

I Have Been Up All Night...

Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:49 pm

...doing work and, when I got bored, posting on here. My eyes hurt - they're somewhat sore. Still, onwards and upwards - no pain, no gain. Dedicated or stupid? Dedicatedly stupid, if you ask me. What time does Morrisons open? I don't know. I'm going mad. Noooo.  Silly
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

skidmarks

RE: I Have Been Up All Night...

Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:53 pm

What do you mean "going mad"!! You've been certifiable for ages!! And if you spent less time on here and more time working you wouldn't have to stay up all night. Oh, and definately less time drinking. Big grin

Have a nice day

Andy  old 
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

Pe@rson
Topic Author

Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:56 pm

LOL. I always have a window or two open while working. Helps me think. Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.  Big grin
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

SFOMEX

Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:00 pm

I remember doing that during my college years. Working in a paper the whole night, taking coffee and internet breaks before getting back to the paper, finishing it just on time for a shower and taking off for the first class. Good luck!
The only thing worst than the GOP is the Democratic Party, think about it!

Pe@rson
Topic Author

Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:02 pm

Quoting SFOMEX (Reply 3):
I remember doing that during my college years.

This is my ... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... my fifth year at university! I should have learned by now.  Silly Ahhhhh it's all right - makes you feel alive and stuff.

saxdiva

Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:34 pm

Pearson--if it makes you feel any better, it's 01:30 California time, and I won't be going to bed anytime soon. I have a lecture to prepare for Friday afternoon, another one for Tuesday, and a third chapter for my thesis (the methodology summary) to write somewhere along the way.

What really sucks is this is the second night in a row. It's usually on day three that I start hallucinating, so at least this afternoon should be a lot of fun.  hypnotized 

Hang in there... the coffee is on me.

-Leanne

Pe@rson
Topic Author

Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:40 pm

Quoting Saxdiva (Reply 5):
I have a lecture to prepare for Friday afternoon, another one for Tuesday, and a third chapter for my thesis (the methodology summary) to write somewhere along the way.

You should manage your time more effectively, eh?  Silly  Wink Learn from the master! LOL. Well, I now do research - no lectures, seminars, etc. - for my chosen thesis, but seeing as I obviously like the area it is hard to put it down sometimes. Guess the key is to distance yourself every so often. Anyway, I'm rambling...

Quoting Saxdiva (Reply 5):
the coffee is on me.

Why thank you! You buy the coffee, I'll get the doughnuts. Yum!  Big grin I'll even let you pick them.  Big grin

chat 

aerorobnz

Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:12 pm

Quoting Pe@rson (Thread starter):
What time does Morrisons open?

I believe it is 8am except for Sunday which is 8.30. That is what my local used to run.

To be honest staying up sounds like what I do every night. It has been a very rare day in the last year that I have been to sleep before 0100. I used to go for weeks at a time when I was studying. Just working/studying till late/early, and having to wind down on the computer or whatever before going to bed, or getting up to go to tech, whichever came first.
Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

JGPH1A

Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:28 pm

Tsk tsk, these students ! Spends the entire week binge-drinking and gets down to serious graft 10 minutes before it's due ! I don't know...

Have a pot-noodle and get back to work, you idle layabout !

What are you lecturing on ? Just cut 'n paste the thread about bad spelling, and give them that. Should shut them up  Smile
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

Pe@rson
Topic Author

Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:36 pm

LOL. I haven't had a beer for over a week now. Perhaps it's the come-down from that.  Silly Ooooh actually, there's a tin of Guinness in the fridge. Will have that while I'm watching England tonight.

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 8):
What are you lecturing on ? Just cut 'n paste the thread about bad spelling, and give them that. Should shut them up

Nowt until Sept. I have to do all my work in-between. Won't have to start preparing stuff until closer to the time, unless I truly feel like doing it in advance. Fat chance.  Wink

cornish

Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:36 pm

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 8):
lecturing

or just plain letching - the young and impressionable first year undergrad girlies Big grin

I used to do most of my essays and work thorough the night - usually spent all morning sleeping as a result. always was a night owl rather than an early bird.
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

JamieD

Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:37 pm

JGPH1A, there's only one way to describe that post:  old 

Big grin

Pe@rson
Topic Author

Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:47 pm

Quoting Cornish (Reply 10):
always was a night owl rather than an early bird.

See, I'm different: I'm lazy 24-7.  

I must ensure that, come September, I have a suitable jacket. I will have to get you, Mr Cornish, to inspect it prior to my first hour (gees, that made me sound like a prostitute!).  

I have not actually shaved for about 2 weeks now - got a nice beard, well, pretty much - and haven't had a hair cut since Xmas ( disgraceful, eh? ). I wonder whether such an appearance would go down with those nice 18-year-olds come September.  Wow!

[Edited 2005-03-30 12:48:29]

HAWK21M

Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:42 pm

I work only nights,its in the open & under weird weather,standing most of the time & minimum 9-10 hrs.

Smile

Take small breaks. Walk around.it helps.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

JGPH1A

Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:22 pm

Quoting Pe@rson (Reply 12):
I have not actually shaved for about 2 weeks now - got a nice beard, well, pretty much - and haven't had a hair cut since Xmas ( disgraceful, eh? ). I wonder whether such an appearance would go down with those nice 18-year-olds come September.

Euwuwwwuw - Wurzel Gummidge with accent to match ! Mind you, most lecturers are beardie-wierdies, you'll fit right in. I wouldn't put too much faith in the under-grad girlies though. They maybe dim as a 2W light-bulb, but they're not desperate... Big grin
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

Pe@rson
Topic Author

Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:24 pm

LMAO.  Wink So certainly no luck for you, then!  Silly

JGPH1A

Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:28 pm

Quoting Pe@rson (Reply 15):
LMAO. So certainly no luck for you, then!

Luck has nothing to do with it, my boy. Skill and initiative, skill and initiative !

174thfwff

Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:16 am

After being up for the past three days, I know the feeling. The first morning of no sleep it felt like a wicked hang over. THe second day my stomach was knotty, but I couldn't eat much. Today is the third full day with out rest and it just is downright horrible. Damn you school.

Everyone keeps asking me if I'm high because my eyes are blood shot, and my breath smells like keytones...which is even worse.
Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Staten, Uptown, what now? Lets make it happen.

Pe@rson
Topic Author

Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:23 am

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 16):
Luck has nothing to do with it, my boy. Money and force, money and force !

Money and force, eh? Ah well - it takes all types.  Wink

aerobalance

Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:43 am

Be a man, suck it up, quit your bitchin'!

old 
"Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy..."

JGPH1A

Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:24 am

Quoting Pe@rson (Reply 18):
Money and force, eh? Ah well - it takes all types.

If you have money, no force necessary !  Wink

Pe@rson
Topic Author

Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:47 am

Money as in paying for what you can't obtain naturally!

JGPH1A

Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:03 am

Quoting Pe@rson (Reply 21):
Money as in paying for what you can't obtain naturally!

Haha - such naiveté ! He thinks he gets it for free - oh you pay, all right ! Just not in cash.  Smile

Pe@rson
Topic Author

Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:14 am

LOL. Yes, I realise that. Ahhh just go back to sleep.  Silly

JGPH1A

Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:16 am

Quoting Pe@rson (Reply 23):
Ahhh just go back to sleep

Yes, do. Wouldn't want to waste your bone-idle taxpayer-subsidised student life doing actual WORK ! Idle boy.

I like your new signature.

NumberTwelve

Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:32 am

Pearson, you're our hero - being up all the night. Wow  Wink

You are a student, students are partying all day and night and are lazy. So we don't wonder that you have been up all night , mate  Wink
signature censored by admin - so check my profile

Capital146

Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:16 am

Quoting Pe@rson (Thread starter):
What time does Morrisons open?

The Bangor store opens at 08:30 on weekdays.  Wink

Unknown to you until now, I work at their Head Office and a quick word with a certain store in North Wales has ensured that nobody with a Devon accent and looking like a vagrant will be allowed to pass through their doors without my prior approval.  razz 

Perhaps the local Spa will be more lenient towards you. Big grin
Like a fine wine, one gets better with age.

Pe@rson
Topic Author

Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:28 am

LOL. I didn't realise you worked for Morrisons! Finally stopped claiming benefits, then?  Silly

Capital146

Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:38 am

Quoting Pe@rson (Reply 27):
I didn't realise you worked for Morrisons! Finally stopped claiming benefits, then?

Cheek. Big grin I have been fortunate enough to be in full employment my entire adult life, which is fortunate for you given the tax I have paid over all those years to subsidize your loafing lifestyle.  Wink

Pe@rson
Topic Author

Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:44 am

Quoting Capital146 (Reply 28):
Cheek.

CheekS - I have four!

Which would you prefer: being in employment or being a professional loafer? If you say employment you're lying.  Wink

Capital146

Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:56 am

Quoting Pe@rson (Reply 29):
CheekS - I have four!

Thanks very much for sharing, but did not want to be reminded of all pimply 4 of them.  vomit 

Quoting Pe@rson (Reply 29):
Which would you prefer: being in employment or being a professional loafer? If you say employment you're lying.

So does that mean you intend on loafing ALL of your life! You'll be voting for the party which promises a tax RISE at the next election so that you can live in the student squalor you have no doubt become accustomed to. Big grin

flight152

Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:04 am

Wow. Does anyone actually care?