flyboy36y

I Need Help With Poland Tourism/Travel

Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:13 am

Hello, I will be in Poland from June 22-25. I will fly into KRK and out of KTW. I want to see old Krakow and I also want to see Aushwitz and I MUST go to Bytom. My great grandmother is burried in Bytom. What is the best way to see the sights? I was thinking that I could visit Krakow for three nights. I can explore the first day and second day go to Aushwitz. The third day I can go to Bytom and see my great grandmother. Each day, when I return to Krakow, I can see the sights there. I will get to KTW from Krakow using the Wizz Air bus for 44 PLN. Does that sound good?
How can I get to Bytom from Krarkow???

THANKS!

LHMark

RE: I Need Help With Poland Tourism/Travel

Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:20 am

Oh, please come to Poland! Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease we will be so nice to you!

signed, the Polish Tourism Board
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

L410Turbolet

Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:31 am

Quoting Flyboy36y (Thread starter):
How can I get to Bytom from Krarkow???

By train. The trip takes between 2-3 hours and you change trains in Katowice anyway.

http://rozklad.pkpik.pl/bin/query.exe/en?

Jarek

Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:40 am

Flyboy,

welcome to Poland  Smile Your plan sounds good, but let me give you some tips.
If you go to Bytom it does not make much sense to go back to Krakow and then to Katowice for your flight. I would do it as the last thing in your trip and go directly from Bytom to the airport eventually staying overnight in Bytom or Katowice. Otherwise you would be simply going forth and back.

You might take the train, it's probably the the easiest.
You can find the connections here
http://rozklad.pkpik.pl/bin/query.ex...ent=b6.0456367.1114633610&OK#focus

Also, while staying in Krakow it should be very easy to get the one day trips to Auchwitz, but also I would STRONGLY recommend to go to Wieliczka salt mine. This is very unique thing you can not find any other place in teh world.
In my mind this is THE MUST in Poland.

See here
http://www.kopalnia.pl/english/index.html

Enjoy. Let me know if you need more help.

Regards
Jarek

LOT767-300ER

Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:19 am

"Oh, please come to Poland! Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease we will be so nice to you!"

No wonder ignorant stuff like that flies from an idiot who lives in *gasp* Rochester.

LHMark

Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:43 am

Quoting LOT767-300ER (Reply 4):
No wonder ignorant stuff like that flies from an idiot who lives in *gasp* Rochester.

Good point. Our tourism ain't exactly skyrocketing, either.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

KROC

Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:06 am

Quoting LOT767-300ER (Reply 4):

Slow down there Chi-Town. Rochester might suck, but at least we can say we are not Poland.....

Sabena332

Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:16 am

Quoting KROC (Reply 6):
Slow down there Chi-Town. Rochester might suck, but at least we can say we are not Poland.....

Which is actually worth a lot.  Wink

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

pilot kaz

Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:22 am

I went to Warsaw in Poland around 2 Weeks ago...

Never again... This was not my sort of place and a lot different to anywhere else I had been before.. It was a nice place but over crowded (awful memories of bus ride hits...).

44PLN is a good fare take it  Smile
-

emiratesa345

Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:45 am

Quoting KROC (Reply 6):

LOL Good thinking!

I also recommend Wieliczka Salt Mine. I've been there and it really is a must see.

When you go to Auszwitz, make sure that you see the sister camp Birkenau, which is a short bus ride away.

In Krakow, the Castle Wawel is something worth seeing as well!

Have a nice trip, take some pictures and write a trip report.

Mark
You and I were meant to fly, Air Canada!

L410Turbolet

Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:12 am

Quoting KROC (Reply 6):
Rochester might suck, but at least we can say we are not Poland.....

You never seem to disappoint with your intelligent remarks.  no 

LHMark

Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:26 am

I'm sure Poland isn't a bad place, but let's face it, the country is lagging behind in the Popular Vacation Destination category. Doubtless a lot of people who feel a connection to Poland think this is a grievous error.

So, Poles, enlighten us... post some pics of Poland to convince the rest of the world to spend a vacation there. I'd enjoy seeing them.

flyboy36y

Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:54 pm

Ok... from what i'm told, I will make some changes.

June 22:
Arrive Krakow (3PM). Explore Salt Mine.

June 23:
Visit Aushwitz. Explore Old Krakow

June 24:
Go to Katowice. Check into a hotel. Visit Bytom. Explore Katowice.

June 25:
Fly to BUD in Wizz.

Does that sound ok? Do I have enough time in Krakow to explore? I appreciate all suggestions on what to see and do.

mrniji

Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:06 pm

Quoting LHMARK (Reply 11):
I'm sure Poland isn't a bad place, but let's face it, the country is lagging behind in the Popular Vacation Destination category. Doubtless a lot of people who feel a connection to Poland think this is a grievous error.

Having been to Poland, I can attest hat it is one of the most gorgeous countries I have travelled too.. stayed very original and not the big "buy, buy, buy" show as in European or US countries.. wonderful nature, great food.. you can take great walks and see amazing historical sights..

Be happy that some of the ignorant users have their prejudices, as this keeps the country original, beautiful.. and you won't be harassed by people who want to kane a quick dollar..

You will have a great time in a great country
"The earth provides enough resources for everyone's need, but not for some people's greed." (Gandhi)

KROC

Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:29 pm

Quoting L410Turbolet (Reply 10):
You never seem to disappoint with your intelligent remarks.

Due to your ancestry LOT, I highly doubt you would be able to recognize something intelligent anyway...

Besides, lighten up. I was joking. Don't throw a stone then get all sad faced when there is return fire. Did ConcordeBoy hack into your name and get all emotional?

[Edited 2005-04-28 12:31:35]

mrniji

Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:53 pm

KROC, how about banning yourself for your remarks? Big grin
"The earth provides enough resources for everyone's need, but not for some people's greed." (Gandhi)

L410Turbolet

Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:00 pm

Quoting KROC (Reply 14):
Due to your ancestry LOT

LOT???  Confused  Confused  Confused

KROC

Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:06 pm

Quoting Mrniji (Reply 15):
KROC, how about banning yourself for your remarks?

I've consulted myself and have decided its against my best interests to suspend myself.  Wink

gkirk

Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:09 pm

Quoting KROC (Reply 17):
I've consulted myself and have decided its against my best interests to suspend myself. Wink

But IT IS in the best interests of everyone else  Wink
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

mrniji

Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:10 pm

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 18):
But IT IS in the best interests of everyone else

I agree.. a tiimeout from a.net might help you Big grin

KROC

Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:46 pm

Quoting Mrniji (Reply 19):
I agree.. a tiimeout from a.net might help you

The weekend is coming up - I'm rarely on if at all. Unlike most of you suckas, I actually have a semblance of a life.  Wink

Mika - I don't expect anything from you except you sucking a great big plastic deek to get your pistacio tobacco fix...and of course my with my extremely low expectaions of you...I'm never disappointed. Well done chump.

mika

Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:51 pm

Mika - I don't expect anything from you except you sucking a great big plastic deek to get your pistacio tobacco fix...and of course my with my extremely low expectaions of you...I'm never disappointed. Well done chump.

Hit a nerve there, didnt i?  Wink

KROC

Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:49 pm

Nope - Its shit talking. All in fun.

mika

Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:57 pm

Very well then.  bigthumbsup 

flyboy36y

Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:43 am

its great how shitty A.net has become. Instead of helping me with my travel plans, some users have posted with pure bullshit. No wonder nobody takes this site seriously. Thank you to all those who gave me good advice.

KROC

Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:32 am

Here ya go Flyboy...

aa61hvy

Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:54 am

Last time I checked this wasn't a travel agency...Get over it Flyboy
Go big or go home

Logan22L

Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:02 am

Here you go, AA61hvy, wipe your nose off. KROC can take care of himself.

Logan
"The deeper you go, the higher you fly. The higher you fly, the deeper you go."

aa61hvy

Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:04 am

Just thought I'd re-emphasize the point.
Go big or go home

mrniji

Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:28 pm

Quoting Flyboy36y (Reply 25):
its great how shitty A.net has become. Instead of helping me with my travel plans, some users have posted with pure bullshit

I agree... Thanks to our hon'ble mod KROC...  Wink

ANYONE WANTS A BAN FOR HIM SHOUT : ME! Big grin

emiratesa345

Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:42 pm

Quoting Mrniji (Reply 13):
You will have a great time in a great country

A great time? Yes...

A great country? What have you been smoking?

Flyboy,

You're missing Wawel on your itinerary. It honestly is an amazing castle, spending a day exploring it would definitely be a day well spent.

I noticed you plan to visit Wieliczka at 3pm. I would advise going earlier. Poland is different than it is here with tourism. Most places open in the morning and close in the afternoon rather than running from afternoon to evening.

Mark

LOT767-300ER

Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:37 pm

"Slow down there Chi-Town. Rochester might suck, but at least we can say we are not Poland....."

Much more polluted, way more boring. Hell in Poland, we have laxed laws, beautiful mountains, lakes, forest, sea, we can drink when we are 18 legally (and for that matter of fact no one knows how to ID anyways) and pretty much do anything we want to. Hell, a place like Rochester doesnt even have Mars Bars..

"
Due to your ancestry LOT, I highly doubt you would be able to recognize something intelligent anyway..."

My grades in school, my test scores and my ability to get a full ride to almost every college in this nation , learning 2 other languages, and having a pretty good looking girl beg to differ. Im wondering why im even arguing with you? In the end you are right, its hard to recognize something intelligent from Rochester that even speculates of the thought that baseball is a sport

I have to say one positive comment about Crapchester, its not BUFFALO.

I had to edit for that last comment because I thought of the time I had to drive through that godawful place called Buffalo.

[Edited 2005-04-29 08:42:28]

flyboy36y

Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:38 pm

AA61hvy,

Keep making an ass out of yourself. KROC too. Sometimes I think we were better off with Hepkat. I'm not polish, so I am not crying over it. My great grandmother lived there, she was not from there.

Helpfull people:

I'm ariving into KRK on the easyjet flight. I should be at the hotel (can you reccomend a cheap one or a hostel, but no dorm - private room only) by 3pm and ready to explore. I may have a hectic itinerary, but I'll get it done.

mrniji

Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:45 pm

Quoting Flyboy36y (Reply 33):
(can you reccomend a cheap one or a hostel, but no dorm - private room only)

Be very saey on that.. acco is so cheap and easy to find..

Quoting EmiratesA345 (Reply 31):
A great country? What have you been smoking?

Hmmm, sometimes M, sometimes H.. - seriously, I have been a couple of times there, and I love that country, as it has stayed authentic, as opposed to the countries you show in your flag and your usernames, respectively. Before you make assertions like these think whether you hit the point or rather disrupt the discussion, showing your intolerance

AA61hvy,

Keep making an ass out of yourself.

You don't have to tell him, he will manage without being reminded

KROC

Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:49 pm

Quoting LOT767-300ER (Reply 32):
Much more polluted, way more boring. Hell in Poland, we have laxed laws, beautiful mountains, lakes, forest, sea, we can drink when we are 18 legally (and for that matter of fact no one knows how to ID anyways) and pretty much do anything we want to. Hell, a place like Rochester doesnt even have Mars Bars..

Wow - I had no idea a places status was determined by the availability of a 3rd rate candy bar. Good call LOT. Besides, if you look hard enough you can find them here too. And all your happy little list os why Poland is "good"...you can find all those in Western NY too.

Quoting LOT767-300ER (Reply 32):
My grades in school, my test scores and my ability to get a full ride to almost every college in this nation , learning 2 other languages, and having a pretty good looking girl beg to differ. Im wondering why im even arguing with you? In the end you are right, its hard to recognize something intelligent from Rochester that even speculates of the thought that baseball is a sport

I have to say one positive comment about Crapchester, its not BUFFALO.

You are arguing with me because you are insecure and after attacking Crapchester, you are now whining because I am cracking on you. Man up son. Your laundry list of grades, girlfriends, colleges doesn't impress anyone...trying to convince yourself of something? I won't tell...honest. Also, we all know about the inferiority complex Chicago and its residents feel when compared to NYC and L.A. and such. Listen - If you have to try and bag on a mid-sized city with a struggling local economy to make yourself feel better ... then its going to take more than that to help you get over. Oh and baseball is a real sport. You must be a Soccer Fan (it would explain that complex you have working) and that will end the argument. I won't pile on you there because next thing you know, you will be starting your own suicide thread. I wouldn't want your death on my hands.

And the only thing you said that has merit...Crapchester isn't Buffalo. Well done.  Wink

AA61hvy,

Keep making an ass out of yourself. KROC too. Sometimes I think we were better off with Hepkat. I'm not polish, so I am not crying over it. My great grandmother lived there, she was not from there.

You know its funny Flyboy, I know we are better off when you actually don't post on the forum. And just cause you're not Polish doesn't mean you're not a bag of tears busting at the seems. Get back in the closet...you know, with your sexuality.

Usairwys757

Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:37 pm

Well damn, I came in this thread to learn about the great country of Poland. And not one person has been discussing it. Its ruined my damn day to tell you the truth.  Wink
Inactive.....

mrniji

Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:51 pm

Quoting Usairwys757 (Reply 36):
Well damn, I came in this thread to learn about the great country of Poland. And not one person has been discussing it. Its ruined my damn day to tell you the truth.

Our mod and buddy KROC has done a great job heere.. banned me once for similar stuff and is now in the process of disrupting a useful thread...  Wink

Sabena332

Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:59 pm

This thread is a good example that George W. Bush's add campaign was successful:  

Patrick

[Edited 2005-04-29 14:00:26]
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

LO231

Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:18 pm

Where are those pictures? I'm really interested to see them.
Got both LO 788 frames already, next LO E95 and 734 BRU-WAW-BRU

LOT767-300ER

Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:34 am

"
You are arguing with me because you are insecure and after attacking Crapchester, you are now whining because I am cracking on you. Man up son. Your laundry list of grades, girlfriends, colleges doesn't impress anyone...trying to convince yourself of something? I won't tell...honest. Also, we all know about the inferiority complex Chicago and its residents feel when compared to NYC and L.A. and such. Listen - If you have to try and bag on a mid-sized city with a struggling local economy to make yourself feel better ... then its going to take more than that to help you get over. Oh and baseball is a real sport. You must be a Soccer Fan (it would explain that complex you have working) and that will end the argument. I won't pile on you there because next thing you know, you will be starting your own suicide thread. I wouldn't want your death on my hands."

I am insecure? Haha! Dont make me laugh...Im stable enough to sleep for 11 hours and not sit on A.net replying threads, like the majority here. My laundry list isnt there to impress, simply to tell you that there is more intelligent life over here in Chicago than Rochester. I didnt bag on Rochester first, struggling economy? We are in the same boat, in 2 states where democrats control everything Sad

"
Wow - I had no idea a places status was determined by the availability of a 3rd rate candy bar. Good call LOT. Besides, if you look hard enough you can find them here too. And all your happy little list os why Poland is "good"...you can find all those in Western NY too."

Does sarcasm have to hit you in the face for you to recognize it? I was hardly serious about the Mars Bar. Ive been to W. NY, and stop convincing YOURSELF that its any good. As far as the Chicago inferiority complex, the only people who say that there even exists one live outside of Chicago. No one here wants to be bigger or even remotely like NY or LA....infact no one cares.

KROC

Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:40 am

Quoting LOT767-300ER (Reply 40):
My laundry list isnt there to impress, simply to tell you that there is more intelligent life over here in Chicago than Rochester. I didnt bag on Rochester first, struggling economy? We are in the same boat, in 2 states where democrats control everything

You realize we are both pissing into the wind on this right? And you Bagged on Crap-town in response to LHMark. He is at fault for all of this.  Wink

Quoting LOT767-300ER (Reply 40):
Does sarcasm have to hit you in the face for you to recognize it? I was hardly serious about the Mars Bar. Ive been to W. NY, and stop convincing YOURSELF that its any good. As far as the Chicago inferiority complex, the only people who say that there even exists one live outside of Chicago. No one here wants to be bigger or even remotely like NY or LA....infact no one cares.

Speaking of sarcasm...do i have to gift wrap it for you? Thats what teh inferiority complex was. As far as Western NY and its "goodness". Please. It doesn't suck, and if you say it does...its only because you are trying to save face in the argument. I'm not saying is a stellar area, but its not bad for everything around. I mean we could be Toledo, Gary, or Cleveland (and thank god we're not). Relax brother. Its all in fun.

LOT767-300ER

Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:06 am

"You realize we are both pissing into the wind on this right? And you Bagged on Crap-town in response to LHMark. He is at fault for all of this. Wink"

Yea I do, thats why its worthless.

"Speaking of sarcasm...do i have to gift wrap it for you? Thats what teh inferiority complex was. As far as Western NY and its "goodness". Please. It doesn't suck, and if you say it does...its only because you are trying to save face in the argument. I'm not saying is a stellar area, but its not bad for everything around. I mean we could be Toledo, Gary, or Cleveland (and thank god we're not). Relax brother. Its all in fun."

Gary, Indiana. Home of Superfly is in a category all by itself. Im not trying to save arguments, but that doesnt matter. Im done arguing, the hell im going to drag this like a liberal.

LHMark

Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:53 am

Oh, so now I'M the instigator? I just mentioned that Poland gets a bum rap as a tourist destination. It's not like I called you out for forgetting the recipe for ice cubes or anything. Sheesh.

LH423

Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:46 am

I've got a trip planned. I'm flying into Vienna, then going to Prague then onward to Kraków. How many days do you recommend that that I spend in Kraków keeping in mind that I'm also going to Vienna and Prague, and only have 8 days to do it?

Also, now that CZ and PL are part of the EU will I get stamps entering by train to CZ and PL? I'll be taking the train from Vienna to Prague and then most likely taking the train from Prague to Kraków. I'd love to get both a CZ and PL stamp.

LH423

[Edited 2005-04-30 01:05:42]
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

LOT767-300ER

Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:08 am

"I've got a trip planned. I'm flying into Vienna, then going to Prague then onward to Kraków. How many days do you recommend that that I spend in Kraków keeping in mind that I'm also going to Vienna and Prague, and only have 8 days to do it?"

Simple answer is 2 days...or get there in the afternoon and leave next night.

"Oh, so now I'M the instigator? I just mentioned that Poland gets a bum rap as a tourist destination."

Check this out

http://www.cylist.com/List/400300085...st_Destinations_1998__Top_20_.html
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/eco_tou_arr
http://www.gauteng.net/research/pdf/global_top30.pdf

Sadly by 2002 we went down to the #14 spot hehe, but should be up there in 2004 again. The drop in US tourism due to 9/11 is pretty damn big..can you say visa waiver/biometrics?

emiratesa345

Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:06 am

Quoting Mrniji (Reply 34):
Hmmm, sometimes M, sometimes H.. - seriously, I have been a couple of times there, and I love that country, as it has stayed authentic, as opposed to the countries you show in your flag and your usernames, respectively. Before you make assertions like these think whether you hit the point or rather disrupt the discussion, showing your intolerance

I have been there a couple of times myself and it is far from a "great country" as you put it. I did hit the point on the head, its a shithole. This doesn't show intolerance, it shows the truth.

Mark

mrniji

Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:09 pm

Quoting EmiratesA345 (Reply 46):
I have been there a couple of times myself and it is far from a "great country" as you put it. I did hit the point on the head, its a shithole. This doesn't show intolerance, it shows the truth.

So the truth is what you say? And calling a country a shithole is not intolerant??

I leave this uncommented, as other users might have the same thoughts as I do.. how pathetic

flyboy36y

Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:04 pm

You know its funny Flyboy, I know we are better off when you actually don't post on the forum. And just cause you're not Polish doesn't mean you're not a bag of tears busting at the seems. Get back in the closet...you know, with your sexuality.

Well, welll, well. If it isn't big-bad KROC here to splash his PMS juice all over us. What's the matter, another one of your wives left you? I'm sick and tired of your racist, gay-bashing, prejudiced ways. First of all, there is nothing wrong with being gay. But since I'm not gay, I can't really take offence to your BS comment.

The reason I stopped posting here is people like you who go out of their way to destroy a thread. Get a life, you've become a troll and nobody takes you seriously anymore. Go shaft yourself, KROC.

mrniji

Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:37 pm

Quoting Flyboy36y (Reply 48):
I'm sick and tired of your racist, gay-bashing, prejudiced ways

Me too - and I am glad that I am not the only one who thinks that.. he seems to have some unwritten alliance with these racist kids here on anet and is the most selective mod I have encountered, completely one-sided but with double standards. It is sad

At the beginning I thought there was some irony behind and thought he has a sweet sense of humor, but after being harassed by him with IMs yesterday, I am not that sure anymore. I am sure he is really nice in reality and a good, decent, tolerant and funny person, but yesterday (and this) was enough. I hope that the mod team takes up these issues. KROC, please stop this: you are not giving a good picture of yourself recently

Advice Flyboy36y: IGNORE KROC! I am doing the same now, as I cannot take all this serious anymore

[Edited 2005-04-30 12:49:21]