KAUST
Topic Author

I Must Be Feeling Really Ambitious

Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:24 pm

Soooooo, I must be feeling really ambitious or really bored of both Smile

I sent an online form for more information from the US Navy. I have somehow convinced myself that I will fly for them. (But not necessarily from the carriers.) I doubt they'd take me, what with my medical history and all, though I had lately been struggling to find a really authentic and structured way in which to whip myself back into shape, and hell, maybe this is one such way.

I have a friend who joined the Marine Corps. with a mental health condition, and while she took the medication, so I suppose it can be done. Assuming they actually do take me, I'd hope to go to school on the officer's plan. I am still at the right age I believe for that, still have 5 more years.

But then again, maybe I am just really ambitious or really bored, haha.

KAUST
"Houston, this is Apollo 8. We are now in Lunar orbit."

Gofly

RE: I Must Be Feeling Really Ambitious

Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:12 pm

Ambitious............ That wouldn't have been my choice of words  Wink
Living the high life on my ex-Airliners.net Moderator pension...

UTA_flyinghigh

Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:15 pm

My guess would be you are

Quoting KAUST (Thread starter):
really bored

Quoting KAUST (Thread starter):
I had lately been struggling to find a really authentic and structured way in which to whip myself back into shape, and hell, maybe this is one such way.

Get into law enforcement and run after suspects  Wink

UTA
Fly to live, live to fly - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BMI Diamond Club Gold, Emirates Skywards

skidmarks

Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:23 pm

Mediacl condition? And you want to join the armed forces - albeit the American armed forces. What sort of medical condition? I would assume from your post it isnt serious - like dementia or only one leg - but will it stop you flying?

My son wanted to fly for the RAF but he had athsma years ago, now he has been told he'll never fly for them.

Stay bored, post on A.net and live a life of trouble free banality, thats my advice Big grin

Nice to see you back UTA - gonna stay good now? (As if!!)

Andy  old 
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

AR1300

Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:44 pm

Uta!!! you didn't shoot yourself like that guy said the other day you are gonna do!!  Big grin  stirthepot  Welcome back!!

Mike.
You are now free to move about the cabin

aerorobnz

Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:27 pm

Quoting UTA_flyinghigh (Reply 2):
Get into law enforcement and run after suspects

And you get to shoot crims legally. If there's any backlash just claim mental instability and get off that way... it sounds a win win situation to me.
Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.