Pe@rson
Topic Author

PR Exec Job In Cairo - Interesting

Wed May 04, 2005 6:55 pm

Hi folks!

I am in negociation with a firm in Cairo (where I have lived before) over becoming a PR Executive with them (the firm is one of the biggest ISP in the region). It would not be that difficult: it would be proof-reading work and writing press releases for them.

This is not something that I was interested in when I applied (it was just a bit of fun to see if I would do well) but I am more inclined now, not least because they seem interested and keen. It is still in a very early stage but it's exciting. I could possibly postpone my research for a year and then return to it. Hmm. And then there's the girlfriend. Grrr.

Anyway, does anyone have similar experiences?
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

MaverickM11

RE: PR Exec Job In Cairo - Interesting

Thu May 05, 2005 12:24 am

Did you like living in Cairo? Personally I like trees and snow so I couldn't do it for more than a couple weeks.
E pur si muove -Galileo

Pe@rson
Topic Author

Thu May 05, 2005 12:25 am

Definitely! A superb city.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

JGPH1A

Thu May 05, 2005 12:29 am

It sounds like a nice job, and it's great to work in different countries - and if you've live in Cairo before and enjoyed, all the better. (I'm fairly sure Egypt will let you keep your girlfriend, just get her a yashmak and some see-through trousies - ooh, cue Turkish Delight fantasy scene !)

PR is a bit of a fluffy bunny job (ie. not real actual work, cf Edina Monsoon), but if it pays the bills and gives you the chance to work abroad, do it.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers