rjpieces

What Happens If Israel Bombs Iran?

Thu May 05, 2005 4:35 am

What happens if we turn on CNN tomorrow morning and we hear that Israel bombed Iran's nuclear facilities? A lot of skeptics have claimed that Israel isn't capable of pulling it off, but military wise they have the aircraft, submarines, and weapons to pull it off.

Do you think that it will be similiar to Iraq in the 80s when the Arab world quietly breathed a sign of collective relief that Saddam wouldn't get weapons? Or do you think Iran might risk a counterattack against Israel and risk bringing the US into the war (since between Israel and Iran lies Iraq and 135,000 US troops).
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

StevenUhl777

RE: What Happens If Israel Bombs Iran?

Thu May 05, 2005 4:36 am

All hell breaks loose...

Simple as that.
And the winner for best actress is....REESE WITHERSPOON for 'Walk the Line'!!!!!!!!

Greyhound

Thu May 05, 2005 4:38 am

Quoting StevenUhl777 (Reply 1):
All hell breaks loose...

Simple as that

ditto...
29th, Let's Go!

rjpieces

Thu May 05, 2005 4:38 am

Quoting StevenUhl777 (Reply 1):
All hell breaks loose...

Simple as that.

I don't know...You could have said the same thing in 1981 before Israel bombed Iraq's reactor and very little happened (except for the UN condemnation, but what's new).
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

Greyhound

Thu May 05, 2005 5:10 am

With the situation in the Middle East as it is now, I would think Iran would react much more strongly against Israel than Iraq did. Would they be afraid of drawing the U.S. into it? I don't think so.
29th, Let's Go!

windshear

Thu May 05, 2005 5:16 am

Hmm...
Well...
They bombed a Nuclear installation in Iraq in the mid 80's which was succesful.

It's hard to say, I think Israels self protection policy would grow into selfish behavior if they did so.
Israel has great respect of Iran, not their rule, but their people, the two has a history of trust and friendship, many Jews from Iran and in Iran.

They are planning it, but it is only as a last resort. Depends on how and what will happen.

But if we were to wake up "tomorrow" then it would be a failed mission no matter the outcome.

If Iran turns aggressive, then it might be for the best???? I don't know.
Can't stand the thought of aggression being a resort, no matter it's place in time!

Boaz...
"If you believe breaking is possible, believe in fixing also"-Rebbe Nachman

Mir

Thu May 05, 2005 5:44 am

I think things would get pretty messy, at least diplomatically.

Israel bombing Iran would be bad for the US, because the entire world knows that we supported it. Europe wouldn't like it at all (they'd get over it soon enough though), but the main problem is that it might start an all-out war between Israel and the terrorist groups in the area, maybe even some of the countries. Israel would win that war, but it would be bloody, and many civilian lives would be lost.

Now that I think about it, it may even be better for the US and Israel if we did it. Wouldn't be good for Iraq though - you'd see the insurgency there flare up right away.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

slider

Thu May 05, 2005 5:54 am

It would be one less temptation for our present administration to deploy troops in Iran, which I feel is sadly inevitable.

I think Iran is unstable and doesn't need military intervention.

rjpieces

Thu May 05, 2005 6:20 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 6):
but the main problem is that it might start an all-out war between Israel and the terrorist groups in the area,

You act as if there is peace now between Israel and the terrorist groups that seek to destroy it.

Quoting Slider (Reply 7):
It would be one less temptation for our present administration to deploy troops in Iran, which I feel is sadly inevitable.

Nonsense. The US would never be able to invade and control Iran. Everyone knows this. A fullscale US invasion is hardly an option, nor would it be effective for the mission at hand (Stopping Iran from getting nukes).

artsyman

Thu May 05, 2005 6:22 am

Well, as diplomatic efforts have really gotten everyone nowhere, is it the opinion of those on a.net that it would be a better option to just allow Iran to have Nuclear Weapons ?

Talk about a dodgy situation in the world if they are allowed to have them.
J

N1120A

Thu May 05, 2005 6:44 am

Why do you always start threads like this? You know they will just get a reaction, first from people like you who say Israel can do no wrong even though it is obvious that they are one of the top terrorist nations in the world (yeah, I said it), then it will get a response from me, one of the few Iranians, and then one of the many Arabs. How about you give up your racist, hawkish, murder-sponsoring threads and post about something else?

If you want the true answer to this, here it is. If Israel did this, they would be in for a major conflict, one they would lose as Iran has strategic position, a large, well trained military and the strongest Air Force in the region (with the possible exception of Israel). They also have some of the strongest nationalism that exists. In fact, you want to guarentee that a$$holes like Khamnei and Rafsanjani stay in power?? Have Israel attack Iran. That is what happened when Iraq invaded Iran, and it is what would happen now, because Iranians would unite to fight that kind of breach of sovereignty. The only way Israel would win in such a conflict would be if they used their nuclear weapons, which would of course gain instant international scorn and condemnation, even from the U.S. and instantly lose them any support they have in the world. So, you wanted the truth in this thread, you got it. Now stop posting racist crap like this.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

edka

Thu May 05, 2005 6:44 am

Quoting Artsyman (Reply 9):
Well, as diplomatic efforts have really gotten everyone nowhere, is it the opinion of those on a.net that it would be a better option to just allow Iran to have Nuclear Weapons ?

No, my opinion is that Iran should not be allowed to have nuclear weapons.
I believe that the less countries that have it, the better.

For me, the point is simple:
The ones that already have it - there is nothing we can do about it. Well, actually we can ask them to get rid of it, but it will never happen.

New nukes = new problems...
I think the world has enough problems to sort out already...

windshear

Thu May 05, 2005 7:47 am

EDKA totally!!

But I think this thread is kinda strange, as this scenario is something we don't want to see.

Boaz...
"If you believe breaking is possible, believe in fixing also"-Rebbe Nachman

Mir

Thu May 05, 2005 10:21 am

Quoting RJpieces (Reply 8):
You act as if there is peace now between Israel and the terrorist groups that seek to destroy it.

There's certainly no peace at the present time, but from what I can see there is somewhat of a quiet period between the two. I may be wrong, but that's the feeling that I'm getting

In any case, whether there is a calm period there right now or not, Israel attacking Iran would only increase the level of violence.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

libtardslayer

Thu May 05, 2005 11:24 am

Quoting RJpieces (Thread starter):
What happens if we turn on CNN tomorrow morning and we hear that Israel bombed Iran's nuclear facilities? A lot of skeptics have claimed that Israel isn't capable of pulling it off, but military wise they have the aircraft, submarines, and weapons to pull it off.

We should definitely support Israel 100%. They are a free country and tyranny has no place in the world. I know I'll get some flames from antisemetic people, but so be it.

edka

Thu May 05, 2005 6:59 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 10):
You know they will just get a reaction, first from people like you who say Israel can do no wrong even though it is obvious that they are one of the top terrorist nations in the world (yeah, I said it)

N1120A - your comments are way out of line, WTF do you think you are calling the WHOLE NATION terrorists?? Talking about racism and generalisation...

7LBAC111

Thu May 05, 2005 7:59 pm

Why do you always start threads like this? You know they will just get a reaction, first from people like you who say Israel can do no wrong even though it is obvious that they are one of the top terrorist nations in the world (yeah, I said it), then it will get a response from me, one of the few Iranians, and then one of the many Arabs. How about you give up your racist, hawkish, murder-sponsoring threads and post about something else?

If it bothers you so much, don't react. Simple decision methinks. And a little hypocrisy by including ....

even though it is obvious that they are one of the top terrorist nations in the world

That, which surely you must know, will also provoke others to react?

7LBAC111
Debate is what you put on de hook when you want to catch de fish.

ly7e7

Thu May 05, 2005 9:11 pm

Quoting EDKA (Reply 15):
N1120A - your comments are way out of line, WTF do you think you are calling the WHOLE NATION terrorists?? Talking about racism and generalisation...

Is N1120A's racism new to you?
2 things are endless: ignorance and space

jwenting

Thu May 05, 2005 9:51 pm

French and anti-semitic? Nah, can't be  Wink

If Israel is smart they plan to take out Iran's nuclear capability but don't execute those plans unless Iran actively threatens and prepares to use that capability.
And as Israel is quite smart that's most likely what they're doing.

But of course the anti-Israeli conspiracy theorists will insist that the Nazi regime in Tel Aviv is just waiting for an excuse to murder some more peaceful Muslims.
I wish I were flying

RayChuang

Fri May 06, 2005 12:23 am

Public diplomatic reaction: "We condemn this act by the Zionist imperialists."

Private diplomatic reaction: "We're so glad that Iran is no longer able to threaten the oilfields on the southern coast of the Persian Gulf." Not mention relief in Europe that they won't be within range of Iranian nuclear-armed missiles.

ly7e7

Fri May 06, 2005 12:51 am

Quoting Jwenting (Reply 18):
French and anti-semitic? Nah, can't be

If I recall correctly he is Amercian , who is ashamed of his nation.

LY744

Fri May 06, 2005 1:38 am

If you want the true answer to this, here it is. If Israel did this, they would be in for a major conflict, one they would lose as Iran has strategic position, a large, well trained military and the strongest Air Force in the region (with the possible exception of Israel). They also have some of the strongest nationalism that exists

In a word, no. Iran has no effective means of retaliating militarily against Israel, period. What they do have is offset by Israel's respective defensive measures (ballistic defence system etc.).

This is not to say that I necessarily condone any Israeli action against Iran, but fact is (again, speaking from a strictily military perspective), Israel has the ability to strike Iranian targets and 'get away with it'.

LY744.
Pacifism only works if EVERYBODY practices it

ConcordeBoy

Fri May 06, 2005 1:52 am

Quoting LY7E7 (Reply 17):

...or is the gratuitious, jaded, trite (and more-often-than-not: horrifically mangled) use of the word "racism" new to anyone?  Yeah sure
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

allstarflyer

Fri May 06, 2005 2:17 am

What happens if we turn on CNN tomorrow morning and we hear that Israel bombed Iran's nuclear facilities?

Israel would be in for the fight of its life. Bush would be forced to choose sides in a region where several presidents have tried to broker peace (Carter, Clinton and now Bush - with his sentiments of creating a separate Palestinian state - come to mind), not that Bush is concerned about winning new friends among nations like Syria and Iran. Muslims around the Middle East would unite (to one degree or another - it would probably be a pretty solid sense of unity) Palestinians would step up terrorist bombings. Syria would resort to greater subterfuge. War would break out in Lebanon, as it would be a hotly contested area with Israel military aircraft already (if I'm not mistaken) flying over Lebanese airspace. Ties with Turkey and other nations (with whom Israel has loose or lukewarm ties - I'm thinking Saudi Arabia would be best described here, too) would collapse. Terrorists would flood nations like Jordan, even Egypt, looking for a closer shot at Israel. The UN would weakly try to step in. The US and Britain would probably support Israel from afar. France would continue its policy of trying to subtley support Arab countries. The EU would, as a whole, condemn Israel. And the Iranians would turn life into misery for US troops in Iraq as they would push toward Israel. Air battles would ensue over Jordan and Iraq. Israel would then crush the Iranian Air Force and commence heavy bombing of Iran. Arabs everywhere would then unite en masse and commence terrorist bombings around the world against Jews and their allies (especially here). Arabs would also seek to commence terrorist bombings en masse in Israel. Forces from several Arab countries would then assemble for a ground war. Israel would then threaten the Arab world (and any allies of theirs) with nuclear weapons. And then . . . , well, I'm a Christian, and to me, that would signal some pretty notable events to follow, though others would not see it as such. But even if others didn't see it as such, it would be a major conflict in the Middle East, and it would provoke other conflicts (to various degrees) worldwide.

That's what would happen.  Wink

-R
Living the American Dream

cedarjet

Fri May 06, 2005 2:33 am

Why is it a bad idea for Iran to have nukes, but it's OK for the likes of Israel and Pakistan?

And why is it "anti-semitic" to oppose what Israel does to the Palestinians? If Israel was the national expression of Buddism instead of Judiasm, would any critic be less critical? No.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

yyz717

Fri May 06, 2005 2:44 am

Iran is an undemocratic nasty regime aligned with and supporting many terrorist groups. It should be prevented from gaining nuclear weapons. However, a direct attack by Israel (while laudable) will be met with vast diplomatic repercussions. Best approach is for Mosad to do some sabotage in Iran, whether destabilize the regime or bomb the nuclear facilities.

Quoting Cedarjet (Reply 24):
Why is it a bad idea for Iran to have nukes, but it's OK for the likes of Israel and Pakistan?

Israel is a democracy and has never used its nukes. Israel can be trusted with nukes. Pakistan is less stable and veers between dictatorship and corrupt democracy (I'm not sure which is worse) and is known to have provided nuclear technology to North Korea and Libya, and possibly Iran. It is NOT ok that Pakistan has nukes, but they do.

Iran is a vile oppressive undemocratic nation that violently and relentlessly oppressed its own people.

Somehow, Iran's nuclear capabilities should be stopped. The covert approach might be better than the overt approach.

They also have some of the strongest nationalism that exists. In fact, you want to guarentee that a$$holes like Khamnei and Rafsanjani stay in power?? Have Israel attack Iran.

Good point. But if the nuclear sites can be destroyed, it MIGHT be worth the price. On the other hand, apparently Iran's nuclear sites are spread throughout the country making it difficult to derail them in full.
I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

jwenting

Fri May 06, 2005 3:01 am

Quoting LY7E7 (Reply 20):
If I recall correctly he is Amercian , who is ashamed of his nation.

So he's french at heart  Smile
I wish I were flying

N1120A

Fri May 06, 2005 3:11 am

Quoting EDKA (Reply 15):

No, I was not calling the whole nation terrorists, unless every single time people like LY7E7, RJpieces, KiwiNanday and the like call Iran a terrorist nation are also saying the same thing. I did not say "a nation of terrorists" as I know the average, everyday Israeli doesn't go stealing military plans from its "allies", supporting organizations like Campus Watch and the JDL and torturing people.

My racism? What, because I don't pledge my undying love to Israel? Or perhaps because I give a damn about the people and history of Iran? Or perhaps because I qualify just as strongly as anyone here as Jewish, yet don't think a religious identity should apply to any country (Israel and Iran both)?

Quoting Jwenting (Reply 18):
French and anti-semitic? Nah, can't be

No, I am not anti-Jewish or anti-Arab (look up Semite), I oppose Israel's policies.

Quoting LY744 (Reply 21):
In a word, no. Iran has no effective means of retaliating militarily against Israel, period. What they do have is offset by Israel's respective defensive measures (ballistic defence system etc.).

Iran has a much larger military than Israel, as well as having more raw armor. They are also not all that far behind technologically, as long as the US is not involved.

edka

Fri May 06, 2005 4:00 am

Quoting Cedarjet (Reply 24):

Cedarjet
like i have mentioned in my earleir message, the reason i believe its a bad idea for Iran to have nukes its because i strongly believe that less countries that have it the better. The world is safer place without nukes, thats what i believe in anyway...
Now, the fact that it is Iran adds more compexity to the issue - as simple as that...
Remember the Pakistani bloke (i can't remeber which position did he have in Pakistan) who got caught selling some materials and technology to Libya?

Quoting N1120A (Reply 27):
No, I was not calling the whole nation terrorists

Didn't you?

You know they will just get a reaction, first from people like you who say Israel can do no wrong even though it is obvious that they are one of the top terrorist nations in the world (yeah, I said it)

CedarWings

Fri May 06, 2005 5:47 am

Israel will never perform such a stupid act while the pro-Iranian Hizbollah party still direct thousands of rockets (still with unknown warhead types) to Northern and Central Israel.

As a Lebanese, I wish this never happen, as I don't want Israel, and Syria thereafter to justify another invasion to my country.
I didn't say it would be easy. I just said it would be the truth

ly7e7

Fri May 06, 2005 8:40 am

unless every single time people like LY7E7, RJpieces, KiwiNanday and the like call Iran a terrorist nation are also saying the same thing

When did I say that?
Have you looked up KiwiNanday's age in his profile before getting into a serious discussion with him?
Try being mature.

stealing military plans from its "allies",

Coming up with the "Kfir" again? For the 1000th time: (maybe this time you'll get it straight) the Dassault delivered the plans to IAI and helped to develop the Kfir (not to mention the US made engine and entirely Israeli avionics systems). And even if you were right (although you are wrong) it would have nothing to do with the modern IAF.

because I don't pledge my undying love to Israel?

No. Because you do pledge your undying hatred to it.

I qualify just as strongly as anyone here as Jewish

What are you trying to imply? That every a.netter is Jewish or that you are not?

yet don't think a religious identity should apply to any country

As an atheist I cannot but agree. Ever heard of Thomas More?

Iran has a much larger military than Israel, as well as having more raw armor.

I strongly suggest to read the relevant articles in IISS or Janes.

Quoting Cedarwings (Reply 29):
Israel will never perform such a stupid act while the pro-Iranian Hizbollah party still direct thousands of rockets (still with unknown warhead types) to Northern and Central Israel.

As a Lebanese, I wish this never happen, as I don't want Israel, and Syria thereafter to justify another invasion to my country.

What stops Israel in the Iranian case is the common sense and will for diplomacy to do its job. The reason for that is that no other country but Iran (including the EU and all of the Iranian neighbors) wants to see Iran powered by nuclear arsenal.

Hezbollah rockets can sting but can't perform a serious damage. Otherwise that arsenal won't be in existence today. Lebanon knows it, Syria knows it. Both governments understand that it is in their best interests to curb Hezbollah (and to persuade Iran to do the same). Assad doesn't like IAF F-16s flying over his own personal Club Med.

Quoting Cedarwings (Reply 29):
(still with unknown warhead types)

Unknown to who?  Smile

Seriously though, this thread is really silly.

N1120A

Fri May 06, 2005 3:18 pm

Quoting LY7E7 (Reply 30):
No. Because you do pledge your undying hatred to it.

I never have done that. I don't hate a single thing in this world, even George Bush.

Quoting LY7E7 (Reply 30):
I qualify just as strongly as anyone here as Jewish

What are you trying to imply? That every a.netter is Jewish or that you are not?

No, that I am considered 100% Jewish

HAWK21M

Fri May 06, 2005 6:00 pm

Operation Middle East Crisis long term......
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

mrniji

Fri May 06, 2005 6:27 pm

My racism? What, because I don't pledge my undying love to Israel? Or perhaps because I give a damn about the people and history of Iran? Or perhaps because I qualify just as strongly as anyone here as Jewish, yet don't think a religious identity should apply to any country (Israel and Iran both)?

Having observed N112A a little in the forum, I would vouch for him being everything but a racist.. he has proven to be a really nice guy here in teh forums, witha sense of humors. So your allegations are unjustified. Being critical with sth does not mean he is racist. As him, I am American, too, and ashamed of what is happening over since GWB (and particular Iraq) - so I show the flag of my ethnicity. Bottomline: don't be so hard with him, he is not a racist but rather the opposite

Quoting Yyz717 (Reply 25):
Pakistan is less stable and veers between dictatorship and corrupt democracy (I'm not sure which is worse)

Probably the corrupt democracy: at least of you take the people's perspective and consider India-Pakistan and Pakistan-global ties.. this is only my opinion though.. seeing it froma certain angle, Musharraf is the best that could happen to Pakistan.. soundz arrogant, I know, but he is clever and provide strong leadership the country needs and - is anti-islamist, i.e. has discovered the real cause of Pakistan's problems and instability
"The earth provides enough resources for everyone's need, but not for some people's greed." (Gandhi)

ly7e7

Fri May 06, 2005 9:02 pm

Quoting Mrniji (Reply 33):
and - is anti-islamist, i.e. has discovered the real cause of Pakistan's problems and instability

Are you suggesting that Islam is the real cause of Pakistan's problems and instability?

Quoting Mrniji (Reply 33):
. So your allegations are unjustified

Do explain how had he managed to call us a terrorist nation.

mrniji

Fri May 06, 2005 11:53 pm

Quoting LY7E7 (Reply 34):
Are you suggesting that Islam is the real cause of Pakistan's problems and instability?

No. While Islam was strong enough to be a driving force for the creation of Pakistan (which was the only state build on religious premises apart from Israel), it could not provide adequate nationhood (consider the difference between State- and nationhood!).. Ethnic, linguistic definitions inter alia remain huge in Pakistan (and more or less led to the secession of Bangladesh 1971). Islam per se is not the source of Pak's problem, it is the attempt with extreme Islamism to oust any other identity-building factors and t ohomogenize the Pakistani population. Other reasons are the devisions within Islam (keywords Sunni/Shi'i/ Ahmadiyas, involvement of Iran as the state with the first Shi'i revolution vs. Saudi-Arabia etc etc etc)

Religion (here Islam) per se is not the problem, it is much more complicated, particularly in the case of Pak.. look at Turkey as a 'good example' with gr8 Mustafa Kemal Atatuerk

Sorry, have to leave, so a little sort.. While I was in Uni, I wrote an essay on that.. a great book: JAfflerot, C.: "Pakistan: State without a nation?" ...

Cheers
"The earth provides enough resources for everyone's need, but not for some people's greed." (Gandhi)

LY744

Sat May 07, 2005 1:29 am

Iran has a much larger military than Israel, as well as having more raw armor

Not much help when they have to cross at least two international borders and close to 1000 miles to get to Israel.

Also, Iran has about 1600 MBTs (many of which are most likely not operational), Israel has at least 2900. Iran has ~1500 armored vehicles of other kinds, Israel has close to 5000. Iran has ~300 fighter jets, Israel has about 370 and is taking delivery of at least 50 more in the next 2 years. Both countries have 3-4 submarines. Iran does seem to have an awful lot of artillery, and probably a slight edge in number of surface ships. Any other questions? Feel free to ask...

Back to armor, Iran simply can't match the IDF's combination of sheer numbers and quality in their armored forces. As a matter of fact, the only country that can is the United States.

In conclusion, like I said earlier, Iran has no real ability to retaliate effectively against a limited Israeli attack. The capabilities they do posses are either cancelled out by Israeli defensive measures, or are not yet able to be projected the necessary distance. How long until Iran get an aircraft carrier?

They are also not all that far behind technologically, as long as the US is not involved.

I would really like to know what you meant by that.

LY744.
Pacifism only works if EVERYBODY practices it

NumberTwelve

Sat May 07, 2005 2:12 am

Quoting RJpieces (Reply 3):
I don't know...You could have said the same thing in 1981 before Israel bombed Iraq's reactor and very little happened (except for the UN condemnation, but what's new).

Israel's attack with a nuclear weapon, Hiroshima bomb and Nagasaki bomb says all: nuclear weapons in hands of criminals - we needn't complain against Iran, Pakistan, India and North Korea.
signature censored by admin - so check my profile

KLMA330

Sat May 07, 2005 2:33 am

Quoting RayChuang (Reply 19):
Public diplomatic reaction: "We condemn this act by the Zionist imperialists."

Private diplomatic reaction: "We're so glad that Iran is no longer able to threaten the oilfields on the southern coast of the Persian Gulf." Not mention relief in Europe that they won't be within range of Iranian nuclear-armed missiles.

Brilliantly put! Basically, let Israel do the dirty work that no one else has the guts to do.. hasn't that always been the case in the region?

ly7e7

Sat May 07, 2005 3:02 am

Quoting NumberTwelve (Reply 37):
Israel's attack with a nuclear weapon, Hiroshima bomb and Nagasaki bomb says all: nuclear weapons in hands of criminals - we needn't complain against Iran, Pakistan, India and North Korea.

Sorry, I've probably been asleep while my country attacked someone with nukes, so a reminder would be nice.

ly7e7

Sat May 07, 2005 3:03 am

Mrniji,

That was an interesting info. thx.

rjpieces

Sat May 07, 2005 3:57 am

Quoting Mrniji (Reply 35):
which was the only state build on religious premises apart from Israel

United States ring a bell?

Quoting N1120A (Reply 31):

How's that?

ConcordeLoss

Sat May 07, 2005 4:33 am

RJpieces,

Do you ever post in other forums? (Civil av. and such)
"You're not as stupid as you look, or sound, or our best test indicates" Burns to Homer

rjpieces

Sat May 07, 2005 4:46 am

Quoting ConcordeLoss (Reply 42):
Do you ever post in other forums? (Civil av. and such)

Why don't you search for my posts and look for yourself.

N1120A

Sat May 07, 2005 7:43 am

Quoting RJpieces (Reply 41):
Quoting N1120A (Reply 31):

How's that?

Mother

Quoting RJpieces (Reply 41):
Quoting Mrniji (Reply 35):
which was the only state build on religious premises apart from Israel

United States ring a bell?

Except that it wasn't

SFOMEX

Sat May 07, 2005 8:21 am

I'm not sure, but I bet it'd be a wet dream for you, RJpieces.

I fear for the hundreds of Iranians and Israelis who would perish because of an idiotic act like this.
The only thing worst than the GOP is the Democratic Party, think about it!

NumberTwelve

Tue May 10, 2005 5:09 am

Quoting LY7E7 (Reply 39):
Sorry, I've probably been asleep while my country attacked someone with nukes, so a reminder would be nice.

Quoting RJpieces (Reply 3):
don't know...You could have said the same thing in 1981 before Israel bombed Iraq's reactor and very little happened (except for the UN condemnation, but what's new).

LY, did you read RJpieces reply 3???
Ald LY7E7, are you one of these people who still deny Israel has nukes? Are you one of these guys who call the Israeli who brought that info to the civilized world and who got hijacked (in Italy?) and imprisoned in Israel cause he said the truth, a traitor?
signature censored by admin - so check my profile

prosa

Tue May 10, 2005 5:59 am

The American Conservative magazine - granted, not the most impartial authority - ran an article last fall with a nightmarish scenario under which an Israeli bombing of Iran's nuclear facilities leads to the nuclear annihilation of most of the Middle East in just a few days. It doesn't seem to be available online, but if I recall it goes basically as follows:
1) Huge protests break out all over the Middle East and elsewhere, with Israeli and American embassies attacked, hundreds killed as local police fire on the attacking mobs, and so on.
2) Iranian Revolutionary Guards enter Iraq to attack American troops, and the Iraqi Shiites turn against the Americans as well. 400 U.S. troops die in the first day of fighting. Hezbollah launches a major attack on northern Israel.
3) Fundamentalist sympathizers in the Pakistani military overthrow and execute Musharraf. Before word of the coup leaks out, they load two of Pakistan's nuclear bombs onto business jets.
4) Suicide pilots fly the Pakistani jets southward into Africa, then north toward Israel. They ask Israeli ATC for permission to land in Tel Aviv and Ashdod, saying that they're carrying South African businessmen. At the last minute, the aircraft divert over the respective cities and the bombs detonate.
5) A grieviously damaged Israel, having figured out the ruse too late, nukes all major Pakistani cities, with a death toll in the tens of millions. Riots erupt throughout the Arab and Islamic world, and most governments fall to extreme Taliban-style fundamentalists who vow death to Israel. A huge invasion of what's left of Israel is launched.
6) Fighting for its life, Israel launches nuclear strikes on many other Middle Eastern targets; say goodbye to Cairo, Istanbul, Beirut, Mecca, Riyadh, Tehran, etc. etc.
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

qr332

Tue May 10, 2005 6:06 am

Quoting PROSA (Reply 47):
The American Conservative magazine - granted, not the most impartial authority - ran an article last fall with a nightmarish scenario under which an Israeli bombing of Iran's nuclear facilities leads to the nuclear annihilation of most of the Middle East in just a few days. It doesn't seem to be available online, but if I recall it goes basically as follows:
1) Huge protests break out all over the Middle East and elsewhere, with Israeli and American embassies attacked, hundreds killed as local police fire on the attacking mobs, and so on.
2) Iranian Revolutionary Guards enter Iraq to attack American troops, and the Iraqi Shiites turn against the Americans as well. 400 U.S. troops die in the first day of fighting. Hezbollah launches a major attack on northern Israel.
3) Fundamentalist sympathizers in the Pakistani military overthrow and execute Musharraf. Before word of the coup leaks out, they load two of Pakistan's nuclear bombs onto business jets.
4) Suicide pilots fly the Pakistani jets southward into Africa, then north toward Israel. They ask Israeli ATC for permission to land in Tel Aviv and Ashdod, saying that they're carrying South African businessmen. At the last minute, the aircraft divert over the respective cities and the bombs detonate.
5) A grieviously damaged Israel, having figured out the ruse too late, nukes all major Pakistani cities, with a death toll in the tens of millions. Riots erupt throughout the Arab and Islamic world, and most governments fall to extreme Taliban-style fundamentalists who vow death to Israel. A huge invasion of what's left of Israel is launched.
6) Fighting for its life, Israel launches nuclear strikes on many other Middle Eastern targets; say goodbye to Cairo, Istanbul, Beirut, Mecca, Riyadh, Tehran, etc. etc.

Don't you think thats just slightly exaggerated?
"The greatest threat to knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

AR1300

Tue May 10, 2005 6:11 am

What Happens If Israel Bombs Iran?

WWIII?

Mike
You are now free to move about the cabin