"The Block" Season One -- Info Please

Sat May 07, 2005 4:32 am

I am now caught up in watching what I believe is Season One of "The Block" on HGTV in Canada. This series has Phil & Amity and Paul & Kylie (can't remember the others) in a dark brown brick building near Bondy Beach in Sydney. They have just finished room number two and Paul & Kylie won an overnight trip to Melbourne. Any of you Aussies care to tell me how it turns out? Who wins the whole thing and how much did each of the units sell for?

PacificWestern

RE: "The Block" Season One -- Info Please

Sat May 07, 2005 6:20 am

Adam and Fiona won in the first season.

wunala

Sat May 07, 2005 10:50 pm

Dont bother watching the rest of it. Wait till the last one, where they show all of the units.

BTW it is Bondi Beach, which IMO is over-rated and a dissapointment when u c the beach for the first time.

I think Amity was doing a HOT NEW SINGLE during the recording. Anyway she relesed a record, got no where and she was just doing working mens clubs. I think she gave up. If she didnt she should have.

QANTASforever

Sat May 07, 2005 10:57 pm

Personally, I preferred the Manly Beach series 2. I thought it was much much better - and that scenery! Wow.

I hear series 3 is going to be in Melbourne.....tropical Melbourne (sigh).

QFF
Fighting for the glory of the Australian Republic.

QANTASforever

Sat May 07, 2005 10:59 pm

One other thing - I seem to remember most of the apartments went for around about $500,000 each. Not totally sure though.

QFF
Fighting for the glory of the Australian Republic.

bill142

Sat May 07, 2005 11:06 pm

Don't forget Waz & Gaz the gay guys... one of them had a laugh which was worth laughing at itself. not sure which one.. never really got into that show.

wunala

Sat May 07, 2005 11:49 pm

Quoting QANTASforever (Reply 4):
One other thing - I seem to remember most of the apartments went for around about $500,000 each. Not totally sure though

No this was at the height of property boom. A lot more, and also charity benifited from this one. Manly was more realistic of prices (thought at the higher end), but no word of MEL, as it wasnt realy pulling audience, and the OZ real estate market is flat.