dragon-wings

Computer Date And Time Changes

Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:56 pm

You know how on the taskbar there is the clock and the date? Well mine keeps gwtting changed (not the time but the date). I checked for viruses and spyware but didn't find any. Is there any reason why the date keeps getting changed by itself?

(like today when I turned on the computer the date said Thursday April 28th)
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

theCoz

RE: Computer Date And Time Changes

Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:10 pm

If the little battery on your motherboard that holds info when your computer is turned off is dead, you may get some anomolies with your date/time. The fact that it goes to a future date kind of makes me wonder if it may be another kind of problem though.

Go ahead and give the box a few wacks with a large hammer. That should do the job.

LOT767-300ER

RE: Computer Date And Time Changes

Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:25 pm

"If the little battery on your motherboard that holds info when your computer is turned off is dead, you may get some anomolies with your date/time. The fact that it goes to a future date kind of makes me wonder if it may be another kind of problem though.

Go ahead and give the box a few wacks with a large hammer. That should do the job."

It could be the motherboard battery...which depending on your motherboard (On a standard Intel board i think it may be a CR2 or 6 battery. Hell i even changed mine on one of my desktops and ran to walgreens to get it at 2am because i was pissed off (Eventually i found out i accidentally switched the jumper cables for boot)

Anyways you could try that, which is the first logical choice (However it makes me wonder why a dead battery would skip ahead to dates that are not yet there.)