swisskloten

How Far Can Terrorists Go With Vatican Passports?

Mon May 02, 2005 1:54 am

I recently had a brief conversation with a guy who does research for either the FBI or some other big intelligence organization. Of course, he remains silent about the organization's name or whereabouts. He said that Pope Pius XII issued tons of Vatican passports to the Nazis because nobody in the world questions them. If this is true, then what steps would other countries take if a suspected terrorist's name showed up on a possibly forged Vatican passport? Is there anyone out there who works at a passport agency that can verify this? I find it almost impossible to believe that one would let potential terrorist suspects into a country just because they're afraid of annoying the Pope. Did any of the Sept. 11 hijackers have passports from countries that they knew would never be questioned? Are there other nations whose passports are never questioned anywhere in all airports of the world?

kc135topboom

RE: How Far Can Terrorists Go With Vatican Passports?

Mon May 02, 2005 3:29 am

The 9/11 hyjackers all had Saudia passports, with Visas issued by the US State department. The State Dept. still issues Visas to anyone coming here from Suadia Arabia.

It is true that Pope Pius XII issued Vatican passports to the Nazis. He also ordered thousands of Jews hidden within the Vatican City, to keep the Nazis from putting them in concentration camps.

The Pope didn't have much of a choice, since Italy was an Axis Power. Later, after Italy surrendered, the Germans controlled Rome until the day before D-Day.

777236ER

Mon May 02, 2005 3:36 am

Well, ambassadors of the Vatican have been terrorising young children for decades - the Vatican has done little about it.

I say there's quite a lot to worry about.
Your bone's got a little machine

MD-90

Mon May 02, 2005 3:39 am

Well, it's such a shame that gay predators terrorize young children at all.

777236ER

Mon May 02, 2005 3:48 am

I think it's a 'shame' when anyone terrorises any children, really.
Your bone's got a little machine

Klaus

Mon May 02, 2005 4:01 am

MD-90: Well, it's such a shame that gay predators terrorize young children at all

While straight predators are entirely okay with you, right?  crazy .